Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hey if nothing else, wheel support seems better. Way more angry off-road. Still absolutely inscrutable until I learn the 30 numbered buttons without numbers and where they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

barnold posted:

it's really easy. any DLNA media server is recognized by the default Media Player app and then you can listen to your tunes in the background
I'm almost there. I have Groovemusic up on the XBox and I am able to cast to my XBox via Windows. I am setting up a playlist and motherfuckers let me tell you if I get the 1987 Whitesnake record pumping through these headphones it's about to get stoopid.

Thanks!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

Hey if nothing else, wheel support seems better. Way more angry off-road. Still absolutely inscrutable until I learn the 30 numbered buttons without numbers and where they are.

I've found that people put pictures for these up, oftentimes on places like Amazon where it's sold. Try there. :)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

If I'm that one drivatar that seems to always show up in the worst places for you, I'm sorry

Ruffian Price get otu of the goddang way!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Can we post screenshots of our dumb cars in here? I found a couple of 2Bs on the vinyl storefront and did the needful, but I had to make my own Emil from scratch:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

GolfHole posted:

If I'm that one drivatar that seems to always show up in the worst places for you, I'm sorry

Ruffian Price get otu of the goddang way!!!
Could be that there's a special drivatar type for idiots who put itasha even on classic British cars, programmed to show the sides off

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

GolfHole posted:

I've found that people put pictures for these up, oftentimes on places like Amazon where it's sold. Try there. :)

Oh yeah, I've got a sheet, but I still spend way too long learning all the buttons without looking. Did the same with 3 and 4. Still appreciate the suggestion though!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Unlocking street scene allows you to buy a house that's very much worth it.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

God drat the V10 engines in this game sound sexy as hell. Even the Viper sounds good now!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

on my way to winning the eliminator with a level 10 car and a 3 mile lead, my heart still pounds.

Also, holy poo poo, do not accept the Funco F9 as a level 10 if you already have another. at speed to absolutely does not turn.

Almost lost to a level 3 audi because i couldn't dodge trees.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 7, 2021

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Wiltsghost posted:

Unlocking street scene allows you to buy a house that's very much worth it.
I've been working on some other stuff, but I am about to go back to working on this very project, for the thing that is very much worth it. From the house. The Buena Vista house, y'all. Y'all be knowin'.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Cubivore, HomelyBumRocket and myself are currently doing a convoy together if anyone wishes to join us.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

11th place on one of the highway speed traps is a 501.70km/h Ford F-450. Most stunt jumps already have an 8000 meter entry.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Powershift posted:

11th place on one of the highway speed traps is a 501.70km/h Ford F-450. Most stunt jumps already have an 8000 meter entry.

Yeah there are already trainers/cheats out there.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Like I needed another reason to never play with pubbies online.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

Could be that there's a special drivatar type for idiots who put itasha even on classic British cars, programmed to show the sides off

lmao

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

That sand deformation

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Waiting to play until the 9th. Is this true?

https://www.kudosprime.com/fh5/carlist.php?make=31

Did they seriously remove my '85 RX-7 again?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

Waiting to play until the 9th. Is this true?

https://www.kudosprime.com/fh5/carlist.php?make=31

Did they seriously remove my '85 RX-7 again?

They'll add it back in as an event reward, and you'll miss it and have to pay $20m for it. That's how this game works..

And i would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their lamborghinis.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 7, 2021

Frank Starman
Nov 22, 2007
Applied as funkmonke00.

Only played this a couple hours so far but I'm in love with it. Never really picked up a Forza Horizon game before so this mostly new to me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Whoever Golfhole Hat is on here, I wanted to let you know that your drivatar is committed to driving that big rear end dualie truck and running other racers off the road whenever I do a street race. 10/10

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Recommending this for official GRCC car.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Whoever Golfhole Hat is on here, I wanted to let you know that your drivatar is committed to driving that big rear end dualie truck and running other racers off the road whenever I do a street race. 10/10

amazing. I'm so proud.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1xK6PRk1DU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Applied to GRCC, gamertag the same as my user name here.

Liable to turn up to things in tuned shitboxes. Looking at the Renault 4.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all just out of frame, laughing too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I did the 500k skillpoints season thing in those dunes, look amazing with everything maxed.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kaddion posted:

Recommending this for official GRCC car.

Tune/design? Happy to join the goonswarm

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
After photographing 160 different cars I just noticed there is a "promo quickshot" button in the photo interface that let's you take a picture without having to wait an eternity for the "photo processing" part.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
drat, these guys have gotten really loving good at making this game.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

One good thing about being in the club is that I get to see goons on the "friend comparison chart". At some point in a previous Forza I had followed Don Joewon Song to be able to find his tunes better, so every time I discovered a new road the game would be like "oh, you just found your 68th road? That's cute, your friend Don already has 577." :smugdog:

Got a bit annoying after a while.

E: Just used the gift function to gift some rando a base untuned shitbox with the message "Hope this brings you a lot of victories!", lol

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 7, 2021

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I've already found all the barn finds.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

GhostDog posted:

drat, these guys have gotten really loving good at making this game.

:hmmyes:

Also I just loaded up FH4 and went for a sunset/night drive around Edinburgh and the surrounding countryside in my 1983 VW Golf with all HUD turned off, cosmetic damage off, audio set to music focus and the cockpit FOV up to max. Never tried that before and it's really enjoyable just sticking to traffic laws and pottering around for a while before having a good song come on and smashing straight into oncoming traffic :hellyeah: Also quite surreal given I have all the graphics maxed with additional driver-forced anti aliasing and it looks almost real at times.

edit: i may just have to load this up tonight with some 1980s Radio 4 off youtube and imagine i'm asleep in the back of my dad's car on some massive cross country journey

Convex fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 7, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kilonum posted:

more like "barn founds", right

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Kilonum posted:

Gotta love being a tourist in Mexico and looting the old collector cars of the locals from their own barns.

I was almost starting to feel bad about it when one barn came up with the Renault 4L. gently caress YEAH!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Kinda disappointed that a few of the barn finds are cars that were easy to get in FH4, but on the other hand they're cars I'd actually want to use. Love the Jaguar XJR-15 and the Toyota Baja Truck. That Renault looks like it'd be fun to mess around with too.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kilonum posted:

Have you gotten the 250 GTO yet? It's been in the garage (getting fixed) forever for me.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Definitely already annoyed at how hard Drivatars cheat physics in certain races. I expect it to a degree in Unbeatable, but Highly Skilled? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Ugh, I’m still getting whacked by 0xc0000005. It’s such a generic error that finding useful steps to fix it is basically impossible, because what worked for some rando with a completely different setup won’t be applicable at all.

Game looks good for the 3 seconds it’ll run after loading into the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
How are people finding it on series s? I have it there (and PC) and it seems like the first game to kind of live up to the MS talk of being the same as Series X but in 1080p. Are people finding a noticeable difference between quality and performance?

I'm pretty early in so far, but have found the Porsche Taycan to be almost kind of a cheat code for the game.

Someone a few pages back mentioned that the first test driver mission was impossible to 3 star without all the assists. I thought so too until I ignored the course it wanted me to go on and just drove in a straight line towards the finish point, finished over a minute under the 3 star time requirement. Just bounced my way there over the sand dunes