Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My wife was tasked with making someone's house feel like Fall, and at first, the options were horrendous.

Gotta say though, she knocked it out of the park.

Required items were a lamp, a pile of leaves on fire, and the mushroom table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

oh, tools and fences are in your catalog now

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I bought six packs of series 5 amiibo cards. I managed to get six different special NPC cards and all but three of the regular neighbor cards. But there are 24 special NPC cards :psyduck: is this why people buy insane numbers of packs? I sure as hell am not going to attempt to buy 18 more just to get the rest of them, assuming I don’t get any repeats. drat this is some Pokémon card level poo poo, isn’t it?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I just made a board gaming room for Bruce and there's so much mess, the sloppy series is back, it's so good!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
System kitchen does indeed work for cooking

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife found a DIY in a bottle for a Golden Wristwatch. That’s new, right? There are new regular DIY’s to find!?!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I bought six packs of series 5 amiibo cards. I managed to get six different special NPC cards and all but three of the regular neighbor cards. But there are 24 special NPC cards :psyduck: is this why people buy insane numbers of packs? I sure as hell am not going to attempt to buy 18 more just to get the rest of them, assuming I don’t get any repeats. drat this is some Pokémon card level poo poo, isn’t it?

Jeez, how'd you manage that? Online places had them up for order for literal minutes, and I made some calls to local stores and they were all out day of release, presumably due to a combination of scalpers and them being legitimately popular.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My wife was tasked with making someone's house feel like Fall, and at first, the options were horrendous.

Gotta say though, she knocked it out of the park.

Required items were a lamp, a pile of leaves on fire, and the mushroom table.

That's great and I love that it's completely different from what I did with the same request.

Also, if anyone still needs wheat starts, give me a holler and I can stock up from Leif for you.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My wife found a DIY in a bottle for a Golden Wristwatch. That’s new, right? There are new regular DIY’s to find!?!

There are new DIYs. Someone was making a Golden bunny the other day which calls for a regular Garden bunny and Celeste has new DIYs too.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can confirm that Redd replaces fakes that you buy the next day. Granted, it’s only swapping out one piece of art for 4980 bells daily, but it’s something.
That's a far superior system to the "play for an average of 3 years" to complete the art gallery.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Can some existing items hang from the ceiling, or are ceiling items a new unique category?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

John Lee posted:

Jeez, how'd you manage that? Online places had them up for order for literal minutes, and I made some calls to local stores and they were all out day of release, presumably due to a combination of scalpers and them being legitimately popular.

I have notifications set up for a Twitter account that tweets immediately when they’re available. I managed to snag three each from Best Buy and Amazon.

cats
May 11, 2009

Tom Nook is a benevolent tyrant.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Third and final storage upgrade from Tom Nook in the 2.0 update costs 1.2 million bells for anyone considering it.

Edit: Stop taking me to such lovely islands, Kapp'n! Yesterday there were pumpkins and today it was peach trees, weeds and holly bushes. Plus the recipe in a bottle was one I already know. :argh:

Lily is currently crafting a golden vase so I'm opening up. Code in PGS.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 6, 2021

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Best Buy blessed me with three card packs and not a single dupe. I got the holy trinity of Ione, Shino, and Sasha so I'm very happy with my packs.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Given the series has an even split between villagers and NPC's I assumed they'd give us three of each per pack. I do prefer it this way since I'm just out to get villagers, but that's rough for the people looking to collect everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I got the gangster hamster as my second Happy Home vacationer, and that item selection? They know EXACTLY what they were doing.

Also, I built a bandstand on my island and the title screen just had Gonzo jamming on the drums.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

beer gas canister posted:

System kitchen does indeed work for cooking

I imagine almost any homewares item with 'kitchen' in the name will, and possibly most ovens.

I totally called this back during the Thanksgiving event given every villager suddenly gained an oven or kitchen if they didn't before and used it like they do a crafting table.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I didn’t realize the final storage expansion would be so drat expensive. I think I can hold off for a while.

I got 2 packs and the new villagers in them are Zoe, Frett, and Roswell. No one I’m interested in from those, but I did also get Dom and Judy. I forget, how many days in a row do you have to invite characters over to your campsite before they will agree to move in? I’ve got Dom at my place now and built him a beehive.

