Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Starsfan posted:

The algorithm they are using seems really basic, like i'm pretty sure when the computer discovers a card in the tavern brawl it always takes the cheapest option offered.

Which is how I got 2 Patches off my Discover a Legendary minion Treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pro tip for Mercs: Cookie is really helpful for doing tasks. His 3rd ability summons a 0 attack enemy that can stall a battle for as long as you want, so you can farm your summon skills, ect. for tasks.

EDIT: Oh by the way the next expansion was datamined. It's Alterac Valley as many had predicted

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 4, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I still kinda suck with this but it's hilarious when it works right. Here is a guide and a game I just won:

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/3810-edwin-defias-kingpin-is-making-miracles-a-full-guide-to-miracle-rogue-on-the-wildest-of-wednesdays

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7bTV9wrxdbZn6z57nUoaK7

### Edwin Miracle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (0) Snowflipper Penguin
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (0) Wisp
# 2x (1) Conceal
# 1x (1) Helpless Hatchling
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Captain's Parrot
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
#
AAEBAYaSBALJiQPtgAQOswGSBN4HjRD1uwLiygKqywPP0QOt7gOh9AORnwT2nwT3nwTboAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

And I am having an insane amount of fun with this:

### DR Hunt
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Terrorscale Stalker
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 2x (5) Imported Tarantula
# 1x (5) The Rat King
#
AAEBAa/XAwLUugPK+wMOxw/YwgKczQKL4QLylgOOrQP2ugOVzQP16AOY6gOU/AOH/QOpnwTRoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 4, 2021

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

victorious posted:

I'd love to hear if the Devs have an explanation or any kind of reasoning behind this brawl. I mean its probably AI data gathering or something it's just such a terrible way to do it.
I'm assuming after the great success of Mercenaries mode, the literal plan is to eventually fill ladder with bots to keep queue times down and engagement numbers up.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Despite neither priest nor mage counting towards the 5-class quest and warrior never playing its quest, I was genuinely impressed by the brawl AI. I had a damaged 0/3 treasure chest on board and the AI played an Augmerchant to put a divine shield on it when the enemy would otherwise have had enough damage on board to kill it next turn.

My opinion changed fast because the AI then proceeded to attack an enemy minion with it. :suicide:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Going to try this list instead, it incorporates elements from this one:

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/edwin-rogue-6-legend-haeil-wild-s92/

### Edwin Miracle Rogue
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (0) Wisp
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Conceal
# 2x (1) Safety Inspector
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
#
AAEBAYaSBALeB+2ABA6zAZIEjRD1uwLiygKqywPP0QPh5AOh9AO9gASRnwT2nwT3nwTboAQA
#

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
In a game I was playing Warrior the AI summoned a minion than immediately used the combo card to do 5 damage to a minion on it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Annnnnd I've updated it again. This is super super fun:

### Edwin Miracle Rogue
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (0) Wisp
# 1x (1) Conceal
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 1x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (1) SI:7 Extortion
#
AAEBAYaSBATeB6rLA6H0A+2ABA2zAZIEjRD1uwLiygLP0QPh5AOt7gO9gASRnwT2nwT3nwTboAQA
#

And now I'm really going off the rails lol:

### Edwin Miracle Rogue
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (0) Wisp
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 1x (1) Conceal
# 1x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
#
AAEBAYaSBATeB6H0A7+ABO2ABA2zAY0Q9bsC4soC1YwDx84Dz9ED4eQDvYAEkZ8E9p8E958E26AEAA==
#

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 4, 2021

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Strawberry Panda posted:

In a game I was playing Warrior the AI summoned a minion than immediately used the combo card to do 5 damage to a minion on it.
I think I'm going to do all of my 'Play 3 Games' quests this week in the Brawl just because it is entertaining to watch the insanity.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

edit: lol it's so op

Wasn't this about poison rogue before it was edited? I wanted to know more about maining that on ladder.

What's the good list right now?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I just lost a less than 0.1% loss :saddumb:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Any tips on laddering with the battle ready Questline Hunter deck? This is my first time trying to climb.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

victorious posted:

I'd love to hear if the Devs have an explanation or any kind of reasoning behind this brawl. I mean its probably AI data gathering or something it's just such a terrible way to do it.

They could say they wanted to simulate the frustration of directing a play that goes off the rails and none of the actors know their lines. So you're just impotently trying to gesture for them to do the right thing but it just gets worse and worse.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Any tips on laddering with the battle ready Questline Hunter deck? This is my first time trying to climb.

Against quest mage you want to avoid playing any minions for them to cast spells on. This means using your overwhelms and bola shots on your own minions since you still make progress on the quest that way. Use your hero power as much as you can, and don’t attack them with Rinling’s if they have a secret up.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Against quest mage you want to avoid playing any minions for them to cast spells on. This means using your overwhelms and bola shots on your own minions since you still make progress on the quest that way. Use your hero power as much as you can, and don’t attack them with Rinling’s if they have a secret up.

it's the dumbest matchup

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/sky_tding/status/1456508579855233024?t=pisT-8W7lVjJRVFnFg4Jdw&s=19

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So as token/aggro Druid, what do you do against quest mage? Just not play minions until you can put down a big board on one turn, then just hope they don’t have fire sale?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So as token/aggro Druid, what do you do against quest mage? Just not play minions until you can put down a big board on one turn, then just hope they don’t have fire sale?

No, def just play minions on curve per usual. Often they don't have the nut removal, and are missing a spell school, and your pressure doesn't give them time to draw for it.

