Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

you can't have that cool a title for such a dry subject that's illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Clawing back a piece of the land they lost during the dissolution of the USSR means way more, especially with their vice grip on natural gas and them getting sea access with Syria and Crimea. Ukraine should be nervous at this point, they're next

The Russians have already taken half of that country for almost a decade now

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Isn't that like the third time they did something like that? Though it might be a bit more believable this time. If the Belarus gov doesn't see the sanctions as survivable joining up with the Russians is probably their best bet.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Wait what was the old Wizard War?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Turtle Watch posted:

ww2

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I bought the book so I can find an excerpt about all Russian immigrants being spies. I flipped through it a little and citations are from the cia and replace ussr with China.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Grapplejack posted:

Clawing back a piece of the land they lost during the dissolution of the USSR means way more, especially with their vice grip on natural gas and them getting sea access with Syria and Crimea. Ukraine should be nervous at this point, they're next

but that wont work because everyone in ukraine hates russia right :)

but that wont work because everyone in ukraine hates russia right :catstare:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/mrubin1971/status/1456719534707159044

so i have a hypothetical situation lets say taiwans political leadership actually said yeah lets make nukes we think nukes are good do the taiwanese people respond by saying gently caress yeah awesome or for fucks sake get rid of these clowns and let beijing run the show this isnt worth the stress

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

hahaha

oh i'm flashing back to the OSS or whatever as fictionalized in Gravity's Rainbow

wizards and their staffs and the wizard staff

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Turtle Watch posted:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

the gsg gamer in me is intrigued.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's still incredible funny that the US and EU thought Lukashenko distancing Belarus from Russia was a sign of weakness, so they went all in on regime change.

This feels so much longer ago than last year.
https://twitter.com/franakviacorka/status/1304048152459309058?s=20

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1456764321686560770

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i hope they keep him

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Are russians terrified of NATO courage of fleeing at the first sign of a real fight

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

can you read? i never denied there were conservative elements in china wrongfully suspicious of lgbt people, nor did i call this a "cia plot" like the tankie you've imagined in your gbs-poisoned brain. i was talking specifically about twisting an obviously positive thing into proof of its opposite through sheer conjecture.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

TheBuilder posted:

I don't dispute that. The whole foundation of Iran stuff is questionable and worth serious consideration for all Americans. But nonetheless we are in a war for the ideological direction of this planet with the most populated nation that has rapidly gained parity in most competitive measures. As we continue to fight within our own borders as western nations, China rallies behind cultural and business martyrs in a united front. Nothing can be ceded in this dispute.

lmao gently caress off lunatic

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
"nothing can be ceded in this dispute, this is about ideology, this is about democracy" i insist, as oligarchs make me ride an f35 across the date line towards china

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Truga posted:

"nothing can be ceded in this dispute, this is about ideology, this is about democracy" i insist, as oligarchs make me ride an f35 across the date line towards china

Crossing longitude lines is a pretty risky mission for a F-35

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Truga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNmUJAyuwo4

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Palladium posted:

Crossing longitude lines is a pretty risky mission for a F-35

Do they still flip over if they cross over the equator?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

holy loving poo poo

how have i not seen this before

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

argh!! me 360 degree awareness cockpit has malfunctioned!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

that thread is loving insane lmao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
if i genuinely believed there was a winner takes all clash of civilizations between the usa and china and that conflict was inevitable, i would simply take the side of china in that dispute

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the clash of the hundred acre wood

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

R. Guyovich posted:

quote:

China rallies behind cultural and business martyrs in a united front

lmao he literally describes america to a T

*cough* Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, whoever the gently caress else *cough*

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
as we continue to fight within our own borders as western nations,

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
trash can of ideology indeed

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress i wish i fought in a wizard war. maybe there is hope

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Chinese business martyrs: "Dying for Xi's productive forces!"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/carlzha/status/1456951269772251136?s=21

https://twitter.com/lunaoi_vn/status/1456891961059602432?s=21

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I wonder what Kabul will look like 45 years after people stopped bombing it, I mean who knows, you can start building anything with decades of bomb free living?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pryor on Fire posted:

I wonder what Kabul will look like 45 years after people stopped bombing it, I mean who knows, you can start building anything with decades of bomb free living?

The epiphany when $868M for the Nam's metro may easily be cheaper than the cost of the US evac from Afghanistan

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Close this thread, bois

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

an expert view

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Palladium posted:

Close this thread, bois

why cant i be paid to write this poo poo?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

:thunk:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Palladium posted:

Close this thread, bois

China is like the fable of three blind men describing an elephant, except there is no elephant. It's the nightmare reality of Jean Baudrillard's hypothetical cartographers creating a map so large and accurate it destroys the real thing except the cartographers have drawn a series of 9 lines, repeating, forever .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

I read the whole thing and still have no idea what point is it getting at