Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The voting has begun

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This time... shall be different

It's not different at all, is it Steve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

theres a mighty ducks show? dafuq

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.c-span.org/video/?515757-1/house-votes-infrastructure-bill&live

Watch live. they got proxy votes still?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

All those dumbasses walking around with their nose hanging out of their masks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1456818904056086532?s=20

sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Excelzior posted:

if the progressives caved the only question left is whether Pelosi splits apart the SALT restoration into its own bill to salvage that part (lol she absolutely will)

Basically the left has no power whatsoever which is what we keep getting reminded of. If there was any actual movement behind these people it wouldn't be this easy for them to cave.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Yeah I'm actually coming around to the idea that maybe a somewhat more moderate, traditional liberal-conservatism, ala Romney winning in 2012, is actually superior to the Democrats.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

finger on the pulse when it comes to reality tv

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

why did we stop letting him be president

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its bullshit that timer means literally nothing. When it hits 0:00 they should turn the lights out, vote's over

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pamela Springstein posted:

Yeah I'm actually coming around to the idea that maybe a somewhat more moderate, traditional liberal-conservatism, ala Romney winning in 2012, is actually superior to the Democrats.

Dems are literally going to run Romney is 2024 so

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1456653260245323777?t=1x7kFv17cpl1oyitMT73Cg&s=09

Lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1456811548714979328?s=20

Adam Kinzinger is somehow going to play a role in this isn't he

he is one of the GOP yes votes lol

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Basically the left has no power whatsoever which is what we keep getting reminded of. If there was any actual movement behind these people it wouldn't be this easy for them to cave.

Please read Lenin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Dems are literally going to run Romney is 2024 so

watching Obama stump for Romney would own

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is literally no reason this bill has to pass tonight 2 weeks before the other bill and Manchin hasn't even committed to voting for it LOL. It's so obvious that they are getting hosed that it makes you wonder if they care if the BBB passes or not.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
trump should get plane banners to fly his statements in all 50 states. just shitpost directly into the sky. crop dust all the haters and losers with savage air tweets. people would be even more in awe than when they saw the ron paul blimp

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

it would also be funny if this stupid dance with manchin literally lasted until the next Congress is seated

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the agreement is that Biden will force manchin and sinema to vote for it, something he has been trying for months to do

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Parity warning posted:

theres a mighty ducks show? dafuq

i think they were trying to to get in on the cobra kai hype but failed

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think all that time dancing around was literally to work out who would be the principled no votes from the democrats

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1456822404043444225?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol manchin gettin’ his mass text to reporters about his new doubts ready

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

bill passes. I forget what's in this one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

god drat

he's out of line but he's right

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

manchin the moment the yes ticker hits 218

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7P247rfrw

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bill passes. I forget what's in this one.

about 250 billion of new spending, mostly on basic infrastructure (roads, highways, etc)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the signature accomplishment for the dems will be the SALT repeal, which will be immediately reinstated in 2024

lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/status/1456823927628574721?s=20

LOSERS

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

the agreement is that Biden will force manchin and sinema to vote for it, something he has been trying for months to do

how the gently caress is he gonna do that? dribble ice cream slobber on them while he tries to remember the name of his barber back in dover?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Manchin is going to cut the bill by 95% tomorrow. Take it or leave it.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmao owned by GOP yes votes

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

sign my petition to replace jayapal with bush in the squad

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

isnt this the completely useless bill that is a giant corporate handout and allocates like 10% of the bill total to supposedly rebuilding anything over a period of insert years

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The Squad? More like The Squat, cuz that's what yer gettin', Jack!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

lmao owned by GOP yes votes

pelosi only ever needed the cpc to fold she had enough of the gop votes to counter the Squad from the start - which is why she never offered them a drat thing

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Trump 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

ok I guess it’s “just” stage 4 but man what a way to live out what might be your last few years on the planet at like 29 or w/e. real dark.

if ducklo stops his cancer treatment today I will give him concrete assurances that we'll sign a certificate in 6 months

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

heard dems hosed up is that right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

lol the mods should use the squad’s no votes to say the BBB deal is invalid