Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

choad abode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

en Quebec on a jaque shaques

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jerking off in the jungle

matti
Mar 31, 2019

move to germany jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont have a college degree or a million dollar bribe, first world nations are right out

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

runkbunker :sweden:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont have a college degree or a million dollar bribe, first world nations are right out
My ex-wife's ex-wife just went there and overstayed her visa 🤷🏻‍♀️

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
pretty common

americans can also stay in canada for six months of every twelve with no paperwork necessary

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if I can ever afford it one of my retirement dreams is a little apartment in the alps that I can live in the summer and rent to ski people in the winter, germany and switzerland are probably too expensive but austria or italy might be possible

also: spurt yurt

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jonny 290 posted:

you are literally the person in that rightmost column, are you not

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's kind of weird to think that it's vastly more achievable for me to have 3 different apartments spread out around the world and rotate between them than to own a single place here in sf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
idk what "B1" level is but german is a pretty easy language to learn to speak, relatively speaking.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow those are pretty laid back reqs. yeah for sure (and id be down for learning some german anyways)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

pretty common

americans can also stay in canada for six months of every twelve with no paperwork necessary
Yeah, an actual ex of mine and not an ex of my ex has been running a yoga studio in tepeztlan for like 7 years now and until she got her green card she'd just go chill in St John's for like the 6 weeks necessary to get the visa again

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

it's kind of weird to think that it's vastly more achievable for me to have 3 different apartments spread out around the world and rotate between them than to own a single place here in sf

get two friends and round-robin it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

La petite mort maison

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rub out retreat

touchin teepee

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

mediaphage posted:

pretty common

does that allow work or is it just a visitor/tourist visa

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

does that allow work or is it just a visitor/tourist visa

just visiting. Honestly no one cares how long you're there as long as you're not working.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sweevo posted:

swelling dwelling

i was going to post smelling dwelling but yours is better

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

wow those are pretty laid back reqs. yeah for sure (and id be down for learning some german anyways)

germany seems like it’d be an alright place to live

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson posted:

germany seems like it’d be an alright place to live

i've known two people who were expats in Germany and neither of them ever shuts up about how much they liked it

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I've worked with two Germans to immigrated to Canada/USA and they're kinda the same in reverse. Pretty frequently talking about all the ways Germany does various things better than we do.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
now that covid killed the touring b and c level dj there should be some flats opening up in kreuzberg (the american expat neighborhood)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
bread is brot, beer is bier, what more do you need to know

matti
Mar 31, 2019

good tips, das handy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the big thing is that i know she cant take it so im going to be living in the states as long as grandma nargle cat graces me with her existence so i'm just chillin for now b/c i have a wonderful 14 y/o cat and dont want to change anything rn

matti
Mar 31, 2019

if you are making excuses for not leaving your comfort zone, i do not know if you are, i hope you realize it

mystes
May 31, 2006

matti posted:

if you are making excuses for not leaving your comfort zone, i do not know if you are, i hope you realize it
Maybe he's saying that he doesn't want to abandon his cat to take a vacation to Canada

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I don't think I would want to make a big move with a senior pet. It was hard enough for us just moving them 20 minutes away. Pets get really stressed out by big changes in environments, unless you have one of those mega chill ones that don't give a poo poo about anything.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mystes posted:

Maybe he's saying that he doesn't want to abandon his cat to take a vacation to Canada

its this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we moved with the original poodle jones in 2015 and 2016 and 2019 and now he's dead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do dogs go to the eternal night club in the sky

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

no, all dogs go to heaven

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Achmed Jones posted:

excuse me my preacher explicitly informed me to the exact opposite when i was 8

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

:wrong:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

rotor posted:

i've known two people who were expats in Germany and neither of them ever shuts up about how much they liked it

this is me. i lived in berlin for a year and it was the best thing ive ever done in my life

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

although as germans love to say "berlin ist kein deutschland"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

even cop dogs go to heaven. they get through on the "i thought i was being good and im just a dog so i cant be expected to know better" loophole. there is a rehabilitation program. due to the fact that the only dogs that aren't goodboys are those that are goodgirls, i am pleased to report a 100% success rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

even cop dogs go to heaven. they get through on the "i thought i was being good and im just a dog so i cant be expected to know better" loophole. there is a rehabilitation program. due to the fact that the only dogs that aren't goodboys are those that are goodgirls, i am pleased to report a 100% success rate
Nope. Right to the bad place.