Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
EGG salad on a toasted bagel sounds like it would be delicious primarily because EGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Has toaster technology reached Wisconsin yet BBC or do people keep filling them with velveeta slices ?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think this thread needs more posts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So here are some additional posts to help the thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:justpost: friends. :justpost:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

So here are some additional posts to help the thread.

thank you!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Take a post, leave a post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zil posted:

Take a post, leave a post.

No take! Only post!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mr. Nice! posted:

No take! Only post!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies posted:

Has toaster technology reached Wisconsin yet BBC or do people keep filling them with velveeta slices ?

we strip extension cords down to the copper and allow them to heat and then dangle bagels near them while tied to the fishing line we'd normally use for walleye while hooting "Oh ya" and "hey dere" like crazed apes and reading farm implement supply catalogs

At night we dream strange dreams of Sheboygan and the unknowable facets of deer season whilst the incorporeal visage of Brett Favre floats above us. It's nice.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Here's a few, starts on page 451. Other animals involved, too

Hey thanks, Muroh The Dog is one good ol' dogge I see! I'll nip back to p451 & foll. to check out the rest.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

we strip extension cords down to the copper and allow them to heat and then dangle bagels near them while tied to the fishing line we'd normally use for walleye while hooting "Oh ya" and "hey dere" like crazed apes and reading farm implement supply catalogs

At night we dream strange dreams of Sheboygan and the unknowable facets of deer season whilst the incorporeal visage of Brett Favre floats above us. It's nice.

truly paradise

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I don't have a toaster, I'm too rugged. I hold the bagel directly over the wood stove fire
no gloves or anything, hurts like hell but I've grown accustomed to the flavor so I can't go back now

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I'm on a call right now and we have been working a project for over two years and are supposed to deploy this month and one group that is constantly dropping the ball is saying they need to go back to discovery for a third of their stuff

lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I'm on a call right now and we have been working a project for over two years and are supposed to deploy this month and one group that is constantly dropping the ball is saying they need to go back to discovery for a third of their stuff

lol

That is sad.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol

"Look just because MOST of it doesn't work doesn't mean it CAN'T work. This is fine."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*qa team begins putting on WWI era fighter pilot jackets and goggles in preparation for what is about to happen now*

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

"Look just because MOST of it doesn't work doesn't mean it CAN'T work. This is fine."

HOLY loving poo poo! One of the gently caress-up guys just said that! Paraphrased of course, but holy poo poo

The two project managers are tearing into them right now, figuratively

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I never thought I would have an honest to god i'ts-the-friends-we-made-along-the-way moment at work, but here we are

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funny story about my time in QA;

I'd started as a seasonal intern for a company doing phone support and was liked enough to be kept on full time.
Eventually a person I started with (who became my best friend and eventually best man at my wedding) both became trainers for incoming classes of those same seasonal interns. Because we knew the products and were good at our stuff.
This progressed into me getting promoted into QA over him when we both interviewed for it simultaneously.
He was heartbroken but left to become a successful dev elsewhere and was great at it.
Meanwhile I was still in QA.

At the same time, this smallish company that had a 'no nepotism' policy, let the COO's wife become the boss over both QA and support and the training thereof. She reported directly to him as her direct boss.
During a timeframe of about, eh, 2-3 years I guess, managed to fire every single male employee that worked under her and only had a staff of women aged 30+ in both departments.

Stunningly I was let go near the tail end of this process, being an early 30s male. In fact I believe I was the last male employed in either of the departments she managed, thinking of it.

Still being friends with my former co-worker and doing league night golfing with both him and people that still worked at said company I found out one day that the board decided they had enough of her poo poo and canned her. With cause.
Upon hearing this, her husband who was also her direct boss marched into whomever's office and fired down his 'I quit' response.

Realizing that now both of them had just lost their jobs in a terribly stupid manner, the husband went crawling back the next day and pleaded for his job back on the condition his wife could no longer work there. Nope.

Womp womp.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

the board decided they had enough of her poo poo and canned her. With cause.

what did she do to precipitate this? I assume if she was performing that the board would look away....

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what did she do to precipitate this? I assume if she was performing that the board would look away....

That part I am unclear on, to be frank. It happened well over a year after I'd been let go and so I only heard third hand. Only that she was marched into HR and booted after a board decision, this from the dudes we golfed and drank beer with that worked as managers in other depts.
I don't think they were overly clear themselves on the specifics only that "lol she got poo poo canned" and "he came back the next day to ask for his job back"

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 5, 2021

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

uh-oh, they are getting everyone off this call and firing up another one the teams are not invited to except for the gently caress-ups
"discussion with executive stakeholders" was mentioned

dun dun duuuuuuuun

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

uh-oh, they are getting everyone off this call and firing up another one the teams are not invited to except for the gently caress-ups
"discussion with executive stakeholders" was mentioned

dun dun duuuuuuuun

shots fired, shots fired

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds like something is about to be fired, yeah

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

sweet, some of my day has opened up - I can get to some stuff I've had on hold for a while

maybe even slack off a little.....

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I’m reading this thread I realized that I haven’t owned a toaster in years, because I don’t really eat bread or bagels or frozen waffles or whatever.

Not sure what I would drop in the tub if I wanted to electrocute myself.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Me either but I got one of those fancy toaster ovens

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Me either but I got one of those fancy toaster ovens

You mean that George Foreman grill you put in the microwave? You need to stop using that before you burn down your neighborhood.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I wouldn't want to live in a world without a toaster and a rice cooker

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I’m reading this thread I realized that I haven’t owned a toaster in years, because I don’t really eat bread or bagels or frozen waffles or whatever.

Not sure what I would drop in the tub if I wanted to electrocute myself.

Radio, space heater, curling iron, hair dryer, small fan, a lamp, dehumidifier, you know really just whatever your imagination lands on.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I've always had a dream of having a room with both a humidifier and a dehumidifier. I would make them battle for my pleasure. YES YES!!! FIGHT LILE THE ANIMALS YOU ARE!!! FIIIIIGHT!!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waterbed Wendy posted:

You mean that George Foreman grill you put in the microwave? You need to stop using that before you burn down your neighborhood.

I will NEVER stop using my George Foreman grill in the microwave. If you know a better way to prepare DiGiornos Pizza for One I’d like to hear about it :colbert:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I will NEVER stop using my George Foreman grill in the microwave. If you know a better way to prepare DiGiornos Pizza for One I’d like to hear about it :colbert:

wtf that's why I have a hairdryer

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Mr. Brightside is still a jam

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Revins posted:

Mr. Brightside is still a jam

Somebody Told Me is better but yes Mr. Brightside still slaps

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You guys are doing a bit right??

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Kleep slidgich jarnknith yornwedth.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
What other things haven’t made it to the Midwest? I wouldn’t trust those people with microwaves at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Derpies posted:

What other things haven’t made it to the Midwest? I wouldn’t trust those people with microwaves at all.

bidets, surely

Probably select-a-size paper towels either, they're stuck with one size sheets like barbarians