Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

GNU Order posted:

It’s not that many people

But there’s no one answer, usually it’s just misapplied skepticism and distrust towards the external forces that govern our lives

The last CDC stat I saw was that 70% of American adults were vaccinated. There were only 258.3 million American adults as of the 2020 Census, so 70% of that would be 77.49 million. There are legitimate health reasons why some folks can't get vaccinated, so maybe we chunk that down to 50 million to be extra safe.

So I'm going to say that 50 million people are bought into Crazytown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
reporter: Are you vaccinated?
Rodgers: Yeah, I've been immunized

quote:

"First of all, I didn't lie in the initial press conference," Rodgers said Friday. "During that time, it was a witch hunt that was going on across the league, where everybody in the media was so concerned about who was vaccinated and who wasn't and what that meant and who was being selfish and who would talk about it, what it meant if they said it's a personal decision and they shouldn't have to disclose their own medical information.

"And at the time, my plan was to say that I have been immunized. It wasn't some sort of ruse or lie. It was the truth, and I'll get into the whole immunization in a second. But had there been a follow-up to my statement that I've been immunized, I would have responded with this: I would have said, 'Look, I'm not some sort of anti-vax, flat-Earther. I am somebody who's a critical thinker.'"

I hate there's a group of people and media reporters saying Hey he didn't lie, he misled!
"Are you vaccinated?"
"Yeah..."
He lied. The truthful answer was No. Say, "No, I've been immunized" and then explain your homeopathic idiocy.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://twitter.com/Zeddary/status/1456834641546076162?s=20

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

He never got in to what exactly the immunizing process was

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
He did. Monoclonal antibodies, Ivermectin (which people only hated on because of Trump), "HCQ" (lmao saying it like he's best friends with the medicine) and vitamins.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Ivermectin (which people only hated on because of Trump)

The ivermectin studies that everyone cites for it "working" were terrible and have been retracted.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Friend I'm quoting Aaron I don't actually believe that myself Jesus Christ lmao. It's from the interview! I'm about to get my booster next week as soon as I'm off from work, triples is best, triples is safest.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Friend I'm quoting Aaron I don't actually believe that myself Jesus Christ lmao. It's from the interview! I'm about to get my booster next week as soon as I'm off from work, triples is best, triples is safest.

Should have introduced it with an "as the great MLK once said."

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Darth Brooks posted:

I meant the Aaron Rodgers interview.

I know

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

surf rock posted:

As hilarious as yesterday was, and as willing as I am now to see what we have in Jordan Love and move on... it's sinking in that Rodgers' brain is broken in the exact same way as like a hundred million people in the United States alone. gently caress, what is wrong with people?

I think we’re on the threshold of a big breakthrough in the study of human psychology - that we, as a species, are absolutely able to literally will ourselves into mental illness, and that people are cultivating actual, diagnosable mental illnesses within themselves via how they choose to interact with social media.

There’s a weird story about the rise of Tourette’s in teenage girls. The majority of Tourette’s sufferers are typically male, but over the last year there’s been a crazy increase in girls. Doctors dug in and found that all of them used Tik Tok, all of them showed signs of depression/anxiety disorders, and all of them watched certain Tik Tok’ers with Tourette’s. Many of them would say, “Beans!” in a British accent as one of their ticks, and it turned out that there is a British TikTok’er with Tourette’s who does that.

The girls were not faking, and the symptoms were involuntary, but somehow these girls, through their extant depression/anxiety disorders, were manifesting other people’s Tourette’s symptoms by constantly exposing themselves to videos of it.

Some people have hivemind tendencies. :stare:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think we’re on the threshold of a big breakthrough in the study of human psychology - that we, as a species, are absolutely able to literally will ourselves into mental illness, and that people are cultivating actual, diagnosable mental illnesses within themselves via how they choose to interact with social media.

