Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

Hello friends, Call of Duty Vanguard is out now and I have a team at Lab42 that worked very, very hard on the campaign so I hope the small handful of people that still buy those games here and play the campaigns enjoy it!

I didnt realize this was suppose to be out now! I have my complaints about activision, but I hope your work is recognized and received positively. The campaigns are always very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
The rear end Scent

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

ixnay posted:

If you have game pass you can get the $45 premium bundle and it gives you the DLC expansions and car pass plus the early access without having to buy the whole game.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9MZ0SR207MG8/0017

Nice I ended up buying it because I haven’t spent any money on a Horizon game since the first one. Happy to support the developers a bit more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Psychonauts 2 is brilliant. Just got inside the hippie world, it looks so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ElderScrolls/status/1456633312219381767

quote:

What is the Skyrim Anniversary Edition?

The Skyrim Anniversary Edition bundles together Skyrim Special Edition with every piece of Creation Club content released at the time of the Anniversary Edition’s launch, including additional quests, armor and gameplay modes. Get a first look at some of the content included in our article here.

Players who already own Skyrim Special Edition may choose to purchase just the Anniversary Upgrade, which includes all the Creation Club creation content mentioned above in one convenient, high-value bundle.

What is the price of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition and the Anniversary Upgrade?

The MSRP for the Skyrim Anniversary Edition on digital storefronts will be USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399 at launch.

If you already own Skyrim Special Edition, the MSRP for the Anniversary Upgrade on digital storefronts will be USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429 at launch.

Prices and availability may differ by region or platform. Check your local retailer for your local price.

Will there be a physical version of the Anniversary Edition?

Yes, there will be physical copies of the Anniversary Edition available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems. Please note that while the physical edition contains a game disc, internet access is required to redeem and download the Creation Club content included in the Anniversary Edition.

Prices and availability for physical copies may vary, check your local retailer for details.

Is Skyrim getting a next-gen upgrade?

Yes! Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more.

Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.

Wonder how it works if you buy the upgrade on a GamePass copy of the game , I presume you'll lose the license when you stop subbing?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://twitter.com/ElderScrolls/status/1456633312219381767

Wonder how it works if you buy the upgrade on a GamePass copy of the game , I presume you'll lose the license when you stop subbing?
I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't available - the backend knows if you've bought it or just have it with GP.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Akuma posted:

I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't available - the backend knows if you've bought it or just have it with GP.

You can buy DLC for games on gamepass though and Skyrim will never leave GP so I'm thinking it'll will be like that? I guess this is not classed as DLC so maybe not.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok but they should actually say what these nebulous upgrades are. putting out a new version on two console generations and have done nothing to say how it's different except the dlc that already existed is bundled in

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's probably throwing in a 4k texture pack and being able to keep bringing in money for a decade old game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They should give it to me for free

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I don't know how much extra content this stuff is but I feel like both of those prices are too high for a game that's a decade old and available just about anywhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I haven't touched Skyrim in about 8 years and only played the 1st dlc and never any of the mods. With all the added stuff I'm pretty excited about buying it again! I think it's a good deal for people who haven't been playing it all the time for the last 10 years.

Plus with game pass if it's only going to be 20 bucks...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SpiderLink posted:

I don't know how much extra content this stuff is but I feel like both of those prices are too high for a game that's a decade old and available just about anywhere.
SO DONT loving BUY IT, DONT loving UPGRADE IT, DONT loving PLAY MY GAME.

I mean Christ, all I did was make this rerelease to support next gen hardware which actually pleasantly surprised me, and folks are voting this store page "crap" and suggesting I'm scamming them. I've said repeatedly that this was just an anniversary edition and in no way new content. I've said the items were user created from Creation Club, so I'm not trying to hide anything. I've-

ahh gently caress it, I'm closing this store page, gently caress you and gently caress the Xbox thread, I can never post a single goddamn Skyrim edition in here without you assholes making Games threads it up in some way or another. I should've learned my lesson long ago and never left the intelligent, rational publisher where I don't have to deal with clueless idiots and morons like you people. I'm going back to Zenimax and staying there, since it has a microscopic fraction of the idiots and trolls populating Microsoft.

