Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Just in case this hasn't been posted here, the Shadowman's plot reaches its fruition in this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHz8WYFRc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/dlcorreos/status/1456081340646891525

Oh boy oh boy. This would be the best energy in one of these eps.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Likely new pin nicely teed up in the latest TAZ.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

https://twitter.com/dlcorreos/status/1456081340646891525

Oh boy oh boy. This would be the best energy in one of these eps.

can't have someone get dressed up needlessly if it's a nude ep

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

latest ethersea episode is basically set in a level of the video game Hitman lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

latest ethersea episode is basically set in a level of the video game Hitman lol

Also the rolls are out of control :stare:

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

You can hear Griffin suppress a grin when he says "and that's it!" after the hull scrape

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Devo and Amber self destructing is just absolutely amazing

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Somewhat related —

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV3kU5tsOo_/?utm_medium=copy_link

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Devo and Amber self destructing is just absolutely amazing

this episode was great, i think i laughed the most at any taz in a long time

justin and clint totally killing it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:holymoley: THESE ROLLS.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's not only the bad rolls but the way they force rolls with big consequences for the lowest yield capers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not only the bad rolls but the way they force rolls with big consequences for the lowest yield capers.

Yeah man this has got to loving kill them boys.

Amber pushing her one bit of lucks was just :discourse:.

I do love how much work they're doing in-character and I love how Griffin is really working them when they split the party and is making them roll a lot more for dumb sentences.

I just hope they remember they don't have to live.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jeremy’s cool

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

All of the costumes are so good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's somehow the loudest outfit of the four

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I stand corrected.

Thank you, Justin

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh cool big reveal at the end is they're doing a TAZ:balance miniseries on video dm'd by aabria, "three episodes weekly starting november 10th"

going full dimension 20, basically

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Man, Aabria Iyengar is getting around. I love her but surely there has to be a second black woman dm out there somewhere that also needs work.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seems like a pretty bad take

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Man, Aabria Iyengar is getting around. I love her but surely there has to be a second black woman dm out there somewhere that also needs work.

Probably, but if this is something new they're trying out they're going to pursue the bigger name.

I'm curious to see if this is going to be something that's supposed to go supplemental to Ethersea or something that, moving forward, might happen in between big campaigns. I'm 150% reading way too much into it though, and should be ridiculed appropriately.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

eke out posted:

seems like a pretty bad take

That I think it would have been a good opportunity to lift up more black or other POC voices? I get why and like I said, I love her work, but there are other great DMs out there that could also use a bit of that exposure

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i assume they got her because she's a proven good dm at picking up other people's worlds, you can count the number of people who've run games for huge franchises on like one hand.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, TAZ is still in the top three or so actual plays on the internet, so if you're gonna get a guest DM that isn't Brennan Lee Mulligan, might as well be the person who's guest DMed for all the top games.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Branson Reese would be pretty wild.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

koshmar posted:

Honestly surprised he hasn't cross-overed into D20 or Critical Role ecosystems.

It's pretty cute how most of the big D&D names are all down to work together. For such a small market feels supportive vs. cut throat.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

koshmar posted:

I feel like that has the potential to unleash Clint in the best and worst ways.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Branson is too good and too uncontrollable to be put in any kind of powerful position or work with a company. Frankly I'm amazed the Swan Boy cartoon hasn't gotten someone killed.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
he's missed about half of the Oh These, Those Stars of Spaces and also most of the chat shows for that show... I assume Swan Boy is taking up most of his non-Rude time.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

he's missed about half of the Oh These, Those Stars of Spaces and also most of the chat shows for that show... I assume Swan Boy is taking up most of his non-Rude time.

On the last Rude Chatting they mentioned they’ve all been recording in person so it sounds like he’s back in NY.

Would love to see him run or play a game with another group, he’s pure chaos magic.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see Branson run the 1990s Ghostbusters RPG with the McElroys playing the part of a Ghostbusters franchise

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

koshmar posted:

On the last Rude Chatting they mentioned they’ve all been recording in person so it sounds like he’s back in NY.

Would love to see him run or play a game with another group, he’s pure chaos magic.

I think they're still going through the episodes they recorded during "camp," but if not it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong today.

I actually subbed to some Patreon to hear him play 4 sessions. lemme track that down....

Blocked Party. looks as though the first one's free:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/40885741

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Branson running a TAZ game would be a prime opportunity for revenge against Clint's bad review of his comic book.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
That was Chris Hastings comic, who's one of the players on Rude.

Branson would bring incredible energy to a TAZ game, but would also piss off the worst kind of nerd. He freely admits he doesn't really give a poo poo about 5e's rules and has a flimsy grasp on them at best.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

The World Inferno posted:

Honestly surprised he hasn't cross-overed into D20 or Critical Role ecosystems.
At least Rude Tales has proven that Branson Reese and Brennan Lee Mulligan can do a killer collaboration with Kreedis. Goddamn was Mountaintop a great episode.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Branson would bring incredible energy to a TAZ game, but would also piss off the worst kind of nerd. He freely admits he doesn't really give a poo poo about 5e's rules and has a flimsy grasp on them at best.
I mean Griffin isn't as fixated on making sure they follow the rules as some, but he does like cooking up new systems to play with like the ship combat in Ethersea. Branson seems much more willing to throw a rule out the window on a dime so something cool can happen, and I don't think he'd ever really opt for more game rules. (Chuckling thinking about how angry Branson got in the first PARSELY episode.)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Branson’s casual disregard for the rules of the game is why I respect him the most.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Branson would break the McElroys and leave Clint as the only survivor. And Swam Boy has a body count associated with it; I won’t hear otherwise.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I took this screenshot during one of the live shows. Branson said, "hang on, let me check the DMG" and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder, what does being an "executive producer" for a podcast entail?