Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
BOTW and Death Stranding are the only open world games that I love and this is giving me good vibes too. Can’t wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ask yourself what a second Dark Souls game would even be about. Everything kinda got wrapped up in the OG.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So you’re saying Bloodborne 2 will be worse? Good thing it’s never happening then

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
dark souls is great. bloodborne is great. sekiro is great. can't wait to play the bound-to-be-great elden ring.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hatty posted:

So you’re saying Bloodborne 2 will be the best bloodborne?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edgar_ posted:

dark souls is great. bloodborne is great. sekiro is great. can't wait to play the bound-to-be-great elden ring.

:yeah:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Bloodborne does not need a sequel. It is perfect and complete.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Bloodborne needed Byrgenwerth to be bigger and better, thats it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It just needs to run above 28fps

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty fine with them being really blatant about it and just giving themselves the chance to jettison from the wrung-out dark souls setting. if they made shittier games it might be a problem, but they don't

If they kept making Dark Soulses but in a new setting each time I'd be a happy chappy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So do you think we're going to find out why it's called Elden Ring?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Bloodborne was also initiated by and co-developed with Japan Studio and they're gone now. I don't think FROM will ever be revisiting it themselves.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gologle posted:

i mean hello.jpg is about 20 years old at this point he's gotta be getting up there in years

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Gologle posted:

George R.R. Martin is involved in the project and he's old and fat
J. R. R. Tolkien wrote a book about a ring

I guess?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Gologle posted:

Eld is old english for old. It's an old ring

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Concurred posted:

George R.R. Martin is involved in the project and he's old and fat
J. R. R. Tolkien wrote a book about a ring

I guess?

i do think there was an article a year or so back where george r r martin was asked about his contribution to the project and it summed up as something like "yeah they asked me for a 10 page story design document 7 years ago and i sent it over and they sent me a check and i never heard from them again" so hopefully there's not going to be too much of his fingerprints on it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
9 of those 10 pages were descriptions and lore for the sweet rolls

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Volte posted:

Bloodborne was also initiated by and co-developed with Japan Studio and they're gone now. I don't think FROM will ever be revisiting it themselves.

Not like From Software to revisit a game made with another company that they don’t fully own the IP to, say under a slightly changed name for legal reasons.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that doesn't sound right, that only leaves one page for describing the tarnished's relentless diarrhea

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

that doesn't sound right, that only leaves one page for describing the tarnished's relentless diarrhea

dark soul: the darksign relentlessly oozes sticky black humanity
elden ring: the elden ring relentlessly oozes brown water, each stool looser than the one before, and fouler

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Hopefully the success of Elden Ring will get them to make an open world armored core.

(I'm super hyped for Elden Ring and being friends with the Pot people)

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Miyazaki said he used GRRM's work as a dungeon master would use a campaign setting guide so I imagine there's nothing specifically from GRRM's writing in the narrative.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/cazlone/status/1456644286477479937

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If you're a slut for steelbook cases like I am, if you pre-order from Best Buy you get a steelbook case for free. This is for the US. I don't know if it's available anywhere else.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jimbot posted:

If you're a slut for steelbook cases like I am, if you pre-order from Best Buy you get a steelbook case for free. This is for the US. I don't know if it's available anywhere else.

I love the idea that steelbook cases will actually have some value one day. At the moment they just take up space since most Switch games come with a regular case and a steelbook case.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Jimbot posted:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the h*cks a steelbook case

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Alright Miyazaki found this thread and the lack of faith in him and his team hurt his feelings so they removed the pot guy and replaced him with fifteen Micolashes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are they in the empty pot? or are they like the Koroks and you find a Micolash under a rock and he gives you sticky white stuff or poop?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

Alright Miyazaki found this thread and the lack of faith in him and his team hurt his feelings so they removed the pot guy and replaced him with fifteen Micolashes

Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!
Oh majestic!

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Grant us arms, grant us ARMS!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

aaahhhhHhHHhhhhhhh, eld, or some say elden...do you hear our prayers?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

giZm posted:

Grant us arms, grant us ARMS!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
All the werewolves in the trailers and the "wolf warrior" class in the network test is making me cross my fingers that there is a secret way to become a werewolf just like how Bloodborne had a secret way to become a beast (and kin).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

% chance that the guy made out of a pot will just be universally referred to as the kool aid man?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

What do you choose? Befriend? Or smashity-smash to get the goods?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Melt the wax seal to access the gooey center

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This is Zullie the Witch from youtube who generally does 2 - 3 min videos on fromsoft games about stuff a hacker can only find out.

It is the gameplay video with some interesting points added along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EF2VSyZK3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

All the werewolves in the trailers and the "wolf warrior" class in the network test is making me cross my fingers that there is a secret way to become a werewolf just like how Bloodborne had a secret way to become a beast (and kin).

Nah the wolf warrior class just has a special ability to harass anyone who says "Taiwan" online

I was confused about mind/int/faith/arcane because I didn't play Bloodborne, but it does make me wonder if they'll be doing item magic too now that I know what it was. No matter what, it seems like there's gonna be LOTS of abilities here.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 6, 2021