Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Asnorban posted:

An hour with the game: it’s fun. It’s more Forza. I’ve raced in a desert and a jungle and done big jumps and have many cars. It looks good and it runs well.

drat it :argh: Why can't it be tomorrow already :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I mean FH4 was already near drat perfect so there's little surprise that a slightly more polished version is even better.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

magimix posted:

drat it :argh: Why can't it be tomorrow already :cry:

You can change the region on your Xbox and play right now! Set it to New Zealand and change it back over the weekend. As far as I’ve read, there are no negative consequences to doing so.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I mean this isn't an indy game developer pushing out a voxol open world procedurally generated MMO with survival elements.

Like farmsim and forza, there's a solid history of quality worth it games.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I mean FH4 was already near drat perfect so there's little surprise that a slightly more polished version is even better.

Yeah, it's more FH4. Sign me up!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Asnorban posted:

You can change the region on your Xbox and play right now! Set it to New Zealand and change it back over the weekend. As far as I’ve read, there are no negative consequences to doing so.

good thing Steam is set to unlock at midnight Eastern US time regardless of where you are in the world! Great job, :steam:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do yall have like a discord to play together or

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

It was after midnight in New Zealand when I finally got a chance to play but not yet midnight in Australia, so I joined the few, the proud, the elite on the Solomon Islands :smugdog:

I have a 1080ti and i9-9900K and for the hell of it, before doing the intro I set the game to 4K HDR and cranked every setting to the max. I got a consistent ~35 fps during 3 of the 4 intro segments, dropping down to 28-29 (and looking a little choppy) in the jungle. Once in the game I ended up changing it to 1440 and dialing back to the High preset so I could get a steady 60fps without my GPU fans screaming, but that was still way, way better than I expected.

I was a little worried that my 1080ti might finally be starting to get a bit outdated, but at this early point I'm impressed with how well the game performs on it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it was posted by a member of the forza enforcement team that changing your location to play early can result in a ban, so uh, good luck to those of you who did it lmao

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it was posted by a member of the forza enforcement team that changing your location to play early can result in a ban, so uh, good luck to those of you who did it lmao

I'm suprised they'd bother with something like that. I mean, how many people are going to trying to unlock early? I'd imagine to be an utterly negligable number, in real terms.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That's something that on paper can happen too when you unlock any steam release early and is probably just as likely to have any actual consequences.

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

If you think that anyone at Playground has time to check if someone paid for and played their game early on a release week then you dont know how game dev works lol

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

saber45 posted:

If you think that anyone at Playground has time to check if someone paid for and played their game early on a release week then you dont know how game dev works lol

For me, its less that I think such enforcement would be likely, but rather, why even bother with the facade? Perhaps just a need to keep up appearances, to mollify some suit somewhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its a very common threat by developers that they'll ban you for playing early using timezone fuckery, but I don't know if I've ever actually seen it happen

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

I doubt microsoft would even let them ban people for that. There would be edge cases of people travelling around and getting banned by mistake. Easier to just turn a blind eye.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I assume if it does happen it's being done by algorithm, no-one's actually going over lists of accounts and manually banning people.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Also what does 'ban' mean? Does it mean ban permanently? I doubt that. Does it mean that even though you paid for the early access you don't get it? More likely. You still get all the rest of the stuff so in a week it won't matter.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Porfiriato posted:

It was after midnight in New Zealand when I finally got a chance to play but not yet midnight in Australia, so I joined the few, the proud, the elite on the Solomon Islands :smugdog:

I have a 1080ti and i9-9900K and for the hell of it, before doing the intro I set the game to 4K HDR and cranked every setting to the max. I got a consistent ~35 fps during 3 of the 4 intro segments, dropping down to 28-29 (and looking a little choppy) in the jungle. Once in the game I ended up changing it to 1440 and dialing back to the High preset so I could get a steady 60fps without my GPU fans screaming, but that was still way, way better than I expected.

I was a little worried that my 1080ti might finally be starting to get a bit outdated, but at this early point I'm impressed with how well the game performs on it.

FH4 is like black magic already. I have no idea how it runs as well as it does, but I suspect MS releasing a severely underpowered console 8 years ago might have something to do with it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

They are just copy/pasting policy. This isn't actually enforced. I've been doing this on Xbox for years now with no problems.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I said come in! posted:

They are just copy/pasting policy. This isn't actually enforced. I've been doing this on Xbox for years now with no problems.

this is a good username/post combo

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

smart delivery fuckery is making me redownload the game anyway and ETA is just in time for 1AM in my timezone so this is gonna be the fastest round trip to new zealand ever, barring some billionaires popping in to check out their global warming bunkers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Convex posted:

this is a good username/post combo

I say come in all the time! If you come over, i'll make you coffee, and you can play Horizon 5 on either my Series X, or RTX 2070 PC, I have a fanatec wheel too. :kiddo:

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

Unfortunate that I can't game the system with the steam copy, I had way too many problems with the windows version to risk it. I think you can back up your character save data on steam where you can't on the windows store version too, but I'm not 100% on that.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I must be confused by the timezone swapping on PC, I changed my system time and MS Store time which is where I bought it but the game won't launch, what am I doing wrong?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

General Probe posted:

I must be confused by the timezone swapping on PC, I changed my system time and MS Store time which is where I bought it but the game won't launch, what am I doing wrong?

change your region in region settings, not your clocks

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yeah I changed my region and nothing else, didn’t have to reboot or anything, it just let me play.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The game looks so stunning I have no idea what are they even going to improve for FH6 besides raytracing maybe.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
That did the trick, thank you goons!

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

For some reason the welcome pack and whatever else is included in the premium pack isn't showing up in game. I can play though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

SaltPig posted:

For some reason the welcome pack and whatever else is included in the premium pack isn't showing up in game. I can play though.

From what I can tell this is because of the region swap and we should be getting that stuff at the actual release time in whatever region you bought the game in. Did you get the premium dlc bundle to go with the game pass version or buy the ultimate edition outright? Trying to narrow down what exactly is the cause of the issue.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I bought the game pass addon and nothing yet. I'm assuming it'll go live when the game actually releases tonight.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

i mean, prolly, yeah. i'm not gonna risk it either way, i've been waiting since june so what's a couple more hours anyway

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress, this is so much fun lol. The Hoonigan Cossie is a beast. Runs great too. Have it set to ultra at 1440p and am sitting at 90fps. Could probably bump it up close to max.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Anyone here playing with a stock GTX 1080? Curious what sort of FPS I can expect at 1080p :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wiltsghost posted:

gently caress, this is so much fun lol. The Hoonigan Cossie is a beast. Runs great too. Have it set to ultra at 1440p and am sitting at 90fps. Could probably bump it up close to max.

What GPU are you using?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I just found out steam also releases early for Premium

"Early Access will start on 11/5 for Premium Edition"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

What GPU are you using?

2070S and an 8700K, Playground are wizards.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Convex posted:

Anyone here playing with a stock GTX 1080? Curious what sort of FPS I can expect at 1080p :)

I'm on an 8700k and 1080 and getting 60 fps solid on high settings without issues

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Definitely like the post race menus in this game more than 4. It's so much faster. Seemed like it took forever to just get playing again after a race in 4. Here it's like 10 or 15 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

octan3
Jul 10, 2004
DoNt dO DrUgs
This game runs soooo well on PC while looking insane. Is the Google spreadsheet the best place to find people to add to the PC version?