Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

I said come in! posted:

Am I the only one playing on series x? :p

nope :cheersdoge: just finished the prologue. game looks so fuckign good even in performance mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm on series s, looks great there too

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

house of the dad posted:

I don’t know what changed from 4 but the handling feels loving amazing in this game.

Yeah, I don't know what they tweaked but it went from already great to feeling outright stellar.

I missed this dumbass car bullshit.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I bought the stuporgiganto pack on steam a couple nights ago but I guess I didn't preorder it early enough because it still says it unlocks on the 9th

e: nm, restarted steam, it's going

ee: and stopped again because my graphics driver isn't updated enough

hexwren fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 5, 2021

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

So can we play this now via game pass without buying anything extra?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao i just spent like 15 minutes looking for the barn find in the swamp, with a whole bunch of other players in the area also looking for it. now i'm finding other players who're still looking for it, honking at them and leading them to it.

game owns.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

saber45 posted:

So can we play this now via game pass without buying anything extra?

No, not until the 9th.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
RTX 3080, 1440p every graphical setting set to max (except FXAA and motion blur off), getting 90fps minimum at all times, and I’m currently capping my GPU at 100. :smuggo: Really happy with that, game is gorgeous too. One of the few times a character in game calls out “isn’t that gorgeous?” and it actually is.

Protip for the people just starting: follow the story mode adventure bits until you get the big FH5 splash screen, then the game opens up everything to you and you can get distracted by whatever at your leisure. I may have done random poo poo for 3 hours before I figured this out, wondering why I couldn’t find a drift zone for one of the challenges.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I noticed all the seasonal challenges have very specific requirements. Like one is use an Audi S2 998 and another Ford S1 900. Not sure I like that being so specific. Then again for 4 I used literally one car to do all the pr stunts so I guess it's nice to change it up every now and again.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've done this last like ten years ago, but I woke up early just to play before work and now I hate it here lol

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I too have to slog through 8 hours of work today, but at least I’m still working from home so I can play on my lunch break :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So I just bought the premium pass thingy that requires gamepass membership. Now I just need to download the game, any edition, and it will let me play, right?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

So I just bought the premium pass thingy that requires gamepass membership. Now I just need to download the game, any edition, and it will let me play, right?

Yep, just download it on game pass and you should be good to go.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Anyone rocking an older laptop card played yet? Wondering how my ageing 1660 will handle it

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It owns. Not going to be on time for bed tonight.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

oh my god the expeditions actually have a dynamic score :swoon: this owns so hard

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

Good News!

Wheel support isn't half bad, sensitivity seems kinda weak with the road feedback, but other than that it's a hell of an improvement over 4.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Wheel support? Every car I’ve tried has had all four so far! :imunfunny:

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
the cars in this game feel extremely similar to horizon 4 but somehow better and i can't really explain it. also i think they nerfed the low psi tires tune. that or 1/65 rollbars, can't fully tell yet. wish this didn't come out at midnight

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I came across this interactive map someone made for Forza Horizon 5 that shows the location of basically everything. Spoiler warning, of course, if you don't want to know where all the fast travel boards are or something like that.

It's a nice replacement for the treasure map which still hasn't loaded for me, I thought maybe that just doesn't unlock until the official release day but it seems like it's working for others?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
would be a shame if this came to Xcloud so I could slack off at work all day

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

trip report after like 30 mins of play
3060 and Amd 3600 seems to do pretty well at 1440p It seems locked to 60fps though? Using about 70-75% average CPU which is about what F4 was using locked at 72fps. drat is this game beautiful.
Also had a crash after completing the first picture challenge we'll see how it goes forward..

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gripes thus far:

- game will still respond to gamepad input while not being the window in focus, leading to situations where you get stuck in a loop of exiting the pause menu, only for the game to realize it's not in focus and return you to the pause menu
- the game will default to calling you by whatever first name is on your microsoft account, audibly, a good five-ten times before the option to fix your name is presented to you.
- having to keep taking my eyes off the road to read the subtitles because everyone in this game speaks keikaku-level spanglish (Translator's note: plan means "plan" and this joke doesn't work at all with Spanish)
- being broke again suuuuuuuuucks

otherwise, it is absolutely more horizon and that's great

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Goon Racing Club [GRCC] is created. I will be too busy to run the thing but I will do club announcements like I did in GNRC, and give the Admin slots to our coolest driving doods, around the globe.

Sound good?

I'd like to extend Admin right away to Gutbomb, Kaddion (if you are interested) Cubivore, and I need help adding the right European and Oceanic drivers.

No special rules just like GNRC, except don't be a dick. Don't ruin the fun.

my gamertag is Captain Howdy 0 (that is a trailing "zero" on the end).

GNRC was huge. I hope GRCC FH5 can be. Huger.

I just put check marks next to almost everyone in my friends list who's ever raced in one of the goon clubs that I know of for sure. It was under the "recommend someone" section so I hope you all are getting your invites.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 5, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tried again, crashed on either of the 2 starting missions.. reinstalling.. Hope that works :(

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
I can't be the only person to spend their free car voucher buying the most expensive non-accolade-related car right? Otherwise I'd have to spend 18.5 million buying a Ferrari 250 California.

Also I'd suggest saving up 2 million to buy the fast travel anywhere house on the west coast.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Wiltsghost posted:

I noticed all the seasonal challenges have very specific requirements. Like one is use an Audi S2 998 and another Ford S1 900. Not sure I like that being so specific. Then again for 4 I used literally one car to do all the pr stunts so I guess it's nice to change it up every now and again.

Yeah I took several tries to hit like 195mph on the speed trap challenge, and only after I finally got it did the game pop up the message "wrong car, idiot". After that I noticed there's a toggle on the playlist to switch between showing the reward and the car/class requirements.

Maybe it's just because it's early and I'm still broke but it feels like money is tighter in this game. In particular super wheelspins seem pretty hard to come by. Even the PR stunt rewards on the playlist are just regular wheelspins, though maybe that will change with the first "official" season.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Faustus posted:

GNRC was huge. I hope GRCC FH5 can be. Huger.

im new how do you join?

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Dr. Faustus posted:

Goon Racing Club [GRCC] is created. I will be too busy to run the thing but I will do club announcements like I did in GNRC, and give the Admin slots to our coolest driving doods, around the globe.

Sound good?

Sounds absolutely splendid! I have sent a request as Muttering Hobo.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

im new how do you join?

Online -> Clubs -> Search Clubs -> search Goon Racing Club

I'll be on for maybe another 2 hours to accept requests to join.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
this one doesn't like quick resume.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Have sent a request for the club, my gt is apple master (and then sometimes it has numbers after it).

Missed out on FH4 so excited to play this from the get go and possibly with other humans.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are already people buying out 14 million credit auctions.

There's also an actual car collection page that gives you rewards for owning X amount of each make.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 5, 2021

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Anyone know if there's a fix to the weird vertical lines that show up on ultrawide displays?
Happened with FH4 and disappointed to see it in this one too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Applied for the club, GT is Aiziril.

Also, VIP and the rest of the premium content is available for me now the official release time has come round so hooray for that.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

WHERE'S MY TRUENO!?!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
drat this game is beautiful, and the opening showcase event thing was pretty exciting.

If it stops crashing to desktop at seemingly random times, it’ll be awesome.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole posted:

Anyone know if there's a fix to the weird vertical lines that show up on ultrawide displays?
Happened with FH4 and disappointed to see it in this one too.

Like this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/56zngn/weird_vertical_line_distortion_on_pc/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Shart Carbuncle posted:

drat this game is beautiful, and the opening showcase event thing was pretty exciting.

If it stops crashing to desktop at seemingly random times, it’ll be awesome.

Had a lot better stability after installing the newest graphics drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't find any Lancias, gonna go to sleep and hope I was just too tired because that simply cannot be right.

Kaddion has been approving invites (thank you!) and I have to get some rest. When I get up I'll catch up the invites and see who is ready to take on Admin roles for us. I'll let the club fill me in on who expects to be online and during what hours.

Not going to lie, I've always been an early adopter of Xbox poo poo since the One. Paid too much, too often, and am kinda surprised I went ahead and bought the Series X. Between getting warmed back up in FM7 and FH4, I've had moderate fun in Avengers and checked out some other cool stuff. But FH5 is just so nice, and I haven't tried Performance Mode yet. Consoles are just great for "play from your couch" sports stuff in 4K Home Theater style.

I'm happy for all of us we got the best club name and tag going. I'm going to be on a lot this weekend, see you all around.

GRCC decal folks please bring the logos and masks and stuff to the vinyl party. It's not Motorsport and we won't treat it as such; but it's looking to be a great new title and worthy of the Horizon franchise at least.

People of Earth... how are you?