Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nenonen posted:

Oh is this one of those "your personality as a color" pseudopsychology things.

... yeah, let's go with that.

Also, Belkar is textbook green/red not Elan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nenonen posted:

no, I think it's Magic the Gathering

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Elan is a Vorthos and Nale is a Melvin, I will not be responding to questions

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nenonen posted:

Alignment chat got weird.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

trucutru posted:

I feel like Elan is kinda tricky. The bard class card is literally RG, but his illusions and healing focus seems like WU instead. Not sure if his dashing swordsman is more W or R tho.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

trucutru posted:

Belkar loves murder, lording his power over others, and has no respect for life. Black/Red seems pretty reasonable, imo.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Are we missing a card where something is actually done with the treasure tokens generated by this card?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

LashLightning posted:

Are we missing a card where something is actually done with the treasure tokens generated by this card?

No. :colbert:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

A treasure is used to assemble a contraption

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

LashLightning posted:

Treasure tokens are a standard thing, they sacrifice for one mana of any colour

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Capfalcon posted:

Belkar loves murder, lording his power over others, and has no respect for life. Black/Red seems pretty reasonable, imo.

G/R also loves murder and lording its power, the difference is that they do it against the people that piss them off and they do it for fun (not because of their ambitions). Who does that sound like? Besides both red and green cannot stand blue. And who's blue in our group? yeah.

Rumda posted:

Treasure tokens are a standard thing, they sacrifice for one mana of any colour

Which means that in the mtg universe money is magic.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 3, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

trucutru posted:

Which means that in the mtg universe money is magic.

Good luck getting any booster packs without money

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Durkon is pure W and Elan is a 5c planeswalker

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

LashLightning posted:

This isn't even close to being a coherent set, it's just a bunch of ideas I poo poo out. Here's a few others...

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Ah, what the hell. I've never been one to turn down an excuse to make fake MtG cards.

And another take on the Godsmoot:

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 3, 2021

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Depending on how "full party" is defined this becomes commically overpowered if you control a creature with Changeling. Even without that it's pretty ridicuous.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Depending on how "full party" is defined this becomes commically overpowered if you control a creature with Changeling. Even without that it's pretty ridicuous.

Any creature can only fill one role in the party. Like, if you have a Warrior Rogue it can either be the Rogue in the Party or the Warrior, not both. So if you want a full party with nothing but Changelings you need four on the board, not just one.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Phanatic posted:

Any creature can only fill one role in the party. Like, if you have a Warrior Rogue it can either be the Rogue in the Party or the Warrior, not both. So if you want a full party with nothing but Changelings you need four on the board, not just one.

Oh is this a codified mechanic from the D&D crossover set?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Oh is this a codified mechanic from the D&D crossover set?

Yeah. All the party cards were pretty bad, sadly.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The really funny thing is that the party mechanic isn't even from the DnD set. The DnD set came out later.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Lol, I didn't even notice who was considered a member of the party until the Elan.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Elan is by far the best value of the group.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Clarste posted:

I don't mind Serini but I do feel tired of this fight scene by now.

I am super tired of this fight scene by now but jeez, trying to look at it objectively it's a really, really cool fight scene with an antagonist that's honestly a lot of fun. It's going to fly by really quickly and be a great part of the collected book, but right now it seems specifically calculated to make it seem like it's taking forever haha -- the Order has been on top of things and working together, except every time it looks like they've won she's got another trick to prolong things, and she's actively splitting the party and pushing back the fight with Xykon (or Order of the Scribble infodump) that we've been teased with for so long (but not actually for that many pages).

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
It also feels a bit like it's a callback to the early strips a bit, getting back to the dungeon with a range of weird dungeon monsters, since it's the last chance for that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I appreciate that throughout this entire fight Belkar has been essentially playing a support role. Willingly and effectively, even.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Caidin posted:

I don't actually remember getting that plot text dump.

Did that ever come out?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It's maddening to me, that they went all in on using initials for their colours, and decided to have two that starts with a B.

U stands for blue. Sure, great.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

THE BAR posted:

It's maddening to me, that they went all in on using initials for their colours, and decided to have two that starts with a B.

Like everything blame the fans

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE BAR posted:

Tbf it started as an internal coding that the players adopted, so it wasnt really meant for public use. But 30 years later its hard to try to replace it

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
You wouldn't want the epic level rogue fighting on her own turf with at least weeks of advance planning for this specific fight and party (and decades of planning generally) to be chumped in a few pages... As much as we all want to get to the good stuff.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

This fight has gone on for less than 10 pages. That's barely even a scene, let alone one that's been dragging on.

You can read through the entire thing in like a minute and a half.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AnoHito posted:

This fight has gone on for less than 10 pages. That's barely even a scene, let alone one that's been dragging on.

You can read through the entire thing in like a minute and a half.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
between this and the k6bd thread people are very bad at handling graphic novels dispersed in webcomic format

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mister Olympus posted:

between this and the k6bd thread people are very bad at handling graphic novels dispersed in webcomic format

to be fair, graphical novels dispersed in webcomic format are bad and we should really move on from the format

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
homestuck was never actually "written for the archive reader" like hussie claimed, but k6bd and oots actually really are. that one infamous blunder doesn't negate that as complete works each of those books really does read smoothly, so there'll be way more people seeing it as intended than getting into slapfights while it's running

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

if they're written for the archive reader then just release them in chapters for the archive reader. enough drip-feed webcomics. society has progressed past the need for drip-feed webcomics.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if they're written for the archive reader then just release them in chapters for the archive reader. enough drip-feed webcomics. society has progressed past the need for drip-feed webcomics.

There is an overwhelming pile of empirical evidence that doing what you suggest at his pace would be terrible business sense.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Then stop reading them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ZenMasterBullshit posted: