Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

limp_cheese posted:

What in the gently caress? Outing a dude as a pedophile on national Tv and there were not immediately cops there to arrest him? And the show knew about this beforehand? Just what the gently caress....
I want to clarify before dropping the topic - the show's premise is that people have to answer intensely personal questions while hooked up to a lie detector, and if they pass 21 questions they get half a million dollars, and I think they can tap out if a question is too much for them. So there's nobody to arrest because it's not evidence-based, it's just reflecting her belief, although it's grim as all hell and should be investigated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for asking a girl to stop fidgeting in a movie theatre?

quote:

I don’t feel like I’m (30F) the rear end in a top hat in the situation, but I’m genuinely curious what others think.

I went to see Dune tonight. Absolutely fantastic movie, but I unfortunately had someone sitting next to me who wasn’t so fantastic. The movie starts and all is fine. The girl next to meets starts eating. Still all good. Everyone snacks at the beginning of films. Well this girl ate for at least an hour. She would stuff her mouth full of popcorn then chomp down on it with her mouth wide open until it was gone. And not even a millisecond after she swallowed, she was doing it all over again. It went on until the bag was empty. And she had a large. She barely stopped for air, and I'm surprised she didn’t choke. Then the candy bags come out. Two of them. Again, I get there's going to be a certain amount of noise opening things, but wow. Someone sitting in front of them even turned around because of it. She's totally oblivious.

So she finally finishes eating and my movie buddy (MB) and I breathe a sigh of relief. No more noise! And that's true, no more noise. Because now, she's grabbed onto the string from her hoodie and is spinning/twisting it over and over. Constantly. And her arms are raised, so it's very obvious. It was bothering MB as well. This wasn't just natural fidgeting to get comfy or such. After about 20 minutes of it, it was enough. It was non stop and distracting. So I leaned over and I want to stress this, I very politely said, "I'm sorry to ask, but could you please stop doing that? It's very distracting". She turned to me, scoffed with a nasty look and said no. I looked away for a second, somewhat stunned by her rude reaction, then turned back and said, "Next time, stay at home".

She turned back to me, and again very rudely said she won't stop and that she has OCD. She went to say something else, but I put my hand up and stopped her. I wasn't about to start arguing with someone in a movie theatre and wreck everyone else's night out. So I had my arm up for over an hour with my fingers blocking her movements. I probably would've just done that, but of course I was at the gym yesterday and had worked on arms , so they and my shoulder were sore af.

If the girl has OCD, then I totally understand. The impulse, repetition....she can't help it. But she was so bloody nasty about it. It felt really unnecessary. So was I the rear end in a top hat?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

Did this person physically restrain a stranger?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Slimy Hog posted:

I think they legit did "talk to the hand" for an hour?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

I thought just blocked her from his vision, but it's reddit so who knows

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Post is a year old and I can't remember it being posted before, but it's beautiful!

AITA for asking what my friend sees in his wife?

quote:

Although I stand strong in my beliefs, my friends told me that what I did was not ok and I think now I feel conflicted so I am making this post. I don't think I'm wrong though and youll see why.

My friend is VERY very good-looking. He met his wife before he met me around 7? years ago through school or something, and she's .. a mess. I mean she's not the ugliest, but she's really tiny and kinda pudgy she has an acne problem which I don't understand since she's 27. She also has a double-chin when she speaks which isn't the WORST i guess, but compared to my friend who is SO good-looking she's.. basically like a 2. The only thing I can give her is that she's kinda funny and she is book smart/ok job i guess. But that's IT. I have tried my hardest to hint to my friend that he's young, he's only 25, he can find someone else, even I'm open to dating him (he's GORGEOUS) but hes never caught any hints. It's like he's under a spell.

His wife is pregnant atm which is frustrating cos I havent seen him in a while (virus) and we used to call at least semi-regularly but now he can't because she makes him wait on her hand and foot and he's lovesick for some reason. FINALLY got to video-call him the other day after weeks and he looked tired but happy and gorgeous as ever. She came to say hi and she's REALLY let herself go. I couldn't even look at her straight without grimacing, she was a mess. When she left the room all he talked about was her and baby this and baby that, and she this and she that and "she's glowing" and poo poo. It's like we see two different people!

