Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Which promising Liverpool youth player is he going to spend way too much on this time

Sheyi Ojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I could see him paying 30-40 mil for Takumi Minamino.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1456623443500281862?s=20

No matter how badly your week is going, I can guarantee you're having a better one than Dele Alli

Doesn't he have a couple of good games under new managers or was that just under Mourinho?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's one of these repeated myths that dele is "lazy". Under poch he regularly ran the most out of the whole team during games he was a key part in the game plan of crazy pressing from the front.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Someone on reddit basically put together a list of Eddie Howe transfers and it's not really that bad considering the impacts they had (if you ignore the 40mil in dead weight that's omitted (Brad Smith, Mousset, Afobe, Gadel, Grabban, Iturbe)

DOMINIC SOLANKE - Bought: £19 million. Sold: Still here.
A widely mocked transfer, it took Solanke a while to get going at Bournemouth. Whilst the transfer fee may still look steep, he has become the focal point of the club’s attack, and currently has 12 goals from 17 matches this season. If Bournemouth go up, I’m confident he’ll prove his worth.

JORDON IBE - Bought: £15 million. Sold: £0
The one total failure on the list. To pin this solely on Howe is unfair however, as Ibe’s repeated struggles off the pitch with depression hampered his attempts to kick on at Dean Court.

NATHAN AKE - Bought: £20 million. Sold: £41 million.
Probably the best player to have worn the shirt, he gave Bournemouth consistent excellence, before being sold for a profit to Manchester City, with Howe doubling his money.

ARNAUT DANJUMA - Bought: £14 million. Sold: £21.3 million
His start was thwarted by injury but was easily one of the best players in the Championship last season. Got in the Team of the Year and was sold for a profit to Villarreal.

TYRONE MINGS - Bought: £8 million. Sold: £25 million.
Never really caught fire at Bournemouth but Howe nearly tripled his money here.

CALLUM WILSON - Bought: £3 million. Sold: £20 million.
A brilliant striker for multiple seasons. Gave Bournemouth fans wonderful memories and departed for a large profit.

JOSH KING - Bought: free. Sold: nominal fee of approx £2/3million.
The club’s top scorer across the 5 seasons we spent in the Prem. Shame Bournemouth couldn’t shift him for more money but clearly a successful signing.

PHILIP BILLING - Bought: £15 million. Sold: Still here.
As with Solanke, an uncertain start, but he is now proving his worth in the Championship. Turned into one of the best attack minded midfielders in the league, and is getting better and better.

AARON RAMSDALE - Bought: £800,000. Sold: £18.5 million
Was named Player of the Year in his last season here, a top goalkeeper, who was sold for a huge profit to Sheffield Utd.

JEFFERSON LERMA - Bought: £25 million. Sold: Still here.
Our club record fee, but he has been one of the team’s most consistent top-performing players in the side for successive years.

MATT RITCHIE - Bought: £400,000. Sold: £11 million.
A wonderful player who played an immense part in Bournemouth’s rise. A handsome profit made.

RYAN FRASER - Bought: £400,000. Sold: free.
A player who Howe picked up and turned into one of the best wingers in the league for a season or two. Could’ve fetched a large sum for him if he hadn’t downed tools and refused to play in the relegation battle.

LEWIS COOK: Bought: £6.5 million. Sold: Still here.
An immensely talented player whose bursts of excellence have been stunted by injury.

He also brought in Danny Ings and Tippier when he was at Burnley

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

That list of Eddie Howe's good transfers sure does look good because of how it doesn't include all his bad transfers, for sure

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

It's one of these repeated myths that dele is "lazy". Under poch he regularly ran the most out of the whole team during games he was a key part in the game plan of crazy pressing from the front.

