Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That beautiful moment when Bryan half-believed Granny of all people might have somehow tracked down a recording of Gotch vs. Hackenschmidt :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Jerusalem posted:

That beautiful moment when Bryan half-believed Granny of all people might have somehow tracked down a recording of Gotch vs. Hackenschmidt :allears:
It wasn't that long ago someone found the Tom Magee vs Brett Hart match

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Better pump a few of these out while I still have the werewithal!

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 29th 1999

We're back to Nitro being the worst show ever this week, and there's some pretty good ranting on this episode. Didn't do much in the way of creative editing for this one, but I wanted to get it out there. Definitely some funny stuff in this one, with weird WCW type shenanigans. For some reason this Nitro felt long... I mean, it's three hours every week, but even moreso than usual. Check it out!

FEATURING: Babyface Sid, body shaming, a "Yes, Sir!" t-shirt, Midnight's dong, pissing off New Japan, romance, Mike Tenay taking a guitar shot, a haircut, a very PG rated strip club, New Japan getting massively pissed off, a stoner hippie, constant Chavo Guerrero, WCW throwing their OWN belt in the trash, a food fight, a singer doing a bad match, cage doors that refuse to stay shut, high production entrances, David Flair being even crazier than usual, clever schemes, mud matches, spaghetti, The Block, inexplicably bad booking, and so much more!

Smooth video on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x85apeh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Which, if anybody DOES stumble on one.... Prank of a lifetime right there.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

El Generico posted:

Better pump a few of these out while I still have the werewithal!

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 29th 1999

We're back to Nitro being the worst show ever this week, and there's some pretty good ranting on this episode. Didn't do much in the way of creative editing for this one, but I wanted to get it out there. Definitely some funny stuff in this one, with weird WCW type shenanigans. For some reason this Nitro felt long... I mean, it's three hours every week, but even moreso than usual. Check it out!

FEATURING: Babyface Sid, body shaming, a "Yes, Sir!" t-shirt, Midnight's dong, pissing off New Japan, romance, Mike Tenay taking a guitar shot, a haircut, a very PG rated strip club, New Japan getting massively pissed off, a stoner hippie, constant Chavo Guerrero, WCW throwing their OWN belt in the trash, a food fight, a singer doing a bad match, cage doors that refuse to stay shut, high production entrances, David Flair being even crazier than usual, clever schemes, mud matches, spaghetti, The Block, inexplicably bad booking, and so much more!

Smooth video on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x85apeh

Yus!! Thanks for making these

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The 2x4 segment :stare:

"It looked like the line on Charlie Brown's shirt!"
"It was a work sodomy."

Thanks El Generico, these are amazing as always.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bryan and Lance replaced Vinny today and boy Lance seems to not know whats going on at any point and has some real weird views on AEW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lance has mush brain

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Of everything, the weird derail about split-screen vs. picture-in-picture confused me the most. Maybe it makes more sense if you're not just listening to the audio?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

Bryan and Lance replaced Vinny today and boy Lance seems to not know whats going on at any point and has some real weird views on AEW.

Said it earlier, but Lance's AEW fantasy booking is Wrestlehut-level bad, it's weird.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mox and Jericho talking about writing books on Talk is Jericho is among the more "Dude Rocks" things possible. Just the most lovable oaf approach to writing you can imagine.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinny (and Craig) is my favorite grouping of the various F4W crew. They've got great rapport, and good opinions--I feel like Vinny was the only one who solidly agreed with Bryan that the AEW Halloween match fuckin' ruled (because it did).

