Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Because butts

now I'm even more confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

why are high waisted jeans coming back???

It's all cyclical. We'll all be in JNCOs again before you know it.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Never, Ill die on my "boot cut or gtfo" hill.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/NetHistorian/status/1456234278606360576?t=TanJA9W6qvIMeARpynLU4A&s=19

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

The SA word filter has wrecked my brain and I will never be able to see "gently caress" and not think "gently caress".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/vladputinfemboy/status/1456418378852311043

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

kdrudy posted:

It's all cyclical. We'll all be in JNCOs again before you know it.

Bell bottoms tried to make one of its periodic returns in the mid-1990's, and society shut that down real quick--even for a fashion fad. I've seen people scoff at the idea of the bell bottom while simultaneously wondering if JNCO will finally release a larger pair of pants, or one with more pockets.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I dream of a world that's everyone in cargo JNCOs

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Bell bottoms tried to make one of its periodic returns in the mid-1990's, and society shut that down real quick--even for a fashion fad. I've seen people scoff at the idea of the bell bottom while simultaneously wondering if JNCO will finally release a larger pair of pants, or one with more pockets.

Just walking around in one giant pocket.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I recall a flares flare-up in the early 2000s as well

Flared bottoms, elasticized hip-hugger waistbands, midriff tanks

It was a time to be alive

Also, belts were getting quite ornate around then

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Bell bottoms are def still around. They just call them boot cut and put a bunch of rhinestones or weird stitching on the back pockets

My favorite current pant fashion is the high-waisted light denim jeans with huge legs ripped open from mid thigh to mid shin.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol just lol if you weren't emo as all hell in the 2000s

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

DreadUnknown posted:

Never, Ill die on my "boot cut or gtfo" hill.

I don't even wear boot cut when wearing boots, what a terrible hill

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ravenfood posted:

Just walking around in one giant pocket.

This is called a sack race and it's not an Olympic sport anywhere despite dozens of letter writing campaigns.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

2000 - 2004 were a gradient for me, from preppy shithead to emo queer

Definitely an improvement

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

This is called a sack race and it's not an Olympic sport anywhere despite dozens of letter writing campaigns.

We need to drop the Olympics and just make it International Field Day. Get everyone in the world out there with the mini cones all set up

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
High-waisted jeans are back because people think it hides their guts.

It doesn't.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Volcott posted:

Passengers absolutely works better as a horror film than whatever it was billed as.
Passengers except she goes into the medbay pod and 6 months later Chris Pratt jumps out the airlock because he realises it's only a matter of time before he goea crazy and wakes her up again.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I like high waisted because, again, butts, and also because I came of age during low rise jeans. The combination of middle school girls who hadn’t learned proper grooming yet and jeans with a two inch fly led to absolute tragedy (for other girls, not me!!!) several times.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I like high waisted because, again, butts, and also because I came of age during low rise jeans. The combination of middle school girls who hadn’t learned proper grooming yet and jeans with a two inch fly led to absolute tragedy (for other girls, not me!!!) several times.

I dunno, there's nothing like an upper butt crack pressed together by some tight low rise jeans

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Stack Machine posted:

The SA word filter has wrecked my brain and I will never be able to see "gently caress" and not think "gently caress".
Well that explains the 2 minutes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Stop wearing pants and just get your rear end ate, imo

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

I dunno, there's nothing like an upper butt crack pressed together by some tight low rise jeans

Go into the trades, you'll see plenty. :pervert:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Skwirl posted:

I dream of a world that's everyone in cargo JNCOs
You are a monster and your hideous agenda must be stopped

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Chris Pratt is a member of an infamously anti-LGBTQ church.

His response when Elliot Page pointed this out?

quote:

Pointing to his split from ex-wife Anna Faris, Pratt said his case is an example of the church opening its doors to “absolutely everyone”

“Despite what the Bible says about divorce my church community was there for me every step of the way, never judging, just gracefully accompanying me on my walk,” Pratt said.
No. Really.

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Nov 5, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wow, so they came together and helped a famous, white male member of their church get his way? They must not be bigoted after all

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

enigmahfc posted:

High-waisted jeans are back because

jeans companies want to make money

Also, they’re already on their way back out.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Smh people here critiquing high waisted jeans like they've never seen Career Opportunities.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remember when they were called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aVxNH6iN9I

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
According to the women in my life high waist jeans are supposed to make your legs look longer. I guess I can kinda see it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Gotta make up for lost time now instead

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I just think they're comfy and I like that I don't have to worry about them slipping. I loving hate how low rise jeans try show your rear end crack if you have to bend over at all. I don't care what's in or out, I'd rather be out of fashion and not have to hike up my jeans every time i stand up.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Skwirl posted:

For whatever reason, this is absolutely never covered in school. Like, I had a decent 5th grade health class in terms of covering the actual mechanics of sex and child birth and I didn't understand this until my 20s.

Like, there's certainly a good number of adult women who don't know this.
Conversely my grade 7 sex ex class explained that there are two holes in the penis, one for urine one for semen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rat Patrol posted:

I just think they're comfy and I like that I don't have to worry about them slipping. I loving hate how low rise jeans try show your rear end crack if you have to bend over at all. I don't care what's in or out, I'd rather be out of fashion and not have to hike up my jeans every time i stand up.

Yeah high waisted jeans are basically “locked” in place over your hips once they’re buttoned up, which makes it much easier to throw kicks and impossible for an attacker to immobilize you by pulling your pants down; roundhouse kicks, front kicks, and side kicks are much easier. If you see somebody wearing high waisted jeans look out because they will be able to throw an axe kick or flying kick way better than anybody in some low-waisted nonsense.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Semen comes from a long, gill-like slit on the underside of the frenulum

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
just loving lmao if you're not wearing low waisted jeans with extremely tight suspenders

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My sex ed teacher had a volleyball net set up and told us it was a condom and the tennis ball he was holding was HIV and threw the ball at the net and it got caught in it and it took him like 4 tries to get it through the net and he told us that's how little condoms work.

That's why I only rawdogged why waste the money on a condom yanno?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah high waisted jeans are basically “locked” in place over your hips once they’re buttoned up, which makes it much easier to throw kicks and impossible for an attacker to immobilize you by pulling your pants down; roundhouse kicks, front kicks, and side kicks are much easier. If you see somebody wearing high waisted jeans look out because they will be able to throw an axe kick or flying kick way better than anybody in some low-waisted nonsense.

Psh, you stick with your full length jeans for mobility, sure

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not sure if it's funnier for a woman or a straight dude to not understand how female genitalia work.

In fairness, neither is likely to be up in there with a speculum and a lamp.

It is easier with a penis because you can see the hole and what comes out of it when you use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Chris Pratt is a member of an infamously anti-LGBTQ church.

His response when Ellen Page pointed this out?

No. Really.

The church seems to pull the “we accept all people, just not all lifestyles” line that tricks people into thinking that they aren’t, because they don’t actually specify what lifestyles they’re against or the actions they take against those people