Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

oh god dammit that's when I stopped playing, if I have to play through a lovely story to get caught up on the lostbelts I'm gonna die instead

also saying FGO has a good story top to bottom makes me wonder if they've blacked Septem from their memories.

edit: also its kind of not fair to compare FGO's massive hand job to the fate franchise's story vs a mostly original IP's story

I didn't say it's good top to bottom, I said it's better than genshin top to bottom

genshin writing is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If you say so

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Anyone help a newb out and suggest a good fourth character from this meager list? I feel pretty good about the three already at level 40 - IDK if it's a good comp or whatever but I like playing the characters and for now I think that's enough.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Anno posted:

Anyone help a newb out and suggest a good fourth character from this meager list? I feel pretty good about the three already at level 40 - IDK if it's a good comp or whatever but I like playing the characters and for now I think that's enough.

Beidou would be a good 4th if you're mostly using Razor to fight stuff, since they'll both generate electro particles to help fuel each others' bursts, and also because her chain lightning does damage without her having to be on the field which pairs well with Razor who can't swap out during his burst without losing it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anno posted:

razor + a cryo character is a pretty good combo because razor is a physical dps and cryo + electro makes superconduct, which reduces enemy physical defense. idk if aloy is the best choice for that but if youre enjoying it it should be fine.

and yeah, beidou'd work alright. electro resonance from having two electro characters in the party would also get you more particles, which means more bursts.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kale posted:

Speaking of Genshin Impact in the thread for the game Genshin Impact by Shanghai Mihoyo I can't wait to play the game Genshin Impact which is in the topic list for this thread on my fancy new gaming PC. Hopefully I can carry my user data for the video game Genshin Impact which this thread is about discussing over to a PC account without too much hassle and enjoy a more optimal experience than on PS4.

I'd rather talk about fgo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beidou has an amazingly solid all-round kit and can really ramp up the damage on a team capable of generating a lot of elemental reactions during her burst.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Maxwell Adams posted:

Thoma seems like a support for a character that isn't in the game yet. He would work great with a hydro Diluc. Or maybe he turns Yae Miko into the overload queen.

He's real good with Hu Tao/XQ/Anemo but that's about it. Especially if you get him to C6 while whaling for Hu Tao.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
He works pretty well with Yoimiya IMO. Lets Yoimiya stand still and turret more by giving her a shield to stop flinching and also provides damage to trigger Yoimiya's burst if you don't want to switch off of her.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Anno posted:

razor, beidou, diona, aloy/kaeya. it has tons of particle generation, a healer, a shield (two if beidou is c1), and interrupt resistance from beidou and razor's ults.

e: sorry, I misread, but if you choose just one, go with beidou to fit with razor

padijun fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 7, 2021

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Does the energy recharge stat just affect how much energy the character with the stat gains? Or does it affect how much any character would gain from a particle created by the person with the stat?

For example if I’ve got 175% on Diona, would Ayaka gain more energy from particles created by Diona that Ayaka picks up, or it doesn’t make a difference?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

This is the best artifact route video I've seen (ignoring the cannon silliness), that caused me to make a lot of changes to shorten my run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rCqevv-USg&list=WL&index=8&t=614s

Good lord it's like every point respawns. :aaaaa:

I also had no idea you could teleport in the area and not have it locked you out. It seems to despawn shinies on area transition so my Kannazuka run was this weird up/down crazy ride. Time to unlearn a year of autopilot runs.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

theblackw0lf posted:

Does the energy recharge stat just affect how much energy the character with the stat gains? Or does it affect how much any character would gain from a particle created by the person with the stat?

For example if I’ve got 175% on Diona, would Ayaka gain more energy from particles created by Diona that Ayaka picks up, or it doesn’t make a difference?

Energy Recharge only affects the character who has it. Ayaka must have ER to gain any additional energy from Diona's particles.

Characters will gain MORE energy from particles that match their element, however. So Diona's cryo particles will generate more energy for Ayaka than particles from a non-cryo unit, like Bennett.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 7, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

Awesome, thanks folks. Beidou it is! I just need to find a weapon for her. I pulled a Rainslasher from the standard banner, but EM seems kind of wasted on electro characters? I also have one claymore billet if any of those are good options.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Hazdoc posted:

Energy Recharge only affects the character who has it. Ayaka must have ER to gain any additional energy from Diona's particles.

Characters will gain MORE energy from particles that match their element, however. So Diona's cryo particles will generate more energy for Ayaka than particles from a non-cryo unit, like Bennett.

So having more energy recharge on Diona really only benefits Diona in terms of gaining energy.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Anno posted:

Awesome, thanks folks. Beidou it is! I just need to find a weapon for her. I pulled a Rainslasher from the standard banner, but EM seems kind of wasted on electro characters? I also have one claymore billet if any of those are good options.

She had a good recent event weapon (the fish claymore) but if you missed that, the Inazuman ER claymore is probably the best thing you can craft with a billet. Katsugiriki, or something like that. It has a somewhat annoying passive but at least it has ER.

If you can pull a Sacrificial Greatsword or Favonius Greatsword from the banner those would go good on her. Her burst cost is really high and alleviating that is always beneficial.

