Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

The problem with Todoroki's quirk being so crazy, is that whenever he faces someone who pushes him to his limit, it's hard to believe anyone can survive his strongest attacks.

I feel the same way about Overhaul somehow not being dead after Deku 100% Smashed him in the face. Dudes jaw should be mush, especially when All for One is right there showing what Deku should be doing to people when he goes all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Nephthys posted:

I feel the same way about Overhaul somehow not being dead after Deku 100% Smashed him in the face. Dudes jaw should be mush, especially when All for One is right there showing what Deku should be doing to people when he goes all out.

Overhaul was rebuilding his body as fast as Izuku was destroying it. The fight was more who would last longer, Overhaul’s Overhaul and meat supply or Izuku’s backpack Eri and his heroic spirit and pain tolerance as he rips himself to shreds.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And how come Superman never destroyed Metropolis while turning in his sleep?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

And how come Superman never destroyed Metropolis while turning in his sleep?

He did. He just flew around the world super fast to turn back time afterwards.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

Leading a corpse away, he's dead, he got frozen from the inside out

But corpses don't walk.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 5, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

But copses don't walk.

Someone hasn't spent enough time watching the cinematic masterpieces that form the Weekend at Bernies franchise.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

But copses don't walk.

E: well something a little more on-topic, but only just so

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 5, 2021

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/226/my-hero-academia-chapter-332

whelp

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Was the "because you're a woman" thing really necessary? Even if the story tries to immediately refute it? Jesus.

also, sure hope her last action is to say "New Order: my quirk can never be stolen from me" or poo poo's gonna get hosed real fast

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
:sigh: Goodbye Star and Stripe, you existed just to job.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh boy, another chapter of "Haha, I regenerate from all the damage you did to me."

Also, in Japanese, SnS says lovely GAME in English. I guess that won't be in the translation. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 5, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sigh: there is some cool art in this chapter at least...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm guessing that Star will make one last rule that renders her Quirk ineffective to keep it out of Shiggy's hands

But then Shiggy makes a rule that restores it because he's just the coolest guy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, the power creep in this series is just insane. I don't ever think I've seen a villain get this level of power creep before.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Vigilantes save me from this dreck.

Let me have fun with the goober townies.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Oh boy, another chapter of "Haha, I regenerate from all the damage you did to me."

So is Shiggy For One Cell or Buu at this point?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So is Shiggy For One Cell or Buu at this point?

Probably more of the former. Either way, I hate it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Well at least Vigilantes is still good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Probably more of the former. Either way, I hate it.

Definitely the latter because he's got no fun personality.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Definitely the latter because he's got no fun personality.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

God, the power creep in this series is just insane. I don't ever think I've seen a villain get this level of power creep before.

Madara Uchiha still outpaces him I’m pretty sure

Also this has all been so pointless lol

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also this has all been so pointless lol

Not really? It makes sure that everyone reading knows why Deku won't be able to beat him by punching him.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm still enjoying the main series but apparently everyone hates it now? :sigh:

NEW MODEL HYPERSONIC INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC PUNCH is a hell of an attack name, that's for sure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why did she rotate the missiles, anyway?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Why did she rotate the missiles, anyway?

They were flying horizontally and they needed to go vertical to hit Shiggy, and missiles aren't known for being able to turn on a dime

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

lunar detritus posted:

Not really? It makes sure that everyone reading knows why Deku won't be able to beat him by punching him.

I thought that was pretty goddamn obvious when it took basically the entire cast to take down his incomplete form.

But I guess pitting Shiggy up against a completely new character out of the blue, with a quirk that after several pages of explanation, still makes no sense, shows it off better?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not sure this counts as power creep, since there is absolutely no way that anyone in the series can beat him like this, and that is presumably the point.

Unless Deku gets a powerup that puts him on an even keel with Shiggy, in which case we can toss this poo poo in the garbage.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lunar detritus posted:

yeah its why he'll rip shiggys head off instead

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Calling it now, this all leads to some emotional climax in the final fight where Shigaraki declares a New Rule: I am Tenko Shimura

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Leave it to America to get owned overseas and make everything worse.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

They were flying horizontally and they needed to go vertical to hit Shiggy, and missiles aren't known for being able to turn on a dime

That's fair.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in Hagrid voice* yer a girl cassie

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I'm still enjoying the main series but apparently everyone hates it now? :sigh:

NEW MODEL HYPERSONIC INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC PUNCH is a hell of an attack name, that's for sure.

I mean, I still like the series, but I just really hate introducing a new, super important character with an absurdly powerful quirk just so she can instantly die and hand that quirk over to the villain that is already absurdly powerful.

Like, maybe next week will have some last second twist where she lives, but I doubt it. I'd be more okay with this if Star and Stripe had been introduced much earlier.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I do like Shigaraki growing increasingly annoyed by this bullshit power

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 5, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

But corpses don't walk.

There's gotta be someone with a zombie quirk :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I mean, I still like the series, but I just really hate introducing a new, super important character with an absurdly powerful quirk just so she can instantly die and hand that quirk over to the villain that is already absurdly powerful.

Like, maybe next week will have some last second twist where she lives, but I doubt it. I'd be more okay with this if Star and Stripe had been introduced much earlier.

Okay, that's fair.

I mean, I'm still convinced this is an excuse for Horikoshi to draw another muscle lady. "Oh, yeah, her power is super cool and lets her do things like create a giant naked copy of herself literally out of thin air!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flesnolk posted:

I do like Shigaraki growing increasingly annoyed ny this bullshit power

Shigaraki: Stars and Stripes your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I keep trying to think of what the point of all of this is and I'm coming up entirely blank. The only guess I can even venture is that we're going to see some sort of continuation of the flashback/revelation about how Star's quirk actually works, and she sets some sort of final trap for Shigaraki, setting the stage for 1-A to actually have a fair fight with this bullshit. We still don't know why she has limitations on the rules and the flashback seemed to hint that maybe there was something deeper to it before veering off into unnecessary misogyny.

Maybe she prevents him from stealing quirks in the future, maybe she does something to super regeneration. Either way, I sincerely doubt Shigaraki winds up with her quirk because it's just far too goofy and impossible to write around. The track record for powers like hers in this manga kind of dictates that it goes away after it's featured. Overhaul and Nighteye come to mind, Aizawa too with how often he gets straight up removed from fights or permanently nerfed by injuries.

None of this has endeared me to anyone being featured, and it's actually made me dislike Shigaraki. His power set is busted, and even with all of that he winds up using it in a really boring way. Being a punching bag for big flashy attacks that wind up doing nothing because he can just instantly regenerate is peak lame bullshit. He's got an untold number of powers at his disposal and the best he's come up with is getting blasted a bunch and digging a hole. And the whole thing has made Star look dumb as hell because if she had just avoided the fight here and waited for actual support to confront mr. punching bag then this whole situation is avoided and the heroes win pretty handily.

The art is cool, the rest of it has been probably the worst stretch of the entire series, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

what's that you say? horikoshi introduced a new female character whose role is to deliver plot, lose fights, and make him horny? drat. and after his long record of fully-realized women.