Finally I couldn't take it anymore and asked what exactly he sees in her. He was like what do you mean, so I gave him some examples (that i put above). Instead of talking to me like an adult, he went really silent and when I was like what is it and he said "do you mean that?" and I said "yes..?" and he said "I'm way too tired for this" ??? and then he suddenly hung up on me and before I even had space to breathe, BLOCKED ME EVERYWHERE. ?????

I really DO NOT understand what I said wrong. I really do want to know what he sees in her, they don't even have the same interests! My friends are since then hounding me about how I could say that, and everyone I talk to seems to be getting mad at me? I don't think I am, but AITA? I really don't want to lose him over something to do with HER, so should i just apologise?

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

Post is a year old and I can't remember it being posted before, but it's beautiful!

Holy poo poo. Props to the dude for immediately blocking this clown.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

quote:

even I'm open to dating him

What if we were to date? Hahaha jk!...unless???

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The Maroon Hawk posted:

What if we were to date? Hahaha jk!...unless???

Pretty much just this oh my god.
This woman is loving awful. At least she put it all out there so he can get away from her.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

that fact he went to full on blocked communication means she's probably been overly flirty and making little comments for years that he ignored hoping it would go away but her giving him a gettysburg address on why he should leave his wife was probably the final straw.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

Pretty impressive that she went for "you can do better" when he's literally in the middle of talking about how much he's looking forward to having kid with his wife and how she's glowing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also "Your wife really let herself go" when she's pregnant. Does this woman know how pregnancy works?

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

hallo spacedog posted:

Pretty much just this oh my god.
This woman is loving awful. At least she put it all out there so he can get away from her.

I've always felt sorry for the people whose entire social paradigm is based on conventional beauty. Most people are only western-media level attractive for a relatively short period of time of their life. What happens when they no longer meet that very strict, narrow, criteria? What a shallow, sad life they must live.

Also gently caress this woman for being a bad friend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Also "Your wife really let herself go" when she's pregnant. Does this woman know how pregnancy works?

A lot of doctors in Asia would side with her. Its really common for pregnant women to be told they're allowed to gain only a few pounds or in the case of one of my friends who was 5'4 and a 130 pounds "congratulations, the baby will help you hit your target weight"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA For refusing to use hand sanitizer?

quote:

I 25F work as a grocery store cashier. We all know why the store keeps bottles of hand sanitizer at every station, including dispensers. The sanitizer has a strong smell that I can’t get rid of no matter how many times I wash my hands. I have to soak in the tub for an hour to get rid of that chemical smell. I have pet birds and for those of you who don’t know, birds have very sensitive respiratory systems. I’m concerned the chemical smell of the sanitizer could hurt them. One day I had to change my register’s trash can. My next customer, who watched me do it demanded I use hand sanitizer before touching her items since I just handled the trash. I refused for the reasons I stated above. I also explained that my trash can had no germs because being a register trash can, it was literally only full of paper. She refused to take the receipt from me so I just shoved it in her bag once I was done bagging her groceries. She then proceeded to pump an absurd amount of sanitizer into her hand and rub it all over her bags and items, glaring at me with disgust whilst I probably looked at her like she was crazy. AITA?

Uh, yeah, rear end in a top hat. I don't use the poo poo sanitizer my work provides because it reeks like gasoline, so I use my own. Which is sometimes on my hands when I handle my pets, ranging from cats to snakes to fish.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA For refusing to use hand sanitizer?

Uh, yeah, rear end in a top hat. I don't use the poo poo sanitizer my work provides because it reeks like gasoline, so I use my own. Which is sometimes on my hands when I handle my pets, ranging from cats to snakes to fish.

What is this, Superstore?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Buy your own sanitiser, keep the receipts, claim it back on tax.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

spouse posted:

Also the boyfriend is Gus Johnson the internet comedian, so that's a fun thing.
Content warning for abortion and emotional abuse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXuo4fclcw
Oh no :( he got milkshake ducked

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh man you guys are missing this. it's still ongoing

AITA for choosing my deceased son's girlfriend over my daughter?

quote:

My (47F) son unexpectedly passed away at the beginning of last year at the age of nineteen.

It also changed his little sister (15F) in a huge way. She went from a sweet girl to a very mean-spirited person. She and her brother had been the closest of friends their entire life and suddenly losing her best friend was a very difficult change for her.

Before my son passed, he met a girl. The relationship progressed very quickly, and he ended up getting this girl pregnant only a few months into the relationship.