I guess that should strike me as being ironic, but it's more sad to me than anything. Thanks for running me out of my own goddamn game.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

I mean Christ, all I did was make this rerelease to support next gen hardware which actually pleasantly surprised me, and folks are voting this store page "crap" and suggesting I'm scamming them. I've said repeatedly that this was just an anniversary edition and in no way new content. I've said the items were user created from Creation Club, so I'm not trying to hide anything. I've-

ahh gently caress it, I'm closing this store page, gently caress you and gently caress the Xbox thread, I can never post a single goddamn Skyrim edition in here without you assholes making Games threads it up in some way or another. I should've learned my lesson long ago and never left the intelligent, rational publisher where I don't have to deal with clueless idiots and morons like you people. I'm going back to Zenimax and staying there, since it has a microscopic fraction of the idiots and trolls populating Microsoft.

I guess that should strike me as being ironic, but it's more sad to me than anything. Thanks for running me out of my own goddamn game.

I don't really understand your post so if I really did upset you, I'm genuinely sorry.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

SpiderLink posted:

I don't really understand your post so if I really did upset you, I'm genuinely sorry.
I think it's in character as Todd Howard

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ruffian Price posted:

And another excitable fella.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

lmao

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

Oh man, right over my head. Thanks for explanation lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what was that rant originally about again

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Augus posted:

what was that rant originally about again

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2003

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Incredible

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol thank you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I thought that was the dev of the war crimes game thinking people were talking about this year's COD.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it not gonna be on gamepass why is this even being discussed

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

American McGay posted:

Beautiful.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just popping in to say that Forza Horizon 5 is officially the best Forza now because my car horn is e1m1, blessed Bethesda acquisition.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Just popping in to say that Forza Horizon 5 is officially the best Forza now because my car horn is e1m1, blessed Bethesda acquisition.

I have the worst rendition ever of the Halo theme and it's glorious.

Also the game is incredible as usual.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I have the worst rendition ever of the Halo theme and it's glorious.

Also the game is incredible as usual.

I guess my only real disappointment is that graphically speaking, it doesn't really do anything for me beyond what the One games were already able to achieve, but I suppose part of that is that I was already playing the PC version with max graphics settings. I was just hoping the Series X version would have some really jaw dropping stuff, but how would anyone even know (because what sort of animal would play at 30 fps)?

It's all kind of moot because the setting is 1000x better than soggy uk and there's so much diversity in biome and I'm blowing past everything at 200 mph anyway, and game is incredibly fun. I'll be playing this for years.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Wow I'm surprised. I've not played 5 yet but watched a bunch of streams and even in those it's a step up from what I see in 4 on my Series X. There's a level of fine detail to textures and ground detail that wasn't there before, the lighting and haze and all that looks way better, the cars looks crisper - I know they're not raytracing in gameplay but the reflections look better, and the detail in the distance is way way better.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Red Warrior posted:

Wow I'm surprised. I've not played 5 yet but watched a bunch of streams and even in those it's a step up from what I see in 4 on my Series X. There's a level of fine detail to textures and ground detail that wasn't there before, the lighting and haze and all that looks way better, the cars looks crisper - I know they're not raytracing in gameplay but the reflections look better, and the detail in the distance is way way better.

You're probably right, I think part of it is just that these were already phenomenal looking games so it just doesn't stand out as much of an improvement or whatever. The change in scenery alone is significant though, imo.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I switched from performance to quality for a little bit last night. It looks absolutely incredible on quality, like maybe the best looking thing I've seen beyond max setting Flight Simulator on PC. But I cannot imagine playing any Horizon game on 30fps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

lmao instant classic.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I switched from performance to quality for a little bit last night. It looks absolutely incredible on quality, like maybe the best looking thing I've seen beyond max setting Flight Simulator on PC. But I cannot imagine playing any Horizon game on 30fps.

Didn't play FH1, huh? :imunfunny:

I do think now that I've played a little more, I am really impressed and pleased by how much road racing stuff there is and how good the tracks and sprints have been. Physics feels better for on track stuff than I've ever noticed in a Horizon game as well. drat this game is good.

No new Chvrches track though 9.5/10

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think fh5 does pop with graphical fidelity a bit more than fh4 right away but its not dramatically next-gen like ratchet and clank or anything. if you play on performance mode and drive past everything at 60mph then its pretty hard to see or appreciate the upgrade

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

not dramatically next-gen like ratchet and clank or anything
:raise:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

In skyrim in the last 9-ish years have they fixed the deal with the vampires showing up and slaughtering all the shopkeepers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

never had that issue once