Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

otter posted:

Multiple times. Also deleted the game, reinstalled, same.
It says 2.0. I wonder if deleting it again and rebooting before reinstalling might help.
https://animalcrossingworld.com/guides/new-horizons/how-to-start-playing-animal-crossing-happy-home-paradise-dlc-fix-if-not-working/

Does this help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

In that this guide says you need resident services, and nothing prior had mentioned that. I wish it was a bolder point from the get go. Thanks!

Now I just have to explain to the 6 year old that he needs to not be a lazy rear end and go build some stuff.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

otter posted:

In that this guide says you need resident services, and nothing prior had mentioned that. I wish it was a bolder point from the get go. Thanks!

Now I just have to explain to the 6 year old that he needs to not be a lazy rear end and go build some stuff.
I ran into the same issue with the 2.0 update stuff, it never said I needed a 3 Star Island at first so I thought it was a random event for a day or two, other people who haven't played the game since last year hit the same wall when they found out they had to have a deep sea creature or art piece in the museum because it's never clear in-game what you're supposed to do

Glad I could help!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Friend posted:

I played kinda drunk the other night and woke up with a car in my mailbox. I can't remember where I bought it and can't find it now.

Please tell me why
My car is in the mailbox, and I'm
Sleeping with my clothes on

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I'm going to have Stinky in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants a lucha jock cat.

I'm also building him a vacation home because I'm curious to see what happens with him and it after he leaves my island.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Well that's neat - when I visited the paradise islands today, Leif was there, and asked me to take him to the school. He ended up teaching me about hybrid flowers so I can now use them for decorating homes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I've completed 30 homes and got the big DJ K.K reward at the beach, it was pretty fun I have to say.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SilentChaz posted:

I'm going to have Stinky in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants a lucha jock cat.

I'm also building him a vacation home because I'm curious to see what happens with him and it after he leaves my island.

drat I had an open plot yesterday but not today, I would've taken him!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Slugworth posted:

Everyone gets to play through it individually.

Thank goodness.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Judge Tesla posted:

I've completed 30 homes and got the big DJ K.K reward at the beach, it was pretty fun I have to say.
I'm not telling you how to live your life or play your game but this expansion came out less than 50 hours ago

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm not telling you how to live your life or play your game but this expansion came out less than 50 hours ago

Work hard, play hard.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Haifisch posted:

The DLC has spoiled me so much, I want the pro designer poo poo for my main island. gently caress laying paths one painstaking having-to-animate-my-dude-laying-it-down square at a time when I could just be doing it all from a zoomed out overhead view. Same with putting down fences & moving furniture/flowers/etc.

Haven't started the DLC yet but did they seriously make some QoL features for the designing aspect of the game only work for the DLC island? That's odd, it should really unlock everywhere if you bought the DLC.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, all... I went all in on turnips that cost 110 bells each. I haven't done this since maybe May of 2020, are goons with high selling prices still reliable?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

My pack of amiibo cards showed up today and I got three of the new villagers (Cephalobot, Zoe, Ace) and Wisp!

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Haven't started the DLC yet but did they seriously make some QoL features for the designing aspect of the game only work for the DLC island? That's odd, it should really unlock everywhere if you bought the DLC.

The QoL stuff for editing home interiors eventually unlocks as a feature on your main island as well, but yeah, for whatever reason they made the outdoor editing tools a HHP exclusive thing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

holy poo poo I need this wall/floor combo!

https://twitter.com/roslyntalusan/status/1456736172407984137?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lobster Harmonica posted:

The QoL stuff for editing home interiors eventually unlocks as a feature on your main island as well, but yeah, for whatever reason they made the outdoor editing tools a HHP exclusive thing

I assume it's some sort of technical issue considering how this game can chug depending on the item load in a given area.