He also lost the ball more than anyone in the PL. How is that lazy?!?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also im not exactly convinced by multiple >10m signings who turned out to be good Championship-level players

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

That list of Eddie Howe's good transfers sure does look good because of how it doesn't include all his bad transfers, for sure

Hard to argue that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Would Howe even be doing the transfers at Newcastle? I would think they would just be calling up Mendes or Joorabchian and saying that they’ll take whatever they have.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jippa posted:

??

https://youtu.be/umwyowf58ew

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Bogan Krkic posted:

Which promising Liverpool youth player is he going to spend way too much on this time

Ben Woodburn, Nat Phillips, and Sheyi Ojo are all set for a Saudi Payrise! Maybe they can fund our belated Wijnaldum replacement in January.

EDIT: Comedy answer is Phillipe Coutinho, considering Barca still owe us enough of the transfer fee remainder that we can probably still legally claim him as ours, the dirty bastards.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
is it a comedy answer if they're all actually upgrades :stonklol:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vyelkin posted:

Here lies Solanke
He never scored

He's lighting it up in the Championship right now, though! :)

11 goals in 16 matches.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Solanke the newest promising talent to stumble into the Bamford Zone, forever trapped between divisions until someone says his name backwards or something

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Please sir, I'm going to need you to isolate only games where Dele "played a key part and was part of crazy pressing"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sassassin posted:

He also lost the ball more than anyone in the PL. How is that lazy?!?

Isn't that Trent

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

the sex ghost posted:

These days if you're English and you manage a football club they sack you and put you in jail

In jail? Just for being English??

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

TheRat posted:

Isn't that Trent
The irony of a United fan with AWB at right back saying this. :ironicat:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

an_mutt posted:

The irony of a United fan with AWB at right back saying this. :ironicat:

It wasn't a dig, it's literally true

https://punditarena.com/football/daniel-hussey/trent-alexander-arnold-leicester-possession/

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

I know that you have a terminal case of United Brain and are only capable of judging players from their worst performances, but maybe compare the two players over the last few seasons and not just one spell where the entire Liverpool team poo poo the bed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

uh, ok? A bit of a weird meltdown

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

uh, ok? A bit of a weird meltdown

Lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

put out the call, lads

a zidane or a stevebruce

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1457005602459238403

https://twitter.com/UtdDistrict/status/1457010928231272459

lomzus fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 6, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

So what's the excuse for all the other players?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

pik_d posted:

So what's the excuse for all the other players?

Ole's at the wheel,
Tell me how does it feel,
We’ve got Sanchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,
Marcus Rashford, a Manc born and bred,
Duh du, du du du du du!
Duh du, du du du du du!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm hearing City fans were singing the first part of Sublime - Santeria and the police are investigating it as a possible death threat

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Yes....Rashford was the problem today.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Lol Chelsea, good to see a European power still troubled by the Diet of Worms

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Daniel Farke has been sacked.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Daniel Farke has been sacked.

A bit odd one this to me. I figured they were all in agreement that Norwich didn't stand a chance anyway?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Kinda funny to sack him after they finally win a game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Probably, but 5 points and a -21 goal difference after 11 games isn't the best. I guess they figure that there's enough poo poo teams in the league that they have a chance. They're bad, but at this stage only a couple of wins from getting out of the relegation zone, which isn't unimaginable.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DAZN_CA/status/1457075313259601924

Owen talking sense for the first time in his life.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Has anyone considered the possibility that he was sacked because they won? The only way Norwich can win a trophy is by getting relegated and winning the Championship again. Can't have a winning manager threaten that!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
according to some very reliable twitter ITKs it was already decided after the chelsea game just an unfortunate look as they happened to win today

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

lomzus posted:

https://twitter.com/DAZN_CA/status/1457075313259601924

Owen talking sense for the first time in his life.

Some serious David Brent vibes in his delivery but yeah, he is spot on

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Micheal Owen has been on the dinners in a big way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

tetsuo posted:

according to some very reliable twitter ITKs it was already decided after the chelsea game just an unfortunate look as they happened to win today

I’m guessing they didn’t expect the win which is understandable given how they have played this far. Must have been terribly inconvenient for the Board