Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I mean nothing can top the thumbnails he curates for advertising the patreon anyways. Especially since they are supposed to attract people instead of making then run away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

This comic is worthless.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I hate how aggressively cartoonish he got in that last panel. Too little, too late, and too unnerving!

Still more actual character motivation than we've seen from him for the entire chapter so far, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Try to make the same pose with your fingers that snout is. It's not natural at all.

Also lol at Snout saying he won't abandon his friends who are all sad and instead of seeing if he can help them, he abandons them to drool over food.

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
The next page: Somebody rudely yanks on his tail and points at an inexplicable sign that says something like "You have to pay for these vegetables".

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

he sure got over that bizarre interaction with the seaweed orc quick. what was the point of that again? to show us some butt cracks and sad dongs? i cant believe he put this in print, i can't believe a single person actually bought this

e: looking at it again, i really dont like those hands in the last panel, something about their weird detail bothers me.

DamnitGannet fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 5, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

so many houses with no doors
looks like a normal place

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow he sure is being there for his friends, isn't he.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

DamnitGannet posted:

i can't believe a single person actually bought this

I can believe a single person actually bought this. As in, I believe that he has only ever sold one copy, to a single person.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So at a distance everything had this dense line texture that made it look like it was all made of wood, but up close it's just some buildings.

There has not been a consistent design aesthetic for any place in this entire godforsaken thing.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Again, this is the third times Snout's been wowed by the big city. We've been here.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheHan posted:

This comic is worthless.

Snout is an absolute vile loathsome piece of poo poo

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Previously: "Maltak cuisine is amazing! I go crazy for it!"

Now: "ZOMG raw veggies! My FAVE"

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mookie making Ink Witch's breech of privacy more easily forgivable by making his goodboy protagonist into an unsympathetic rear end in a top hat isn't what I expected. Snout showing no empathy towards his friends and focusing entirely on himself was bad writing before but by now it's been going on long enough that it's becoming consistent characterisation.

Maybe someone will tell mookie and he'll introduce Evil Snout to fix it.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

TheHan posted:

This comic is worthless.
This is small potatoes compared to the larger narrative issues...but why is the sequence as presented "walking through the market", "standing by the shore", "looking at something in the market"? Like just swapping the order of the first two panels makes the whole thing make more sense, and it makes more sense as a continuation of the prior page.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
What incredibly boring flavorless settings...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

SubG posted:

This is small potatoes compared to the larger narrative issues...but why is the sequence as presented "walking through the market", "standing by the shore", "looking at something in the market"? Like just swapping the order of the first two panels makes the whole thing make more sense, and it makes more sense as a continuation of the prior page.

It works for me because it reads like what a nightmare would look like in physical form. There's a sort of reason to it if you squint hard enough, but everything is senseless and disjointed. Events happen outside of your desire, control, and understanding, and the only thing you can do is look on in horror as Snout greedily looks to celebrate his triumph over the orc monster by consuming fresh vegetables garnished with the tears of his neglected friends.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Hmm I'm not very good at drawing vegetables, how can I subtley make it clear they are vegetables... 🤔 🤔 🤔

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Why show us a wide shot of a bazaar if Snout doesn't go into any of those stalls? The vegetable stall is a tent, which doesn't match any of the stalls. Also, I strongly dislike the motion lines around his tail showing us how suddenly his tailboner sprang to full turgidity.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

MuddyFunster posted:

The next page: Somebody rudely yanks on his tail and points at an inexplicable sign that says something like "You have to pay for these vegetables".

And then he writes in his diary about how bad it made him feel

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I love how these heavy stone buildings are built right on the ground, which may be generic "ground" or even sand I can't tell from the lack of details, a couple of feet from the water.
No foundation, nothing too hold back the water not even doors.

These people must love having to mop the water out every day, then having to rebuild every time their house collapses.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

Why show us a wide shot of a bazaar if Snout doesn't go into any of those stalls? The vegetable stall is a tent, which doesn't match any of the stalls. Also, I strongly dislike the motion lines around his tail showing us how suddenly his tailboner sprang to full turgidity.

just lol if fresh veggies don't make you hard af

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

DamnitGannet posted:

e: looking at it again, i really dont like those hands in the last panel, something about their weird detail bothers me.

The left hand is attached to the arm backwards. There are other issue, but that's a big one.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Moola posted:

Hmm I'm not very good at drawing vegetables, how can I subtley make it clear they are vegetables... 🤔 🤔 🤔

Write it in on a prominent sign in a language foreign to your country, of course.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Okay, I finally realized what's been bugging me for a while now.
Where are they carrying all their things?

None of the have any bags, they must have things like money and food, and we know Snout has his diary, ink and brushes.

Yet they all dress like they're headed across the street, not dressed for a long distance search which might require some actual walking and searching.

I'm not saying they should be decked out like adventurers diving into a massive dungeon, but they should at least have some bags or pouches.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Snout had that bindle but Mookie got bored of drawing it I guess

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're in their inventory

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
When Snout met the Ink Witch for the second time she had a massive paintbrush with her that was gone within pages, never to be seen again. Arudak also had a big stick but ditched it before getting to Mongreltown (And before Snout magically fixed his back problems forever).

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can believe a single person actually bought this. As in, I believe that he has only ever sold one copy, to a single person.

What, like as a joke?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Everything has at least one person that likes it. I can believe there's one person out there (that isn't Mookie I should clarify) that thinks this is actually really good and wants to own a copy. Hell there's probably at least a hundred.

Though we have people in this thread subscribing to Mookie's patreon, as a joke, so I'm sure there's people that bought a copy of the physical book as a joke too.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

legitimately a better comic like this

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

im really enjoying this

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
also I love how extremely easy it is to edit mookie's comics. Because there's barely any detail to remove and he just uses either solid black or white tones 99% of the time lol

e;

30 seconds of editing

another 30 seconds

I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make here. I'm just sort of mesmerized by how little work goes into his work lol

he just farts out a few squiggles as a first draft, "inks them" and done. I honestly reckon each comic takes him less than an hour

Moola fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 6, 2021

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I felt compelled to actually put something in Mookie's void canvas, I'm not a very good artist though and I got bored half way through

e;

here's the OG

Moola fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Moola posted:

I felt compelled to actually put something in Mookie's void canvas, I'm not a very good artist though and I got bored half way through

Good artistry be damned, you created a far more believable beach than Mookie did.