Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao practice squad QB getting heated at Florio for being dumb as poo poo

https://twitter.com/KurtBenkert/status/1456796030469611523

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canqued
Jan 18, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

That's absurd.

Rodgers would absolutely want as many QBs as possible taking reps away from Love.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

canqued posted:

Look at that face.

THIS IS THE FACE OF COVID

:thurman:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Soothing Vapors posted:

hey guys just got back from a three year football vacation. anything new going on with the Packers

You made the right/wrong choice at the same time, somehow.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Alex would've gotten you more than one.

not with Fat Mike at the helm

SKULL.GIF posted:

SV did you and your wife seriously skip out after/before McCarthy got fired

You've missed an amazing 2.5 seasons

yeah lol

it was the right choice

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hey dude I get to now confuse you with a name / av change hope you're well

I AM PERPLEXED

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

You made the right/wrong choice at the same time, somehow.

that's The Vapors Way (tm)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

as the great MLK once said

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I can't wait for the start of future HoF QB Jordan Love's 20 year reign of terror on Sunday.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I'm excited to start the Love era, we just have to keep in mind that Packer QBs go insane after 15 years and cut him loose at the right time

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

sweet geek swag posted:

A rich person would be able to get the human dosage of ivermectin, which is actually safe to take

you don't even have to be rich lol but please don't get in the way of these meltdowns

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I want Love to do well on Sunday and then show up for the press conference wearing a shirt that says "VACCINE POWERED"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Speaking of rich he could have just said "yeah I'm getting monoclonal antibodies" and left it at that

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Speaking of rich he could have just said "yeah I'm getting monoclonal antibodies" and left it at that

That, and mentioning the reports of him not being treated as an unvaxxed player in the protocols was completely fabricated bullshit. All he had to do.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm always down for someone calling Florio a piece of poo poo.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

There's alot of ways he could have taken this to reduce the damage here.

He took none of them.

I always thought Rodgers was a smart guy when it came to handling the media. Like - he always seemed to choose his words carefully and be engaging without revealing too much. Now he just comes off as an insane person.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Obviously someone needs to convince Rodgers that his own piss will cure Covid.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Nobody smart likes cryptocurrency

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ice Fist posted:

There's alot of ways he could have taken this to reduce the damage here.

He took none of them.

I always thought Rodgers was a smart guy when it came to handling the media. Like - he always seemed to choose his words carefully and be engaging without revealing too much. Now he just comes off as an insane person.

He just didn’t speak to the media outside of Packers press conferences, and that made him seem smart, because… *gestures at today*

Actually that not true, he was on Pete Holmes’s podcast a few years ago and made headlines because he shared a UFO sighting story.

Too bad all the quirky conspiracy theory people went from kooky fun to full-on neo-fascist anti-vaxers. :eng99:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nobody smart likes cryptocurrency

:hmmyes: :yeah:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Love the the just asking questions about the vaccine but no concern jamming something in my body called Regeneron

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

“We don’t know the long term effects of the vaccines! :argh:

We also don’t know the long term effects of COVID. :smug:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Can't wait for the absolute batshit press conference next week wherein Rodgers preaches his loving bullshit on everything, holy gently caress this is going to own

drat we didn't even have to wait lmao

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
five letters C-O-V-I-D

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Koirhor posted:

Love the the just asking questions about the vaccine but no concern jamming something in my body called Regeneron

It’s all tied in with stupid anti-authoritarian anti-government stuff. Like there’s this idea that there’s something shady about the media and politicians begging you to get a free vaccine but you’ve got your finger on the pulse by buying some random poo poo as if the people selling that are just doing it at cost to help humanity?? As if “big pharma” is helpless and can’t put out their own version of ivermectin, you’ve brought them to their knees by refusing the free vaccine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Honestly if it came in the pub cheese with port I'd be all about it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I want a gif of covid doing the lambeau leap.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remembered something from that book on Favre...

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

quote:

Sean McHugh, a Packers tight end, said Rodgers was a nice kid with, “California swag.” Which wasn’t the same as Mississippi or Green Bay swag. During that opening camp, then training camp two months later, Rodgers liked to brag about the 35 he scored on the Wonderlic, a test used by NFL teams to assess the aptitude of prospective employees. One day in a quarterbacks meeting he said, “Brett, what did you get on it?”