My daughter and my son's girlfriend were very good friends before, but when my daughter found out about the pregnancy, it was obvious she wasn't happy. She started ignoring his girlfriend and making rude comments about her.

When the baby was born, there was a clear difference in how she treated her other niece and how she treated her new niece. I talked to her about it and she claimed she just didn't like babies.

Anyways, my son passed when the baby was still a newborn. His girlfriend said she couldn't afford their apartment without my son and we decided that she and the baby could move in with us. She would stay in my daughter's bedroom since it's bigger and my daughter would move into my son's childhood bedroom.

Last week, my daughter and son's girlfriend got into a disagreement. My son's girlfriend was annoyed because my daughter is apparently too loud at night and disturbs her and the baby. My daughter said that she isn't loud at night, but if my son's girlfriend is bothered, she needs to go get her own place to stay. I've never seen either of them so upset before, there was name-calling and cursing. The day after we had a discussion and my son's girlfriend apologized.

This morning, I took my son's girlfriend out to breakfast and left my daughter with the baby. When we got back home, my daughter was sitting there calmly feeding the baby. My son's girlfriend went upstairs to her room and screamed. I went up there and was shocked. There was a hole in the wall and stuff had been thrown everywhere. She kept all my son's stuff in her room and that had been destroyed also. The baby stuff, pictures of my son, her clothes, makeup. EVERYTHING. Some stuff had even been thrown outside into the backyard.

It was obvious my daughter had done it and she admitted it. She said she didn't know why she had. I was furious with her. I could not believe my own child had done something this vile. I went into my daughter's room, packed a backpack, and told her to get in the car. My daughter began to cry her eyes out. I drove her an hour and 30 minutes to her aunt's house and left her there. As I was dropping her off she started screaming about how much she hates me and his girlfriend. There is no excuse for this behavior.

tl;dr : My daughter destroyed her brother's girlfriends belongings and I sent her to my sister's house.

AITA?

:siren: daughter responds :siren:

quote:

Wow mom, I thought people were pranking me.

First off, yes I did it. I will happily admit that, but secondly, you never listen to me anymore. It's girlfriend this and baby that. I told you no when you said you wanted to move them into MY ROOM. I said no and you told me I was selfish and to think of my brother. I wanted you to come to therapy with me. You refused. I have been asking for help for months and all you care about is that stupid girl and the baby. WHY DON'T I MATTER?

they have been fighting in the comments for five hours, there's...a lot.

OP:

quote:

His girlfriend doesn't have parents. She was kicked out the moment she turned 18 and has been going from place to place since then. I did not want to do that to her yet again

Daughter:

quote:

But yet you kicked me out and you didn’t give two shits about them for months

quote:

The family is getting screenshots of everything.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ABLOO HOO HOO MY BEDROOM PUT THAT BITCH OUT ON THE STREET

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Thumbtacks posted:

oh man you guys are missing this. it's still ongoing

AITA for choosing my deceased son's girlfriend over my daughter?

:siren: daughter responds :siren:

they have been fighting in the comments for five hours, there's...a lot.

You’re not kidding. Surprise plot twist:

random commenter posted:

Is that girl commenting actually your daughter????

OP posted:

Nope. I asked her what her cats name is, haven't gotten a reply.

Shyamalan’s Cat posted:

There is no cat because if there was i wouldn't have left without it.
But way to make yourself look worse that you would have made me abandon a cat.

OP posted:

My daughter has a little white cat named Snoopy. I don't know what you're on about.

Shyamalan’s Cat posted:

No I don't mom, but if I did have a cat, you'd force me to abandon a cat

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'm still trying to understand the whole forcing the daughter to live in her dead brother's room.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Says that room is bigger. So mostly likely easier to fit a bed and a crib into it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thread is sadly locked. But imagine the fun in store when the girlfriend starts dating again.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Aww, and I'd just made popcorn

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm still trying to understand the whole forcing the daughter to live in her dead brother's room.

The dead brother was the golden child; the daughter is the scapegoat. The mom loves the DIL more due to her brief association with the son instead of her own daughter whom she clearly despises. Forcing her into her dead brother's room is insult to injury. She may indeed say the reason is the room is bigger but this kind of reinforces rather than negates the point.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Thread is sadly locked. But imagine the fun in store when the girlfriend starts dating again.

