Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Naw.

Rodgers is coming at this from the angle of a California hippie dippie who believes in the healing powers of crystals and alternative medicine.

I doubt he has a basement full of assault rifles and is itching for "the revolution."

He's from Chico, a basement full of assault rifles and itching for the revolution are well within the range of outcomes. His granola ladyfriend influenced everything else.

California has conservative rural people, just like everywhere else.

Edit: this took place like 60 miles from his hometown

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TrixR4kids posted:

Needs zoidberg in at least one of the panels :D
Zoidberg is credible tho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Niwrad posted:

What are the odds he's a sovereign citizen dipshit too?

He's a bitcoiner too...

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Ivermectin study that all the idiots are basing their dosage on got withdrawn btw

Was that the one that got thrown out because they accidentally used sample data? Or maybe that was a different remedy like hydrowhateverthefuck.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's a bitcoiner too...

Every athlete is now days though. It's just part of diversifying your portfolio when you've got squillions. If you have influence moreso because you can put your finger on the scale in real time.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I agree with the Twitter person who pointed out the jock - hippie combo can get into strange pretty easily.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Zoidberg is credible whynot

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yo gently caress QAron. I wish nothing but bad things for him.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It's a bit odd that he didn't bring up this allergy and the NFL denying a medical exemption when asked. Seems like he would've had a pretty good case and turned a bunch of scrutiny and attention to the protocols he hates so much

:thunk:

Guze fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 5, 2021

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CANCEL ME! CANCEL MEEEEEEE!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mcmagic posted:

A reminder that Travis Kelce is based unlike A-Aron who is highly cringe.

https://twitter.com/tkelce/status/1414978043450433543

This is what infuriates me so much about the antivaxxers. It's not about loving personal freedoms you lying fuckasses, it's straight up political theatre cause your team has to be contrarian. gently caress all the way off you selfish pricks. The vaccine is about your family and the community you live in. That is what vaccines have always been about, to prevent spread so that those that can't vaccinate for valid reasons can be safe. Ignorant motherfuckers. Working at a chud hospital has me fuming at all the hot takes and yesterday when they circulated the CMS mandate a whole lot of health care workers showed their fat hairy asses. I'll hold the door for you as you quit over a vaccine in a pandemic you god drat cocks.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

BlindSite posted:

A friend of mine actually has an allergy to polyethelyne glycol that he found out about when he took some laxative and therefore can't get the approved vaxxes out here. When Rodgers turned out not to be vaxxed I thought this might have been the case. My cursory google turned out this is a thing https://www.bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0007-0912(20)31009-6/fulltext but it would have been obvious if he (Rodgers) had the allergy because he for sure at some point would have had cortico steroids injected to help with injuries etc or come across it in any of a thousand other medications.

I never expect him to be full blown crazy though.

I shall now refer to Rodgers as Throw Rogan. Thank you for listening.

He should be able to safely get the J&J one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Asproigerosis posted:

This is what infuriates me so much about the antivaxxers. It's not about loving personal freedoms you lying fuckasses, it's straight up political theatre cause your team has to be contrarian. gently caress all the way off you selfish pricks. The vaccine is about your family and the community you live in. That is what vaccines have always been about, to prevent spread so that those that can't vaccinate for valid reasons can be safe. Ignorant motherfuckers. Working at a chud hospital has me fuming at all the hot takes and yesterday when they circulated the CMS mandate a whole lot of health care workers showed their fat hairy asses. I'll hold the door for you as you quit over a vaccine in a pandemic you god drat cocks.

There's the contrarianism and the firm belief everyone is an island.

"If I take good care of myself, I will be just fine." and it's variants are telling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

nikosoft posted:

He should be able to safely get the J&J one

Rodgers yes, but JJ not approved out here.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spoeank posted:

He's from Chico, a basement full of assault rifles and itching for the revolution are well within the range of outcomes. His granola ladyfriend influenced everything else.

I don’t think his earth mother girlfriend would have married a dude who is hoarding guns and preparing for rahowa.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Throw Rogan is genius and I feel justified in always thinking Rodgers was a total douche

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah he's not allergic to anything in the mrna vaccines, except for hilarious misconceptions of mrna. There is barely anything in them that isn't basic components of carbon based life. A glycol allergy would be so mind bogglingly rare and everyone would have known about this since college as it would dramatically impact any medical treatment he'd ever have to have.

Anyway I am a leftist and I was definitely suspicious of the vaccines last summer as just another bullshit grift by trump just like how he hosed all of us in health care by doing nothing about ppe and having kushner use FEMA to seize orders so he could just resell it like some petty rear end mob goomba selling cig cartons. Though mostly because of how insanely fast itd be conpared to any other vaccine to date. But then the results came out and they were big and beautiful and I was real loving stoked when I got to get my first pfizer in december before christmas.

And then I found out this country is utter loving waste because half of my coworkers refuse to vaccinate because let's go brandon and my body my choice overturn roe v wade you're all just sheeple. Yeah sheeple that didn't give each other covid and forced our coworkers to cover all of your shifts for 2 weeks you selfish assholes. I hope they quit over the mandate I'd rather be hilariously understaffed than work with people that have truly lost the plot in health care.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Spoeank posted:

That's great. You can probably find something like that 60 miles from every major metro in America. That doesn't make Rodgers ready to shoot up his local planning and zoning office.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think his earth mother girlfriend would have married a dude who is hoarding guns and preparing for rahowa.

