Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sounds interesting, empty propane cylinders are cheaply had, got photos?

Re: rocket stoves, I think the design with a separate bottom air intake is probably better than the one which has the air intake in the angled part.

This is the first one I made. The chimney is rather short, because it was a scrap I had leftover.

This is a larger one I made later.

If you do want to give this a try, be VERY careful cutting open a cylinder. Even an 'empty' cylinder probably has enough gas left in it to scatter bits of you over your back yard.

Edit 23 is probably how many meters pieces of somebody would fly if they cut open a gas cylinder without fully emptying it.

Soylent Yellow fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Well the Tories just passed a motion dismantling the parliamentary anti-corruption regime, in the interest of appealing to their core voters clearly Labour must follow.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i welcome the prime minister's bold decision on parliamentary corruption, but would encourage him to go further by publicly executing the traitor keir starmer

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, but that was (disgracefully) a relatively obscure fact. Everyone knows the government killed 100,000 people now and no one gives a poo poo.

I would disagree that everyone knows that. Everyone (well at least 40% of the country and the entire shadow cabinet) think the poor old Government have done the best they can despite all those meanies saying otherwise, because this has been all the mainstream press coverage has had to say for the last 18 months.

In fact I'd say the 120k austerity deaths figure was better known in 2015/16 and the 100k+ excess covid deaths figure is now because people have been impacted by the anti-covid measures, as late and ineffective as they were, so people feel like the government has done all it can and the counter-narrative doesn't get any traction outside of a few selected stories about dodgy PPE contracts which people can safely write off as mistakes being made in a time of national crisis. The austerity deaths number *was* covered but for the chattering classes the limits of the effects were there local library and swimming pool being closed down, but they never used those anyway because they were full of *those people*.

Of course the press - even without the Corbyn bogeyman forcing them to - are in full ride or die mode to protect Johnson at all costs because he's one of their own in a way Cameron and May never were. I guarantee just about every opinion columnist and senior journo in the country has met Johnson multiple times at various wine and cheese affairs (and weird masked parties) so they refuse to lay the blame for any of it at his feet because doing so would be to admit that their circle of chums might not be the smartest and best people in the room and they will protect that perception from the slings and arrows of people with Palestinian flags in their screen names at all costs. Look at the Owen Paterson story - the edict to protect him and subsequent u-turn must have come from No. 10 and even the worst criticism was that Johnson was somehow not in full control.

At least if Corbyn was still LOTO there would be *some* criticism of Johnson in the press even if it was in the form of "Corbyn thinks that Johnson should say sorry for letting everybody's granny die, and yet Corbyn personally strangled every Jewish person in the country". Even if he was minded to do so Starmer can't lay a glove on Johnson because he can be safely completely ignored by the entire press.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was today years old when I learnt that you have to activate a special program on the touchscreen to put a Tesla in Neutral so it can be pushed, and if you don't know where that special button is or you've completely run out of power you look like a loving idiot to an entire car park.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west...dWeEKAGsB4IcGbU

quote:

Shoppers at Westfield were left fuming after a Tesla ran out of battery on the car park entry ramp blocking other cars in for three hours.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesla is saving the planet by preventing everyone from driving cars at all.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Guy from my small Irish hometown arrested for threatening to kill a British MP. Sadly, it was a female Labour MP, wonder which one

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/1106/1258303-man-arrested-cork-british-mp/

There is a non-zero chance I know this guy, have a couple of suspects in mind

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Guy from my small Irish hometown arrested for threatening to kill a British MP. Sadly, it was a female Labour MP, wonder which one

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human mind; see Brexit voters.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

any other, 20%, etc

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

Apparently the guy was British lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This guy has seen some poo poo

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

It was tough in the trenches wasn't it pal? I know how you feel. With the gas and the bullets coming over. I remember we were getting a helicopter out from a mission one time and my mate, who we all thought was dead, came running out of the woods with Germans chasing after him, shot full of bullets. He fell to his knees as we flew over him. I'll never forget his face. He'd be proud to see you in that jacket today, proper respectful. Anyway, I'm off in to get some fanta so you stay strong for all the other boys out there. I'd put 20p in your pot but I left my wallet in the car.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

smellmycheese posted:

He definately Dulce et that decorum est.

Fuckin awful wot ar bois went thru x

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Just wait till he does a conference speech and starts meeting the public and fleshing out his policy platform.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Dulce de leche est, pro caramel Mori. That's why I wear a Carnation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Glorious minifig eyes despite being a full size dummy.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Lest we forget to switch the gas off

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

serious gaylord posted:

I was today years old when I learnt that you have to activate a special program on the touchscreen to put a Tesla in Neutral so it can be pushed, and if you don't know where that special button is or you've completely run out of power you look like a loving idiot to an entire car park.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west...dWeEKAGsB4IcGbU

Glad you're here to provide this well informed viewpoint

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Glad you're here to provide this well informed viewpoint

hope Elon sees this king

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I actually saw Elon at Westfield once in person, I was only in the crowd, but I think he noticed me.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

really, really narrow window of outrage.

that's p much :scotland: yeah

smellmycheese posted:

wanna know where he gets his eyebrows done

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

crispix posted:

wanna know where he gets his eyebrows done

Halfway up his forehead, clearly

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

Glorious minifig eyes despite being a full size dummy.
looks like a classic Action Man, the ones where there's a lever at the back of the head to move the eyes left and right

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

queens absolutely dead, calling it!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

me too!

why?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skeletome posted:

queens absolutely dead, calling it!

The lads Cheeks, Ricey, Gibbo, Burnesy, and Skeletome

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
The queen is alive and stronger than ever.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

my friend was in a cinema and someone got a silent call from a caller called Queen on the phone, and they left 15 minutes before the end of Dune

either queen is dead or they have a very impatient dominatrix

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Good of her to ring in ahead before she went like. Real class that is, you don't get that in the lower orders.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I can very much see Johnson getting the queen to take one for the team to distract people from the Owen Patterson thing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

Apparently the guy was British lol

yeah it wasn't making much sense but there we go

If i ever get off this lovely island i never want to meet another brit

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 7, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah it wasn't making much sense but there we go

If i ever get off this lovely island i never want to meet another brit

rude

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

tiny tempah is awful

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

The queen is alive and stronger than ever.

Through ancient magic every rumour of her death adds another week to her life. Thanks to Twitter she will live to be over a thousand.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Just seen a big brawl between Russian seperatists and Ukrainian nationalists in the street. Brutal as gently caress. Wish I had my camera cos in all my days of anti fascism in the U.K. I’ve never seen such a large sudden and brutal eruption of violence. Absolutely mad. There are no good guys here either. The Russian seperatists are pro putin and the Ukrainians are nationalists. What a mess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

why is a russian separatist pro putin? what are they separating from?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:hellyeah:

Also Rowan randomly standing behind Brenda near the end :3:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:toot:

https://twitter.com/sueellendarling/status/1457138662026645517

The Times is the only Sunday front page that mentions sleaze, apart from the Guardian focusing on the flat refurb.

e: Sunday Mail has this taking up a good chunk of the front page

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

why is a russian separatist pro putin? what are they separating from?

Probably from Ukraine given the context.