I imagine the mom will move him into the house, throw the daughter in the street, and cut the new beau's hair to look like her dead son and force him to wear his old clothes. There was a post like that (possibly involving identical twins?) that was a real doozy.

AITA for flushing the toilet with my feet?

quote:

Somtimes I accidentally wash my hands before flushing the toilet, since my hands are already clean I don’t want to touch that so I use my feet.

If you get off the toilet after whiplashing the poo poo off your freaking rear end in a top hat and then touch the handle with all those germs and poo poo, why is it suddenly a problem if I washed before I flush and I use my big toe!?

My brother and sister both thing this is creepy for some reason. They aren’t bad people I just think they might have a foot phobia.

(I may have traumatised them) because my feet and more like hands I can spread them apart and grab things too (I even solved a Rubik’s cube with my feet)

Anyway I don’t think I’m the rear end in a top hat, what do you think?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 7, 2021

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How often do you wash your feet I think is more the issue. Not as often as your hands, I bet.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

What are they touching with their feet that they view this a problem? Does someone in their family have no arms?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Invisible Clergy posted:

How can anyone possibly care enough about this to have an argument that needs outside arbitration. Go outside, hell, just turn on the TV or something.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Also why do they even know his flushing technique? Are they watching him piss?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ibntumart posted:

You’re not kidding. Surprise plot twist:

oh god this is amazing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

WIBTA for leaving a guy because he farted on me

quote:

Weve only been together 3m so not long enough to get over this. It was absolutely rancid too. He was sitting on my lap while we were cuddling and he ripped one right on my leg. He says it was by accident but I swear I felt him push. The whole thing really hindered my attraction to him and im embarrassed that he would do something so gross to me. I'd never fart next to him let alone on him. If anything the fact that he doesnt care hurts my feelings a bitAita if I leave him

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mx. posted:

Lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mx. posted:

Too late for that now, he's claimed his territory

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for trolling in the math evaluation exam?

quote:

This happened a few years ago while I was still in high school, but I still don't really know if I was in the wrong on this one.

In my country, there's these exams called INVALSI, which serve to evaluate students in the country in various subjects, one of them being math. Now, I always hated, and I mean HATED math, but above all else, I hated these pointless exams that have no effect on my grades. I decided that I couldn't be bothered with sitting there for two hours trying to solve these problems and basically just trolled. I just wrote some random math terms and some other nonsense (no profanity, vulgar symbols or anything offensive though) and called it a day.

A while after this exam, I got called in by the principle. She told me what you'd expect - that these evaluations are important for the country and that I should take them seriously. Of course I agreed and nodded my head etc., but in reality, I didn't really care about any of that. My mentality was that I was here to get my diploma and get out, nothing more and nothing less. I'm not gonna put effort into a test when there's literally no benefit for doing so. I have enough tests and studying to do as it is. No, either grade me or don't give me a test. I understand why these evaluations are important, but for me, as a student, they're just a waste of time.

The irony is that afterwards, my math teacher told me that, because of me, in the future they were gonna give grades for these tests. I still don't really know if that's good or bad, or if I should feel bad about that. I mean I was 15, it's not like I was thinking very far ahead.

So AITA for trolling that math test?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Also why do they even know his flushing technique? Are they watching him piss?

I'm guessing they heard him walk out without washing his hands and told him he was gross, and he told them about the foot thing as an excuse.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Who lingers outside the door listening for water? Why are OP's family volunteer toilet cops?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Invisible Clergy posted:

Who lingers outside the door listening for water? Why are OP's family volunteer toilet cops?

Eh, depends on how the place is set up.
My old apartment was so small and the lounge was right next to the bathroom so i could absolutely hear that my housemate never washed his drat hands ever, even after making GBS threads, because noise travelled through the thin rear end door no matter how loud I had the tv.
Could also hear the upstairs neighbours bathroom activities. They washed their hands. And played marbles in the bath, from the sound of it.

Housemate got sick with stomach problems a lot, for reasons unknown to him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Too late for that now, he's claimed his territory

She's out trying to find a single guy and all the males are skittering around, doing the Fleischmann nose, they don't go near her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Invisible Clergy posted:

It doesn’t matter how nice you are when you’re telling certain people something they don’t want to hear. You will always have been too rude for them so they have a way to get upset and try to make you the bad guy like in this story where a woman got upset at someone for having OCD in public then shushed them like a child so they wouldn’t have an argument they started.