Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Last night seeing a youtube recommendation about the candiru made us re-watch Are You There God, it's Me Dean and while season 1 may be a little janky you know what, still hilarious.

The Monarch has his hands in many sinister soups!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The location of my flying cocoon is highly secretive. Even I don’t know its whereabouts. It may well be floating over the moon!

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

pixaal posted:

The location of my flying cocoon is highly secretive. Even I don’t know its whereabouts. It may well be floating over the moon!

Hey, it's the Grand Canyon!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Or the Grand Canyon floating where everyone can see it, sure yeah, plausible.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
$274.99 for a venture bro collectable.. Bit steep.
https://www.superpunch.net/2021/11/life-sized-and-articulated-bubo-owl.html

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i've wanted one of those since i was a kid. not that much though. cheaper to get a red rubber ball i guess.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Vinyl? This price says metal and should weigh in at like 50lbs and make cool gear clicking sounds when you turn the head.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Boy if I ever feel bad about how much I've spent on LEGO I just gotta look around a bit at what collectable poo poo like that goes for

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Make a Warriana action figure, you Gargareans!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
it says "SMALL BUBO INCLUDED" but I cannot tell if there are pictures of small bubo

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

FBS posted:

Boy if I ever feel bad about how much I've spent on LEGO I just gotta look around a bit at what collectable poo poo like that goes for

I recently learned about this and if I didn't live in such a small place, I'd be making some very bad decisions:

https://hasbropulse.com/

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
some of the legos they have these days are pretty slick. i would even buy some if i had the slightest bit of space and time in my life for it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

uber_stoat posted:

some of the legos they have these days are pretty slick. i would even buy some if i had the slightest bit of space and time in my life for it.

Colonel Gentleman probably has an entire diary set aside just for discussing LEGO stuff

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Colonel Gentleman probably has an entire diary set aside just for discussing LEGO stuff

"Stay Alive! The Survival Game." that whole bit never fails to get laughs out of me for some reason.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dracula Factory posted:

"Stay Alive! The Survival Game." that whole bit never fails to get laughs out of me for some reason.

We really need a scene where he and 21 get to geek out over some nerdy things

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

FBS posted:

I collected Warhammer figures when I was a kid.

Looking at what they're charging these days I'm like wow, this is figuratively a racket.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nilbop posted:

I collected Warhammer figures when I was a kid.

Looking at what they're charging these days I'm like wow, this is figuratively a racket.

There's ways around it, as long as you don't plan on using Official Warhammer©®™ Miniatures at an Official Warhammer©®™ Store or Official Warhammer©®™ Tournament.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow https://twitter.com/jamesurbaniak/status/1456751227551760391?s=12

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Do they record before or after they start animating though. It's the animation that takes the time

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Before I believe.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1456751734290853888?t=zL_p6l5rMCvuPMPE4DHw1Q&s=19

This is it apparently.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hope they got a decent budget.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

uber_stoat posted:

hope they got a decent budget.

Counterpoint, I kind of hope they got no budget. Just get weird and stupid with it to make things work.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Warbird posted:

Counterpoint, I kind of hope they got no budget. Just get weird and stupid with it to make things work.

It's ironic that doing it with Harryhausen stop motion is definitely more expensive than CGI now

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I hope they got a big budget and blew it all on one song.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hope the monarch is in the movie

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Seven seasons and a movie, sounds pretty catchy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No budget, just animate it for the next 20 years like Richard Williams

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
For 15 dollars a month, they will mail the frames of the movie to your house as they finish them.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Where do I sign up?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm kind of glad it's ending, season 7 is great but go out on top, and there's only a few big plot threads left. I would consume any type of order of the triad spinoff content though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Do they record before or after they start animating though. It's the animation that takes the time

This should explain the whole process.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm kind of glad it's ending, season 7 is great but go out on top, and there's only a few big plot threads left. I would consume any type of order of the triad spinoff content though.

Only if the series is called The Thaumaturgic Man Mound.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Khanstant posted:

i hope the monarch is in the movie

It's *Malcom* now. :colbert:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When I read the post I read it as Malcom playing the Monarch, which he really should play both Monarch and Blue Morpho if it's a final send off and not a setup for a spin off.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

FBS posted:

I hope they got a big budget and blew it all on one song.

This is the one true correct answer, but only if it’s the same song again.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

pixaal posted:

When I read the post I read it as Malcom playing the Monarch, which he really should play both Monarch and Blue Morpho if it's a final send off and not a setup for a spin off.

It wouldn't surprise me if he has a new horrendously ornate costume with blue and orange elements. Owing to the insane attention to detail in this show, the Blue Morpho is the largest species of butterfly in the world, so Monarch was literally in his father's shadow.

Now that he's been Tenned I could see him taking both mantels. With any luck, Gary will just go by Two-Ton Twenty-one.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Isn't his number 2 name The Viceroy?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Malcolm in the Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I doubt the monarch is going to officially come out as being associated with the blue morpho (aside from maybe admitting that BM was his dad) considering that he was a wanted man for what he did as the blue morpho.