And- I also got both Isabelle and Nook for the special cards. I invited Isabelle for coffee and I’m not able to order coffee at the table with her, just talk with her. Is there a way to have Brewster give you coffee at the table?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I got 2 packs and the new villagers in them are Zoe, Frett, and Roswell. No one I’m interested in from those, but I did also get Dom and Judy. I forget, how many days in a row do you have to invite characters over to your campsite before they will agree to move in? I’ve got Dom at my place now and built him a beehive.

It takes three invites. They don't necessarily have to be in a row.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

J-Spot posted:

It takes three invites. They don't necessarily have to be in a row.

Groovy, thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve done that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel very stupid right now, Blathers will wont talk to me about opening the cafe. Everyone I know got it opened on their island with no problems. So I feel really dumb currently.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I feel very stupid right now, Blathers will wont talk to me about opening the cafe. Everyone I know got it opened on their island with no problems. So I feel really dumb currently.

You need to have at least a 3 star island with a fully expanded museum and need to have donated one of each kind of item (fossil, art, fish, bug, sea creature). Also make sure to play on the primary account.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

J-Spot posted:

You need to have at least a 3 star island with a fully expanded museum and need to have donated one of each kind of item (fossil, art, fish, bug, sea creature). Also make sure to play on the primary account.

Sea creature! I am missing that I think lol. Thank you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is there a way to collect photographs from the special NPCs you can call to the Roost? Or are they just a thing that only unlocks for use in the HHP DLC?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Postman posted:

i invited tortimer first and now he does whatever this is

God, I love that funky little grandpa turtle and I'm glad he's back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I know I called my hospital Glue Factory but, should I be concerned that Lottie said she would recruit some patients afterwards?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

I know I called my hospital Glue Factory but, should I be concerned that Lottie said she would recruit some patients afterwards?

Lottie is harvesting organs.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Marina invited me over to her place. While i was there she kept offering all the items in it to me. For free. She didn't need two bathtubs anyway.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Lottie learned medicine from Nurse Joy.

"We hope to see you again!"

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can confirm that Redd replaces fakes that you buy the next day. Granted, it’s only swapping out one piece of art for 4980 bells daily, but it’s something.

If you have an alt you can force both of them to cycle out. You'll have to lost about 10k bells each day, but it'll make the process of filling up the art gallery so much faster.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why can I not start the stuff to get the Cafe going. Checking online I seem to have met all the requirements. The heck.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Well I have never heard this KK song before and he says it's new!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

I said come in! posted:

Lottie is harvesting organs.

I'd wondered what the catch to getting a free fully decorated vacation home was.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Not new update related, but does anyone have any spare mushroom DIYs? I took down all of my Halloween items and I think mushrooms would be a good placeholder for those spaces until Christmas.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Astro7x posted:

Why can I not start the stuff to get the Cafe going. Checking online I seem to have met all the requirements. The heck.
It's either because you've never donated a deep sea creature/Art Piece or because KK hasn't played at your island yet.

After that or roughly at the same time you'll get a letter from Harv saying to stop by his island and Blathers wanted me to find Brewster that same day

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Any fun new exploits or old ones that still work?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Not new update related, but does anyone have any spare mushroom DIYs? I took down all of my Halloween items and I think mushrooms would be a good placeholder for those spaces until Christmas.
I don't think I've gotten a single mushroom pattern outside of the first one that Isabelle sent and I've got at least 50 mushrooms, maybe more. Villagers just keep giving me basic patterns or things I already had

It's one of the things that drags for me on a new island. There's almost no control over how frequent you can get items unless you camp for balloons hours a day

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the mushroom diy recipes only come out of balloon presents, don't they? try farming those.

but yeah I've only gotten the ones I do have from goon generosity. the discord is great :unsmith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

someone awful. posted:

the mushroom diy recipes only come out of balloon presents, don't they? try farming those.

but yeah I've only gotten the ones I do have from goon generosity. the discord is great :unsmith:

Yeah, I was moving last year during mushroom season so I didn’t play a lot and got basically zero.

Also how do I get an invite to the discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Yeah, I was moving last year during mushroom season so I didn’t play a lot and got basically zero.

Also how do I get an invite to the discord?

There's a link to RACCOON GOONS in the op! :)