And yes to the Hope they dont have Fire Sale plan. You're not favored in this matchup anyways.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Tezzeract posted:

Everything Scrub said, and don't try to greed your quick shots. Drawing the card is unimportant, advancing the quest and doing face damage are.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

No, def just play minions on curve per usual. Often they don't have the nut removal, and are missing a spell school, and your pressure doesn't give them time to draw for it.

And yes to the Hope they dont have Fire Sale plan. You're not favored in this matchup anyways.

Yeah, a lot of the time you just gotta Make them have it and don't overthink things. You win by attacking with guys, and waiting 8 turns to play all your minions out isn't going to make them any less likely to have removal in hand (and at this point probably discounted).

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So they buffed Diablo in BG right? Cause his little extra minion thing pops out twice as big now. Still see him eliminated in 5th every game though.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The extra minion grows every 4 rounds. 3/6/12 etc

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Disargeria posted:

The extra minion grows every 4 rounds. 3/6/12 etc

It comes out as a 6/6 the first time now, then a 10/10.

Edit: I guess it's a 5/5 and was just buffed by something else.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 5, 2021

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Just jumped into a round and yeah, it started as a 5 then a 10.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mercs gripes:
Hysteria: Choose a character - it attacks until it dies. Except it's capped at 10 attacks or so.
Valanyr: Restore your characters to full health. Except when it just doesn't do anything, for random unknown reasons.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Just go all in, if they have it they have it and if they dont you win. If you’re really hitting a lot of quest mages and want to target that matchup you can try adding a robes of protection to the deck

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

There are some abilities that prevent healing that turn. Maybe that's it?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chernabog posted:

There are some abilities that prevent healing that turn. Maybe that's it?

It wasn't that - i mean it was only the hysteria not working as written that cost me anything. The Valanyr thing was definitely a bug, I wasn't fighting anything which could prevent healing.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Lol wtf. I know duels is supposed to be full of bullshit OP cards, but dude just played a card against me that cleared the board and made me take DOUBLE DAMAGE the rest of the game. I was Diablo. So now my hero power did 6 damage to my face.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

BGs Sneed needs a nerf. He's way too stong.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
this is the best tavern brawl ever, im pissing myself laughing. im definitely going to be asking WHY though

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I lost interest in playing a little before the Stormwind set came out, how's the game holding up?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Toebone posted:

I lost interest in playing a little before the Stormwind set came out, how's the game holding up?

You made a good call.

Semi-seriously, Stormwind was for the majority received pretty negatively initially with un-interactive combo decks out the wazoo. The mini-set looks like it's shaping up to be similarly poorly received, except this time it's because of aggro.

Mercenaries was the big new mode released but people have soured on it after doing all the solo-content and the PvP is effectively flashy rock-paper-scissors, plus some generally stupid balance/marketing decisions.

I don't know on the BG front and :lol: Duels. Maybe best to wait it out until the next set.

Edit: Also an interesting oversight with Jerry Rig Carpenter, some of the "choose one" effects are coded in game as 0 mana rather than the original cards mana cost. So that means in Wild currently, Jerry Rig Carpenter is a 2 mana 2/1 + 6/6 Taunt + heal 12 (Hidden Oasis).

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 6, 2021

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Toebone posted:

Counterpoint to the above: standard has never been more fun than it was with this set. Every class has decks that are actually capable of finishing the game in a reasonable time. All the meta decks feel great to play and there's even some off-meta options that are fun.

Battleground is really solid right now.

Mercenaries is actually fun now that I've gotten the hang of it and reached the endgame PvE/low tier pvp content.

Wild is also fantastic right now.

In all honesty I think the game has never been more fun. Any game mode you queue into you're gonna have an enjoyable time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Oof, I thought Gruul 12's 'kill 30 dragons' was an annoying task, now 14 is 'kill 40 dragons with Gruul's ability2'. The merc task difficulty tuning is absurdly wonky.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Counter counter point.
I've been playing since beta, made legend a few times, and this is the only time I've considered quitting.

Standard and Wild are just about copying the best (and usually most braindead) decks from the internet and whoever is luckier wins most of the times. Games get decided, if not outright by matchup, by the draw or by random effects with little to no player agency.

In arena you could consistently get a 6 or 7 win average with solid drafting and play. Now it is way too random with cards that automatically win games and discover effects that make those cards show up more often than they should. "Oh, you got Sneed's Goliath? Cool, guess I lose."

Battlegrounds has had its ups and downs but it has been the only mode that has kept me coming back.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I disagree with pretty much all of that, I just don't get it.

Wild especially I dont understand how you can be bored of it. There's just so much space for 52% tier 2 decks in the format. I've been regularly hitting diamond 5 off eureka shaman and tonk Hunter just doing daily quests. There's such a huge card pool available that it seems basically impossible to be bored in to me.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wild feels a lot better right now than standard, standard has devolved back into like 4 different arena decks that check quest mage; wild has a lot of variety after the ban (would be better if they banned warrior quest too)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Casual Wild is fun as hell, lots of variety. Plus you encounter a lot of the same people over and over and most of them are friendly enough to share codes for decks that look fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

I disagree with pretty much all of that, I just don't get it.

Wild especially I dont understand how you can be bored of it. There's just so much space for 52% tier 2 decks in the format. I've been regularly hitting diamond 5 off eureka shaman and tonk Hunter just doing daily quests. There's such a huge card pool available that it seems basically impossible to be bored in to me.

I don't get bored of the decks I make, I get bored of going against the same 4 or 5 decks over and over again when there are so many possibilities.