My biggest QoL beef is that houses and paths can exist on the same tiles in HHP, but not in the main game still. The grass peaking out underneath my house is way too noticeable when I just want to live on barren ground, is that too much to ask for?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

So best I can tell, none of the recipes include the sea creatures? No fried oysters, boiled crab, shrimp po'boy? I'm glad I don't have to spend time grinding in the ocean, but it seems like a weird thing to exclude.

jackhunter64 posted:

Please tell me why
My car is in the mailbox, and I'm
Sleeping with my clothes on

Lmao

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Friend posted:

So best I can tell, none of the recipes include the sea creatures? No fried oysters, boiled crab, shrimp po'boy? I'm glad I don't have to spend time grinding in the ocean, but it seems like a weird thing to exclude.

Lmao

I picked up a seafood salad recipe from a goon earlier that needs sweet shrimp as an ingredient, so deep sea stuff is used in cooking. Don't know how much though.

There's also seaweed soup in the basic recipe pack you buy in Nooks.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Lobster Harmonica posted:

My guess it's technical limitations, since all the DLC yards you get to design are very small spaces.

One nice thing is that they refund the 2500 nook miles used to buy the pro designer interior decoration feature after you start the DLC, at least.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Haifisch posted:

My guess it's technical limitations, since all the DLC yards you get to design are very small spaces.

One nice thing is that they refund the 2500 nook miles used to buy the pro designer interior decoration feature after you start the DLC, at least.

Ok, I saw that, and don't even know what that is/was. Is it the option to put up ceiling lights or something?

Edit: just looked it up. It's for accent walls, ceiling fixtures, and certain items in the store.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 7, 2021

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It reminds me of when the Welcome amiibo update came out and they tried to backport as many of the features introduced in Happy Home Designer as they could into New Leaf, but somehow the way skin worked in New Leaf was seemingly so particular they couldn't include being able to change your skin tone normally.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Lucky is currently making orange marmalade. His house is right next to Resident Services.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Ables has Plain newsboy caps and Checkered sweater vests. (The latter are also available for cataloging. I'd never get open if I tried to buy all the caps.)

Take whatever's on the ground. There are some wheat starts and a couple of potato starts left over from earlier this week, and you can catalog all the new clothing items out that I've collected if you want.

I'll be AFK so ping me if there are any problems.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 7, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Black Robe posted:

I picked up a seafood salad recipe from a goon earlier that needs sweet shrimp as an ingredient, so deep sea stuff is used in cooking. Don't know how much though.

There's also seaweed soup in the basic recipe pack you buy in Nooks.

Oh this is nice- I should go diving just to see if I learn any of those DIYs

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
this kicks rear end and i love it
i need it for my magical basement laboratory

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Friend posted:

I got a recipe that requires a tiger prawn!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

does anyone have sloppy furniture I can catalogue?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Blaziken386 posted:

this kicks rear end and i love it
i need it for my magical basement laboratory

Apparently you need the floor and wall set or the circle will not do that it seems.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/Science_Patrols/status/1456803270698037261?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/ShayuAC/status/1457434632366931971

Gah

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

what the gently caress

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i felt it important to illustrate just how deeply insane this man is
https://i.imgur.com/wW7lKTH.mp4

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

i felt it important to illustrate just how deeply insane this man is
https://i.imgur.com/wW7lKTH.mp4

I was thrilled to see him on the guest list. I had a great time designing a toilet museum for a toilet-loving lion. Wild!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Stinky, you're moving out tomorrow, why would you want to change our greeting now?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dlc is v close to goty for me

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Hell yeah, currently on a Kapp’n island with vines, plumeria bushes, and glowing moss! The recipe I got there was for a full body glowing moss suit, so that should be interesting.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
This may have been mentioned already but if you visit someone you've recently designed a home for and talk to them, they'll thank you and give you an item you used in their house. It's been a wallpaper and rug for me so far.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is it possible to grow more moss or am I limited to what I’ve pulled off the island?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is it possible to grow more moss or am I limited to what I’ve pulled off the island?
The vines and moss on the DLC island seem to respawn after a couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Throwing a dodo code into the other thread: Wildemount is due for shooting starts in 15 minutes (they start at 7, right?) and Bangle is cooking Carrot Scones.

I only have pumpkins, so if anyone has other grown cooking ingredients they can bring that would be awesome. :kiddo: