Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

tetsuo posted:

according to some very reliable twitter ITKs it was already decided after the chelsea game just an unfortunate look as they happened to win today

Not sacked before this game in order not to ruin preparations, which kind of makes sense seeing how the game went. And they were loving woeful against Chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Done Smith

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59186010

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Villa and Norwich should swap managers imo

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

That's a quarter of the league's managers sacked by November, impressive stuff

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Blasmeister posted:

That's a quarter of the league's managers sacked by November, impressive stuff

Patience is not a highly prized virtue by PL chairmen is seems

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's insane. Dean Smith has done much better than Villa should have expected and they sold the heart of the team

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Well boro apparently just let Warnock go, wonder if you'd get better odds on him or Big Sam getting the Norwich job?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

That's insane. Dean Smith has done much better than Villa should have expected and they sold the heart of the team

It does seem harsh that they sold their star player, replaced him with Ashley Young, and then blamed the manager.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JohnCompany posted:

Well boro apparently just let Warnock go, wonder if you'd get better odds on him or Big Sam getting the Norwich job?

Warnock is 73, think he might just be done now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

Warnock is 73, think he might just be done now

As long as there's a pass being played along the ground, or a winger without stud-marks on both calves, Colin will remain in perpetuity

like a metronome that beats between "gently caress" and "off"

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Villa got a good price for Grealish and just reinvested the money badly. It takes a lot for a manager to survive a 5 match losing streak, especially when they would have been aiming too half.

And they got beat by Nuno's spurs.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RIP Deano. Gave me some of the best memories I have as a Villa fan but his limits were becoming painfully clear and I didn't see us improving on 11th, which is pretty poor considering the money we've spent.

Very interested to see who we get in. I think it'll be Nuno. I hope it's not.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I imagine if Nuno takes another job he stops getting Spurs money, so I doubt it will be him unless you’re offering a lot.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

I don't know who either Norwich or Villa will get in, but I would enjoy a sacked manager mixup ending with Farke at Villa and Smith at Norwich

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Villa got a good price for Grealish and just reinvested the money badly.

Young aside, not sure their purchases this summer are actually bad, just that the best one, and the one actually intended to somewhat replace Grealish has been injured.

They really miss Konsa, by far their best defender, inexplicably overlooked in favour of Mings by England.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Villa have spent an absolute fortune since promotion (and before). 10 points after 11 games is poor. They know they're hosed if they go down.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

sassassin posted:

Villa have spent an absolute fortune since promotion (and before). 10 points after 11 games is poor. They know they're hosed if they go down.

It's not just this season either. We've lost the most games out of any team in the premier league this calendar year, and got 39 points from the previous 36 games. It's not a kneejerk reaction to losing 5 in a row, he's been underperforming for a while now.

He was always clueless whenever Grealish was out injured and that's just shown even moreso since he went to Man City. I was hoping the replacements would have settled in a lot faster than they have but eh.

Current bookies favourite is Stevie G.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Arsenal somehow only 2 points behind Liverpool despite being 20 goals down on them is pretty silly innit.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Simiain posted:

Arsenal somehow only 2 points behind Liverpool despite being 20 goals down on them is pretty silly innit.

They’ve just been lucky enough to play minnows like Man Utd and run up their goal difference.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
what a game, west ham beating the gegenstalk. excited for the future

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

sebzilla posted:

Southgate is probably ending up in charge of Man Utd at some point when he's done with England.

It won't go well.

it might go well for a while, especially if he takes over now from a more attacking manager like ole

it wont END well though

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

vyelkin posted:

It does seem harsh that they sold their star player, replaced him with Ashley Young, and then blamed the manager.

seeing ashley young pop up on the screen for villa for the first time this season was a genuine wtf moment

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

honestly i've wanted solskjær to do well partially because of nationalist fervour and partially to spite the hideous goblins that make up the english football commentariat, but if he's not going to do well i think they ought to sack him ASAP so i can go back to being happy about man utd. eating poo poo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i do not understand how man utd got worse after adding varane, sancho and ronaldo though

well i do get how ronaldo could've cocked things up i guess lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

V. Illych L. posted:

i do not understand how man utd got worse after adding varane, sancho and ronaldo though

There’s a reason the Juve fans here were all cheering to ship him out

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sandwolf posted:

There’s a reason the Juve fans here were all cheering to ship him out

They seem to be doing a lot better without him.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Ronaldo can’t press and he makes manu have to use tactics from 2010 and poo poo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
He’s like the 2016 Joe Hart version of a striker. Immensely talented at what he does but at the moment his skill set is incompatible with current cutting edge tactics.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Ronaldo can’t press and he makes manu have to use tactics from 2010 and poo poo

That reminds me, does any major team still play a 4-4-2?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

sticksy posted:

Strangely enough Pep is has been using one

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Doesn’t Simeone use a 4-4-2?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

blue footed boobie posted:

Doesn’t Simeone use a 4-4-2?

Iirc he’s gone to a back 3 now or something

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

Juve are using one this year and it’s god awful to watch

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

He’s like the 2016 Joe Hart version of a striker. Immensely talented at what he does but at the moment his skill set is incompatible with current cutting edge tactics.

On what planet was Joe Hart ever good

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Gigi Galli posted:

On what planet was Joe Hart ever good

Earth 2010-2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Earth 2010-2014

He always sucked poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

Varane has been injured for half the games and the team has looked about twice as good when he's been playing

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Joe hart was good til pirlo broke his brain

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Joe hart was good til pirlo broke his brain

But he was very much the "old style" goalkeeper right? Where you're all about being the best Shay Given you can possibly be without contributing to playing out from the back or doing any sweeping or commanding your area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheRat posted:

But he was very much the "old style" goalkeeper right? Where you're all about being the best Shay Given you can possibly be without contributing to playing out from the back or doing any sweeping or commanding your area

He made saves for the camera on shots off target and dove around and shouted a lot which = good goalkeeping to the english so they thought he was good. In reality they should have kept Schmeichel.