Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
They’ll probably be premade chars you can select on the network test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Game looks awesome, can't wait to play it.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I can kinda see traces of BotW in how the exploration seems to be more player-driven than driven by the UI or markers, and the presence of bite-sized challenges in the world and sweeping weather effects that alter gameplay and potentially pose a challenge.

Yes I remember reading how Miyazaki loved that aspect of BotW. Being able to climb to a high vantage point and seeing something interesting in the distance, setting a waypoint, and going off to explore it.

So that seems to be the angle they are taking with this game. Not the ubisoft games with towers that dump a bunch of icons onto your map.

If they can nail the level design of these points of interest then this game will be amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A series of encounters where pot boy keeps getting stuck in increasingly perilous situations and you have to continue saving him

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A series of encounters where pot boy keeps getting stuck in increasingly perilous situations and you have to continue saving him

Elden Ring: Toad Pot Treasure Hunters

Imagine I posted the Toad music from Odyssey over this post plz

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And each time you unstuck him, he cracks a little more, until the final encounter where helping him cracks him completely and he dies at your hands, still thanking you for being a faithful friend...

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Baggot posted:

And each time you unstuck him, he cracks a little more, until the final encounter where helping him cracks him completely and he dies at your hands, still thanking you for being a faithful friend...

haha gently caress thats totally how this is going to play out isnt it

maybe they'll be some obtuse and easy to gently caress up way to save him too. and by saving him he meets an even more tragic end of course

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 5, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The characterisation has me excited, I thought maybe someone was inside or underneath the pot, not that the pot was the thing that was stuck.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheMostFrench posted:

The characterisation has me excited, I thought maybe someone was inside or underneath the pot, not that the pot was the thing that was stuck.

He’s just a friendly mimic

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I am going to turn pot boy into a bong

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

haha gently caress thats totally how this is going to play out isnt it

maybe they'll be some obtuse and easy to gently caress up way to save him too. and by saving him he meets an even more tragic end of course

The way to save him will be to leave him stuck somewhere, forever trapped but still alive, instead of free but dead.

Dark Souls 101.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang if that isn't a classic avatar you've got there GTO

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Baggot posted:

So it's Siegmeyer of Catarina but a pot this time.

Anyway, Elden Ring twitter showed us the Network Test starting classes: https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1456652576678678531

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like it’s back to bells for the miracle catalyst

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sekiro had TWO NPCs hanging out in pots waiting for you to come by and help them with something, but they turned out to be not-so-savory characters.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Did invites go out?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

A lot more parrying and lot less dodging than I was expecting. Seems like it's leaning towards Sekiro for defense rather than Bloodborne.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Anyway, Elden Ring twitter showed us the Network Test starting classes: https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1456652576678678531

Welp. There's no way I can't play a class calling itself "Bloody Wolf" for my first playthrough.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I trust fully in from software. I am ready to let the light of elden ring into my soul.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/status/1456346732057534472?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Roman Reigns posted:

A lot more parrying and lot less dodging than I was expecting. Seems like it's leaning towards Sekiro for defense rather than Bloodborne.

Welp. There's no way I can't play a class calling itself "Bloody Wolf" for my first playthrough.

Same, except I really like the look of the prophet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Enchanted Knight no doubt about it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's probably going to be the usual suite of starting classes too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

network test premades≠actual game starting classes. The DS:R test had Black Knight as a premade for example

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Normally I trend more Enchanted Knight but I'm not sure I can resist the Dervish-y aesthetic of Warrior.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I’m surprised at how much this looks like dark souls. Blood borne and Sekiro had their own unique visual style but this just looks like dark souls 4 but open world. Even has estus flask or sunny d or whatever they are gonna call it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If anyone's playing the network test please let us know if fist weapons are available early

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

hatty posted:

Did invites go out?

Friends of mine already got confirmation?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

This game looks too much like dark souls and also it is too different from the souls formula. I know that I will never be satisfied and that this is my lot in life.

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 5, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I was watching saint_riot's twitch stream reaction to the gameplay and he pointed out how loud and annoying the estus chug sound effect is and now I can't unhear it even though it didn't bother me at first

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Overbite posted:

I’m surprised at how much this looks like dark souls. Blood borne and Sekiro had their own unique visual style but this just looks like dark souls 4 but open world. Even has estus flask or sunny d or whatever they are gonna call it.

i'm pretty fine with them being really blatant about it and just giving themselves the chance to jettison from the wrung-out dark souls setting. if they made shittier games it might be a problem, but they don't

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

skasion posted:

network test premades≠actual game starting classes. The DS:R test had Black Knight as a premade for example

well maybe if they did these on pc i'd know that :mad:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Overbite posted:

Mostly though to be fair it's much more colorful than any of the Dark Souls games and a bit more high fantasy looking.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Captain Oblivious posted:

Normally I trend more Enchanted Knight but I'm not sure I can resist the Dervish-y aesthetic of Warrior.

I know that's what I'm about.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

This game looks too much like dark souls and also it is too different from the souls formula. I know that I will never be satisfied and that this is my lot in life.

Speak for yourself. Im going to be satisfied as gently caress

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Based on how the stats are sorted I think it's pretty clear that Mind is MP/FP, since it's below Vigor, Intelligence is sorcery scaling and Arcane is spell slots. Definitely agree with that change from 3, it was kind of silly that taking more FP to get more uses of your weapon arts also implicitly pushed you into picking up spells.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I really wish they had just made BB2 instead of this.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
The open world is prob going to be mostly empty/it'll be a lot of traversal and navigation over petty and distracting """""content"""". This is exactly what I wanted when I heard FromSoft openworld, losers need to play and either love/force themselves to love Morrowind, please understand.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Elden Ring is a last gen (2013) open world stealth collection game with RPG elements

Ghislaine of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ask yourself what a second Bloodborne game would even be about. Everything kinda got wrapped up in the OG.