Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

It's the same mostly naked 16 year old that keeps getting shunted to the front page of reddit

Six hundred loving drawings and not a hint of improvement or self reflection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Danaru posted:

It's the same mostly naked 16 year old that keeps getting shunted to the front page of reddit

Six hundred loving drawings and not a hint of improvement or self reflection

I want to slam that guy's fingers in a car door.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Danaru posted:

Very misleading.

He says she’s only underage when she has clothes on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It really feels like way more than 600

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/cMfkFGP.mp4

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is the saddest god drat thing I've seen in a long time

I sent this to a friend and he looked him up and says the guy only got 70 upvotes in a sub of 30 million people (it is an auto follow) and he has a lot of angry white conservative posts and posts in some sub called "Donald Trump A Netflix Series" that I'm guessing is a TheDonald parachute account.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

kntfkr posted:

I want to slam that guy's fingers in a car door.

Don’t limit yourself to just fingers!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love reddit. They're the easiest to bait.

I made a random post (yeah I touch the poop it's hilarious) that nerds hate minorities and especially when they touch their precious superhero movies. Just see Captain Marvel or whoever they rage against.

I got several posts that were massively long I didn't read that started talking about why Captain Marvel was awful and overpowered and not because she was a woman, and the Black Panther is just a bad character, not because he's black and blah blah

I thought all superheroes were overpowered? That's how you know they win right? If they weren't overpowered then they aren't really super? If I want a realistic struggle I won't turn to man who shoots suns out of his eyes or something.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

syntaxfunction posted:

I love reddit. They're the easiest to bait.

I made a random post (yeah I touch the poop it's hilarious) that nerds hate minorities and especially when they touch their precious superhero movies. Just see Captain Marvel or whoever they rage against.

I got several posts that were massively long I didn't read that started talking about why Captain Marvel was awful and overpowered and not because she was a woman, and the Black Panther is just a bad character, not because he's black and blah blah

I thought all superheroes were overpowered? That's how you know they win right? If they weren't overpowered then they aren't really super? If I want a realistic struggle I won't turn to man who shoots suns out of his eyes or something.

great post
thank you for you're service

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you make a slightly ironic silly joke on reddit they get real angry at you and downvote you for not making serious posts or posting song lyrics or making a LOTR reference

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I had a post deleted. Just zap, gone. I remember having a tonne of downvotes.

The thread was "What celebrity do you want to see become bankrupt and homeless?" or something.

I said Keanu Reeves. Reddit lost their poo poo.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Stop posting on Reddit maybe

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

The thread was "What celebrity do you want to see become bankrupt and homeless?" or something.

Lmao.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

You absolute monster lol.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Stop posting on Reddit maybe

I can spend like three seconds making a dumb post, and know that internet nerds are very mad and that makes me very happy. So I will keep doing that, thanks tho!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

syntaxfunction posted:

:mods:

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

syntaxfunction posted:

lmao you monster

reddit status: trolled once again

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

syntaxfunction posted:

:master:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

syntaxfunction posted:

Elon Musk. The site would probably go down from all the angry fanboy responses.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Elon Musk. The site would probably go down from all the angry fanboy responses.

eh, this seems like a thing of the past (thank goodness) - i've been seeing quite a few posts/comments critical of him as of late. plus - and correct me if i'm wrong - but i'm pretty sure Reddit started to become disillusioned with Musk back when he accused that diver guy who helped save those Thai children from a flooded cave of being a pedo, for the crime of not admiring Musk's genius mini-sub design enough

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nurmie posted:

eh, this seems like a thing of the past (thank goodness) - i've been seeing quite a few posts/comments critical of him as of late. plus - and correct me if i'm wrong - but i'm pretty sure Reddit started to become disillusioned with Musk back when he accused that diver guy who helped save those Thai children from a flooded cave of being a pedo, for the crime of not admiring Musk's genius mini-sub design enough

but didn't you hear how he recently owned the world's starving population by dangling $6B of food aid, but only if it could solve the entire problem of worldwide food security in one shot? i made the mistake of visiting reddit out of boredom last week and saw several front page posts celebrating his epic takedown (although i think the most popular one came from the jorgan podcast people, so the well was already poisoned).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If he's so smart, why can't he figure out where to allocate six billion for effective global food aid? Where'd he come up with the figure?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

presumably if someone came up with a solution he'd call them a paedophile and take his money and go home

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

syntaxfunction posted:

:thurman:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Brawnfire posted:

If he's so smart, why can't he figure out where to allocate six billion for effective global food aid? Where'd he come up with the figure?

It was a study saying that ensuring food security for at least 95% of people in every country in the world would cost $11 billion and have a return of $5 billion.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

He's probably gonna try to solve it with some dumbass submarine tunnel or something

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ackshully u can solve hunger by simply killing all the poor, this solution has the greatest mathematical utility, my IQ is 162 :tech:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

New reddit meta - post videos of your favorite musicians (who all happen to be white) stopping their shows to stop a crowd crush happening.
They're just all dripping so wet with racism. Big "you can't spell crap without rap" energy on literally every post.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Slotducks posted:

New reddit meta - post videos of your favorite musicians (who all happen to be white) stopping their shows to stop a crowd crush happening.
They're just all dripping so wet with racism. Big "you can't spell crap without rap" energy on literally every post.

Yeah, while everything that happened during that fest is undeniably a tremendous and terrible fuckup on the part of organisers (and Travis Scott too, to a degree), reddit's been going some, uh, interesting places over it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

nurmie posted:

Yeah, while everything that happened during that fest is undeniably a tremendous and terrible fuckup on the part of organisers (and Travis Scott too, to a degree), reddit's been going some, uh, interesting places over it.

I'm absolutely shocked by this unexpected development

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

dae rare gem

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

...is that a new comic? Are people still making comics of obvious Mario jokes with no backgrounds? Or am I back in the 2000s?

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
only 90s kids will remember this old gem :)

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Slotducks posted:

Found the Travis Scott fan

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Brawnfire posted:

...is that a new comic? Are people still making comics of obvious Mario jokes with no backgrounds? Or am I back in the 2000s?

No they’ve found a new and worse way to draw the Mario brothers so it’s worth seeing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

who is travis scott. Also what’s a reddit

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

not much what's a reddit with you

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
https://twitter.com/iamRahul20x/status/1455950491658117125?t=Qk0P-BDWyunifZuUd-JJNQ&s=19

Can someone sit me down and explain to me why this isn't just making reddit more of a walled garden by incentivising constant engagement?

And how this addresses any of the concerns over sale of data and lack of privacy.

No web3 jargon.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It is and it doesn't. It's an invention in search of a purpose that delivers precisely nothing.

Decentralise social media is a dumb loving idea. It's just nerds who think throwing the Blockchain at everything will legitimise it despite it never helping anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

the_sea_hag posted:

https://twitter.com/iamRahul20x/status/1455950491658117125?t=Qk0P-BDWyunifZuUd-JJNQ&s=19

Can someone sit me down and explain to me why this isn't just making reddit more of a walled garden by incentivising constant engagement?

And how this addresses any of the concerns over sale of data and lack of privacy.

No web3 jargon.

I know these are words in the English language, but strung together, I have no clue what they mean