“I have no idea,” he replied.

“I do,” Rodgers said. “I looked it up. You got a 22.”

When the meeting concluded, Rodgers exited the room first, followed by Darrell Bevell, the quarterbacks coach, then Favre and Nall. “loving Wonderlic score,” Favre mumbled. “Do you believe that poo poo? I run circles around his rear end.”

Rodgers made it a point to sit in the front row of team meetings, and raise his hand to answer every question from the coaches. He was smart and studious, and it all went over like a bowl of maggot-coated Fruit Loops. Eventually, Driver, the veteran receiver and Favre’s close friend, pulled the youngster aside and said, bluntly, “Aaron, we get it. You’re smart. Now shut the gently caress up.”

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If he could check his ego for a minute Rodgers has the easiest back door out of this mess ever.

Stick him in a meeting with a high profile doctor/scientist/somebody for a couple hours then have him come out with something like “Welp, I was duped, as were millions of my fellow Americans. That’s why I’m announcing in partnership with the NFL I’ll be a vaccine ambasasador”. Cut a couple ads with grandmas and cute kids getting the jab while Rodgers grins in the foreground and call it a day. If he was willing to throw Joe Rogan under the bus in the process he’d be a god to the MSNBC-watching crowd.

Instead he’ll probably keep wolfing down modelling clay and start casually dropping into press conferences his enthusiasm for the works of Jordan Peterson.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

What an annoying rear end in a top hat.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BGrifter posted:

Jordan Peterson.

Oh gently caress this is 100% what's coming next isn't it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

I doubt it, Peterson hasn't released anything new and he's been thoroughly embarrassed from the whole meat thing and having to be put into a coma in Russia. Plus losing that one debate.

Rogan still has social credibility (even if it's undeserved). If anything Rodgers is gonna show up on a podcast with Glenn Greenwald talking about how the liberals have gone insane about vaccination.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pops Mgee posted:

That or Ben Shapiro would be my guess.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I hope Love balls out lol gently caress

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1456830762041413634?s=20

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

BGrifter posted:

If he could check his ego for a minute Rodgers has the easiest back door out of this mess ever.

Stick him in a meeting with a high profile doctor/scientist/somebody for a couple hours then have him come out with something like “Welp, I was duped, as were millions of my fellow Americans. That’s why I’m announcing in partnership with the NFL I’ll be a vaccine ambasasador”. Cut a couple ads with grandmas and cute kids getting the jab while Rodgers grins in the foreground and call it a day. If he was willing to throw Joe Rogan under the bus in the process he’d be a god to the MSNBC-watching crowd.

Instead he’ll probably keep wolfing down modelling clay and start casually dropping into press conferences his enthusiasm for the works of Jordan Peterson.

That would work, but it would also require him to admit that he isn't the smartest man in the room, and there are literally no circumstances where he'd be able to make that admission.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

jng2058 posted:

That would work, but it would also require him to admit that he isn't the smartest man in the room, and there are literally no circumstances where he'd be able to make that admission.

Yup.

There have been zero signs that point otherwise.

There is a far more likely chance that Rodgers retires at the end of the year out of spite and butthurtedness.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jng2058 posted:

If he was like 22 then there was a chance. He's 38 and acting like this. He's doomed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1456698914367750146

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Literally cackling

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
After watching the whole thing, the interview is pretty disturbing. The conviction with which he says poo poo and genuinely believes it is like... this dude is deeply, deeply unwell and even giving him a platform at this time is very bad. He's not just a Libertarian conspiracy theorist wackjob that we all thought he was but so much more unnerving than that. The megalomaniative, manipulative tone and calculated strategy and interruptions, holy poo poo this was horrible.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I do feel bad for LaFleur who has dealt with a billion shades of poo poo since becoming coach.

Still easily the best coach in the division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pops Mgee posted:

My money’s on Candace Owens, she always seems to reel in hipster pseudo intellectual dumbass white guys