Everyone else kind of varies--Lance in particular I find just has an overall philosophy of wrestling I don't really agree with. That long talk he did about how it's weird that people congratulated Big E on getting the belt because it's not real and just a performance is just... I get that he's from a different era and all, but geez. I think things work better when the wrestlers buy into it at least a little, instead of just... calculatedly working the marks.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 5, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's right about the stupid belt congratulations, but big e's weren't half as bad as kevin owens getting congratulated for winning a brand new meaningless belt by having hhh cheat for him and hand it over to him

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Well Lance is used to working for companies where nobody has friends except heels, so to him it makes no sense that wrestlers are nice to each other in or out of kayfabe

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Scott Norton was really cool on Talk is Jericho. The North Korea stuff is kind of a repeat but overall it's just a fun interview with lots of happy memories of Japan, funny stories about Prince (and not being able to tell stories about Prince due to lengthy NDAs) meeting young Jericho and arm wrestling. Also cool to hear a guy like Norton be really into guys like Omega.

What did Scott Norton have to do with Prince?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dawgstar posted:

What did Scott Norton have to do with Prince?

He was his bodyguard at one time.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If Scott Norton had been the Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea's bodyguard, WCW would still be around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PaybackJack posted:

He was his bodyguard at one time.

Oh, wow. I bet he absolutely did absolutely see some wild things. "Mr. Norton, you are very strong. Can you bodily lift a llama and bring it to me?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have seen the Bubba news come up in many places but this is the funniest combination of ways to see it pop up.

https://twitter.com/WWNLennyLeonard/status/1456764160998522880

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bubble The Love Sponge

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

do you think Prince ever arm wrestled Scott Norton?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

do you think Prince ever arm wrestled Scott Norton?

No but Scott got the job because he beat Prince's bodyguard in an arm wrestling match.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lid posted:

Some of their arguments today had me wishing Dave was there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

No but Scott got the job because he beat Prince's bodyguard in an arm wrestling match.

Given in Jericho's first book he talks about how Norton taught him a trick to always win an arm wrestling it's amazing to think he cheated his way even accidentally to being Prince's bodyguard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Given in Jericho's first book he talks about how Norton taught him a trick to always win an arm wrestling it's amazing to think he cheated his way even accidentally to being Prince's bodyguard.

I assume the trick was "have loving gigantic arms holy poo poo look at the size of those things :stare:"?

Edit: Also it's wonderfully, beautifully Lance Storm that apparently years ago a fan emailed him to ask a question about an ECW show and Lance took the time to respond to say,"I don't know." :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I still can't believe Norton didn't crush the head of the 18 year old Jericho who spent hours annoying him to learn to arm wrestle.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I assume the trick was "have loving gigantic arms holy poo poo look at the size of those things :stare:"?

Edit: Also it's wonderfully, beautifully Lance Storm that apparently years ago a fan emailed him to ask a question about an ECW show and Lance took the time to respond to say,"I don't know." :allears:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1455725826062761984?s=20

Lance is so astoundingly matter of fact.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's incredible :lol:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Lance rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's also super sweet that it meant enough to Steen for him to want to pay it forward though.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If Lance and Dave did shows regularly together, they’d zoom through everything until they hit a point of disagreement and then they’d argue until the heat death of the universe.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

No, it's some kind of actual arm wrestling trick. Buddy Wayne used to talk about it learning it from Norton on Figure Four Daily.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
My assumption would be he explained how much of arm wrestling is in the wrist, and a good way to get your opponent’s wrest bent backwards.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

davidbix posted:

No, it's some kind of actual arm wrestling trick. Buddy Wayne used to talk about it learning it from Norton on Figure Four Daily.

He’s talked about it many times. It’s no more a ‘trick’ than learning that if you use correct form, you can get better at lifting weights. It’s just explaining how best to leverage your elbow so that it’s a shoulder and back movement as opposed to a bicep one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lance’s pedantry over Picture in Picture is so ridiculous

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Does he say that it's basically a commercial break? Because I know plenty of people who treat them as such and don't watch at all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No he says that because the little box isn’t inside the bigger box it’s akshually split screen and not Picture in Picture

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No he says that because the little box isn’t inside the bigger box it’s akshually split screen and not Picture in Picture
good lord who could possibly care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

good lord who could possibly care

Lance