There’s a weird story about the rise of Tourette’s in teenage girls. The majority of Tourette’s sufferers are typically male, but over the last year there’s been a crazy increase in girls. Doctors dug in and found that all of them used Tik Tok, all of them showed signs of depression/anxiety disorders, and all of them watched certain Tik Tok’ers with Tourette’s. Many of them would say, “Beans!” in a British accent as one of their ticks, and it turned out that there is a British TikTok’er with Tourette’s who does that.

The girls were not faking, and the symptoms were involuntary, but somehow these girls, through their extant depression/anxiety disorders, were manifesting other people’s Tourette’s symptoms by constantly exposing themselves to videos of it.

Beans 42
Beans 42
Campbell..... Campbells
Hut

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Bip Roberts posted:

Beans 42
Beans 42
Campbell..... Campbells
Hut

*Bears right guard jumps offsides and points to motionless opposing nose tackle*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, that whole story needs to be taken with a lot of salt.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
We're like 2 or 3 days away from Aaron doing kipping pull-ups on a lovely 480p webcam to prove how healthy he is in his recovery

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
So Rodgers will be sitting at home watching the game tomorrow (like Nagy last week). Wonder what he'll munch on, oats?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
A sugar cube

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

yeah, some people

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He’ll drink a cup of hot tea with honey and then eat the mug

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Styles Bitchley posted:

yeah, some people

Why did all the disparate types of conspiracy theorists meld into one megaconspiracy voting bloc? :tinfoil:

It’s like if you allow yourself to believe in one stupid thing, you become susceptible to believing in ALL the stupid things at once.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Endless Trash posted:

He’ll drink a cup of hot tea with honey and then eat the mug

Aaron Rodgers walks into an episode of antiques road show like “mmmmmmmmm tasty”.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The first of many I'm sure

https://twitter.com/Prevea/status/1457044791951233030

Doesn't matter though the dude has a fuckton of cash anyway

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh no! Cancel culture. :ohdear:

Pretty sure State Farm’s going to be next. :lol:

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Why did all the disparate types of conspiracy theorists meld into one megaconspiracy voting bloc? :tinfoil:

It’s like if you allow yourself to believe in one stupid thing, you become susceptible to believing in ALL the stupid things at once.

probably the same reason idiots believe in frauds like Aaron Rodgers, or such stupidity is limited to a particular political affiliation

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man your really whiny

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Styles Bitchley posted:

such stupidity is limited to a particular political affiliation

I disagree. Libertarianism is a lot less popular but it's arguably more dangerous than Conservatism for society as a whole. It's also rooted in a substantially different mindset.

E: I shouldn't have said "more" but I think "equally" is fine.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
they're all right wing reactionaries anyway

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Hot Diggity! posted:

The first of many I'm sure

https://twitter.com/Prevea/status/1457044791951233030

Doesn't matter though the dude has a fuckton of cash anyway

The last line in that presser loving lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell yes full WR group for Love

https://twitter.com/ESPNMilwaukee/status/1457061363461677056

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm cheering for QB controversy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I’m going to laugh if MVS catches every pass Love throws to him.

Not saying I think it will happen, just that it’d be hilarious.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

He did. Monoclonal antibodies, Ivermectin (which people only hated on because of Trump), "HCQ" (lmao saying it like he's best friends with the medicine) and vitamins.

That was all his treatment after he got infected, not his "immunization" from earlier this year

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

how curious!

https://twitter.com/CarlosdelRio7/status/1456986457579659264?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Not mine.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I was really sad when I found out Rodgers was gonna play this season, but in hindsight, watching this implosion in real-time has been the most fun I’ve had all season.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kaaron

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1457053686971179008

"Blake, are you playing on Sunday?"

Bortles looks away...

"Yeah, I've been activated."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Haven't watched football for 2 or 3 years. Back to watch my (lapsed) favorite team and (former) favorite QB implode. Countdown until Rodgers reveals he is "Q".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I think you’ll find Rodgers is actually JFK Jr.