“Horse shoe theory” isn’t complete bullshit when it comes to landing on “society is collapsing therefore hoard guns”.

BlindSite posted:

A friend of mine actually has an allergy to polyethelyne glycol that he found out about when he took some laxative and therefore can't get the approved vaxxes out here. When Rodgers turned out not to be vaxxed I thought this might have been the case. My cursory google turned out this is a thing https://www.bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0007-0912(20)31009-6/fulltext but it would have been obvious if he (Rodgers) had the allergy because he for sure at some point would have had cortico steroids injected to help with injuries etc or come across it in any of a thousand other medications.

I never expect him to be full blown crazy though.

If he had this allergy is that something that a compounding pharmacy could get around for mixing up steroids or whatever else? That’s what a NFL team’s medical staff is there for after all.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 5, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Kinda wish I was at work today with the moron who's saying he's going to quit if Joe Biden forces this vaccine on him. When I came in yesterday he immediately greeted me with a real wank off comment about Aarons Rodgers got covid all these vaccinated people keep getting covid how could this happen (he himself was part of our dept superspreader event a month ago). He clocked out by the time the playdoh immunization news dropped and today wow.

I suspect he'd be into it though since he strikes me as a rogan viewer and one of those natural self relience of the earth types so vaccines are just for the weak.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

“Horse shoe theory” isn’t complete bullshit when it comes to landing on “society is collapsing therefore hoard guns”.

:yeah:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyway I am a leftist and I was definitely suspicious of the vaccines last summer as just another bullshit grift by trump just like how he hosed all of us in health care by doing nothing about ppe and having kushner use FEMA to seize orders so he could just resell it like some petty rear end mob goomba selling cig cartons. Though mostly because of how insanely fast itd be conpared to any other vaccine to date. But then the results came out and they were big and beautiful and I was real loving stoked when I got to get my first pfizer in december before christmas.

From the outside the accelerated time frame looks suspicious, but I work for the clinical trials office at a giant research hospital and every study I see always takes a long loving time to get up and running because no one gives a poo poo about moving fast in an academic environment, which is where the vast majority of clinical trials actually take place. Covid was completely different; we're doing Pfizer and Novavax trials here, and everyone at all levels came together to get this poo poo up and running ASAP because it was The Only Priority. IRB convened a special review meeting as soon as the protocol was submitted, a legion of coordinators were assembled and trained ahead of time, and as soon as we got the go-ahead, we had a segment on the local news looking for volunteers and we had thousands of signups by the next day and could immediately start screening. The mRNA technology itself is amazing, but the swift organizational response was a goddamned miracle, and I'm sure this was duplicated at every study site. That's one way to get a fast vaccine!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just realized Rodgers is claiming he had a PEG allergy which lmao

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 5, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah, too bad we are mandated to take that money and put it towards NFTs and giving it to corporations for stock buybacks now that covid is over. Makes you want to die when you see what can happen in medicine when there is a collective will and desire without a profit motive.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

hobbesmaster posted:

If he had this allergy is that something that a compounding pharmacy could get around for mixing up steroids or whatever else? That’s what a NFL team’s medical staff is there for after all.

He could simply take the J&J, which I don't think uses PEG.

e:fb

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s not, but she’s not really that kind of weirdo. She’s a Bernie supporter and got arrested protesting DAPL. She’s pretty squarely a left liberal on the American politics spectrum.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So they didn’t adjust his contract at all really. No one is claiming him at that number.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1456744767983955971

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

I just realized Rodgers is claiming he had a PEG allergy which lmao

Listen who are you to say this man doesn't have an extremely rare allergy that would limit his medical treatment options so much that it'd be impossible to play professional sports?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SourKraut posted:

He could simply take the J&J, which I don't think uses PEG.

e:fb

He could but 6 women experienced clots. Can't risk that.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Throw Rogan was already on Bomani’s podcast so I don’t know who came up with it but it’s everywhere.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Some blue checkmark tweeted it two days ago randomly and it had a bunch of likes, so I think it's just migrating naturally.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Mark Murphy calling him a "complicated fella" was a bit of an undersell

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

:hmmyes:

:zoid:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He could but 6 women experienced clots. Can't risk that.

I do so many loving head MRV exams ever since this poo poo came out with vaxx clots. Oh you had a tia and were vaccinated? It must be a brain clot!

We'd do like one mrv a year before this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Listen who are you to say this man doesn't have an extremely rare allergy that would limit his medical treatment options so much that it'd be impossible to play professional sports?

I told my girlfriend this. She’s a pacu nurse and lol’d

She says PEG allergies are on the level of people claiming they’re allergic to Benadryl because it makes them drowsy

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

I told my girlfriend this. She’s a pacu nurse and lol’d

She says PEG allergies are on the level of people claiming they’re allergic to Benadryl because it makes them drowsy

Rodgers would be looking better in the public eye right now if he was out there telling everyone that he rolls with the hatman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s not, but she’s not really that kind of weirdo. She’s a Bernie supporter and got arrested protesting DAPL. She’s pretty squarely a left liberal on the American politics spectrum.

My God, it's worse than I could have imagined. They're cspam posters.