If you're still not to Inazuma yet then crafting Prototype Archaic is okay. You'll get more billets anyway.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Anno posted:

I would make a prototype archaic from the billet if all I had was the rainslasher

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Anno posted:

The fish sword from the last event is great if you were around for it, otherwise you should just use the craftable Prototype Archaic.
Katsugiri Nagamasa is another craftable sword that's probably pretty good for her but you won't get the blueprint until you get to Fantasy Japan in the main story quest around AR35.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Baiard posted:

She had a good recent event weapon (the fish claymore) but if you missed that, the Inazuman ER claymore is probably the best thing you can craft with a billet. Katsugiriki, or something like that. It has a somewhat annoying passive but at least it has ER.

If you can pull a Sacrificial Greatsword or Favonius Greatsword from the banner those would go good on her. Her burst cost is really high and alleviating that is always beneficial.

If you're still not to Inazuma yet then crafting Prototype Archaic is okay. You'll get more billets anyway.

I do have a Favonius GS sitting on Noelle that I can switch out and/or I’ll look into crafting the Prototype. Thanks again!

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

So having more energy recharge on Diona really only benefits Diona in terms of gaining energy.

Correct, and she doesn't really need it. Especially if you've got her a sacrificial bow.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Anno posted:

I do have a Favonius GS sitting on Noelle that I can switch out and/or I’ll look into crafting the Prototype. Thanks again!

Prototype works well on Razor too. Noelle works well with the Whiteblind craftable, so once you get a 2nd billet you could give Beidou the Fav and have all 3 decently geared.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Eula and her story quest are both terrible

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
agreed op

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Burned my way through all the Inazuma main story quests to get into this labyrinth thing.

Huh. This is gonna take awhile isn't it

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not so bad if you make liberal use of the spell cards you get, if you could do Inazuma you'll be fine with it most likely (I cleared it with free characters + beidou at level 80 and 5-ish talents).

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
It's unfortunate all these events require a certain level of story progression. In the Guoba event, we saw Chongyun and Xinyan introduced with an onscreen paragraph saying who they were. I hope there's some kind of plan to let people do events without requiring twenty hours of questing first, maybe the introductions for Chongyun and Xinyan are a step towards a method for allowing that

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm supposed to be defending this widget against the monsters, but Yoimiya prefers to shoot the widget

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

bandaid.friend posted:

It's unfortunate all these events require a certain level of story progression. In the Guoba event, we saw Chongyun and Xinyan introduced with an onscreen paragraph saying who they were. I hope there's some kind of plan to let people do events without requiring twenty hours of questing first, maybe the introductions for Chongyun and Xinyan are a step towards a method for allowing that

Those introductions only happened because those two characters had literally never once appeared in any story content.
It wasn't to help out new players who hadn't met them yet.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm supposed to be defending this widget against the monsters, but Yoimiya prefers to shoot the widget

She found a target she can reliably hit, let her have this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

She found a target she can reliably hit, let her have this.

is she secretly lunamaria

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This video almost had me ready to invest in Diona but then I noticed the R5 Amos Bow and I was like 'Ah.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WS8bMp_2p8

Anyway, construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8l1yhf5cus

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boat Stuck posted:

Eula and her story quest are both terrible

My vengeance for this post will be legendary

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Who would a R5 Wavebreaker's Fin serve best on? I got a homa for Hu Tao and Engulfing Lightning for Raiden. Don't have The Catch R5 yet. Have a C6 Xiangling and a C6 Thoma, a C0 Zhongli, and a C2 Rosaria I don't use much

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

Who would a R5 Wavebreaker's Fin serve best on? I got a homa for Hu Tao and Engulfing Lightning for Raiden. Don't have The Catch R5 yet. Have a C6 Xiangling and a C6 Thoma, a C0 Zhongli, and a C2 Rosaria I don't use much
It seems alright for a DPS Thoma build, but unfortunately DPS Thoma does not seem alright. Even with Catch not being R5, I think it'd be better than Wavebreaker's for Xiangling since she wants the Energy Recharge. Might be better for Zhongli if catch isn't R5, depending on the team? Seems like it'd also be good for Rosaria.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What would a person do with an Aquila favonia they get the same day they leveled a second skyward blade to 90.

Besides tilt.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

put it on bennet

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Osmosisch posted:

My vengeance for this post will be legendary

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kater posted:

What would a person do with an Aquila favonia they get the same day they leveled a second skyward blade to 90.

Besides tilt.

its good for a phys keqing if you do that, like ever

it also gives bennett a bit more base attack to pass on with his burst, though the lack of ER may or may not be an issue.

someday we'll get a better focused phys carry on a sword, and aquila favonia will probably be up there for weapon choices

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

kater posted:

DPS Jean/Qiqi or phys Keq, or even something weird like DPS Kaeya. Maybe DPS no-element Traveler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

MotU posted:

At R5 Wavebreaker is Xiangling's unambiguous BiS, over Homa and Engulfing Lightning, in most teams. You can treat it as basically a refinement 7-ish The Catch most of the time

kater posted:

Besides tilt.

Boring answer: Bennett
Good answer: Physical dps Qiqi