Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

more like Honore de BALLSACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

what the heck is beb?

seen it in a couple places, never could figure it out

matti
Mar 31, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

u aint very smart, but that's ok, keep posting

i actually quoted the wrong post

lmao's have been withaken

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

you plug it in and it shows the chaz shooting from a first person POV

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Azathoth posted:

what the heck is beb?

seen it in a couple places, never could figure it out

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ah that makes sense, thank you

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

man thats such a goofy fuckin quote lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
liberals do have an Oedipal complex

they want to sleep with Hillary and Kamala

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jazerus posted:

BEB. BEB. all of you are BEB
Joe BEBen’

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

apparently this was the thing that finally gets Vaush to lose followers?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

what the heck is up with this anarchist obsession over bedtimes specifically? i don’t get it. is there any other group that cares?

matti
Mar 31, 2019

I WISH MY JUNKIE NEIGHBORS WOULD FOLLOW THEM

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

fart simpson posted:

what the heck is up with this anarchist obsession over bedtimes specifically? i don’t get it. is there any other group that cares?

counterculture driven entirely by "gently caress you, dad!"

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

fart simpson posted:

it's because online anarchists are overwhelmingly children

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i am so done with this thread and talking to americans in general

what do you call that act? cspam!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

matti posted:

i am so done with this thread and talking to americans in general

what do you call that act? cspam!

see ya in the pos

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

fart simpson posted:

Like libertarians and a certain strand of progressive liberals (same thing really), their focus on individual liberty as the basis of all politics can't honestly account for children so they just double down when this is pointed out to them, and they end up looking like petulant caricatures of children, obvious pedos, or both.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fart simpson posted:

when you have a surface-level understanding of your own ideology, you get to this point where you think that the individual should be free to do as they wish free of coercion, and that all authoritarian relationships should be abolished

this can lead you to a position where you think that the child should be free to sleep when they want, and wake when they want, and that the parent "arbitrarily" setting a bedtime for the child (as part of the larger dominion of the parent over the child, also to be considered arbitrary) is a relationship that should be abolished

I've said it before but this isn't actually a position that's supported by capital-A Anarchist literature

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

do they just want to leave toddlers on their own to starve to death or get hit by a car or something?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

fart simpson posted:

do they just want to leave toddlers on their own to starve to death or get hit by a car or something?

get a load of this authoritarian imposing meals on a toddler

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
i suspect that the bedtime thing is an internet meme :cheersbird:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fart simpson posted:

Anarchists: Childish Liberals, or Liberal Children?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

gradenko_2000 posted:

when you have a surface-level understanding of your own ideology, you get to this point where you think that the individual should be free to do as they wish free of coercion, and that all authoritarian relationships should be abolished

this can lead you to a position where you think that the child should be free to sleep when they want, and wake when they want, and that the parent "arbitrarily" setting a bedtime for the child (as part of the larger dominion of the parent over the child, also to be considered arbitrary) is a relationship that should be abolished

I've said it before but this isn't actually a position that's supported by capital-A Anarchist literature

yeah it's exclusively a concern for online anarchists on social media from what I've seen. I've got plenty disagreements with irl anarchist groups but none that I've encountered or been involved have mentioned bedtime once lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

yeah it's exclusively a concern for online anarchists on social media from what I've seen. I've got plenty disagreements with irl anarchist groups but none that I've encountered or been involved have mentioned bedtime once lol

im pretty sure that worrying about bedtime is exclusively a concern for people who have a bedtime

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Fauxbot posted:

i suspect that the bedtime thing is an internet meme :cheersbird:
This has always been my take too. Even if is literal, its not worth taking literal.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
not bedtime, won't pee. won't wear my, jammies

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pnac attack posted:

not bedtime, won't pee. won't wear my, jammies

if u think about it being forced by "society" to wear clothes is the ultimate authoritarianism

if man were meant to wear pants he would have been born with denim skin

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jammies own, actually

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

Jammies own, actually

i have a nice set of flannel pajamas that i can't wear six months out of the year because they're too warm. it's finally getting cold enough out to wear them and it makes me happy

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

if u think about it being forced by "society" to wear clothes is the ultimate authoritarianism

if man were meant to wear pants he would have been born with denim skin

more than once i have wandered the desert denied access to life-giving water by petty tyrants and their "no shirt no shoes no service" policies

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/s...umber%3D734pti4

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

:discourse:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

no read

:justpost:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like the implication there that there are no ADHD MLs, as though all ML agitprop wasn't written from the ground up assuming an audience of barely literate people with no time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

anyway I've crunched some numbers and can confidently say that that earring contains a 10 second video compilation of Chomsky telling everybody to vote for Clinton, Gore, Obama, Clinton, and Biden in glorious 120fps 4K

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

…I have serious ADHD and I read huge amounts all the god drat time, even unmedicated.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Epic High Five posted:

I like the implication there that there are no ADHD MLs, as though all ML agitprop wasn't written from the ground up assuming an audience of barely literate people with no time

I am the dumbest motherfucker on the forums and I still have managed to read several pieces of theory.

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
i have hell adhd and have a hard time due to circumstances just sitting down and reading but you can learn a lot by 1) posting online while being curious 1a) actually reading and being able to pay attention because i got in an argument in 1) and need something that backs me up, 2) finding videos, documentaries, and similar that help summarize things and are easier to consume 3) doing reading groups with comrades with a take turns reading out loud format

#3 is great too because you dont just read it you talk about it and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

hot witch divorcee posted:

you can learn a lot by 1) posting online
lmfao mods new thread title