Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Ugh, I’m still getting whacked by 0xc0000005. It’s such a generic error that finding useful steps to fix it is basically impossible, because what worked for some rando with a completely different setup won’t be applicable at all.

Game looks good for the 3 seconds it’ll run after loading into the world.

Try running as admin and unplugging your fanatec wheel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

tater_salad posted:

Try running as admin and unplugging your fanatec wheel?

Don’t have a wheel, but I just made it through a whole event without crashing after running as admin. Don’t want to celebrate prematurely, but… seems promising. Thanks homie.

Also, gently caress windows, Jesus.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

isk posted:

Definitely already annoyed at how hard Drivatars cheat physics in certain races. I expect it to a degree in Unbeatable, but Highly Skilled? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo

Same as it ever was, unfortunately. I've just come to terms with the fact that the off road stuff requires me to turn the difficulty down one notch, especially cross country.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Super Wheelspins are OP.

These were back to back :stare:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

AirRaid posted:

Super Wheelspins are OP.

These were back to back :stare:

wow, congrats on doorbell

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The skin scene is magnificent already. Like, took the season reward Alpine for a spin, and browsing the skins, there's a :psyduck: paint job available:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I must collect as many cars as possible and turn them into anime monstrosities so that my drivatar can show up and be obnoxious in as many goons' games as possible.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

FishMcCool posted:

The skin scene is magnificent already. Like, took the season reward Alpine for a spin, and browsing the skins, there's a :psyduck: paint job available:

Personally I find a distinct lack of Monster Energy themed paintjobs. In FH4 there was at least 1 for every car in the game but I haven't found a single one in this game yet :cry:
I need my entire garage to be Monster Energy themed.

Edit: YES! And it's my favorite car too. I have a really nice S1 tune for the Volvo 240 Turbo if you like AWD powerslides. I shared it under the name "Volvo Power".

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 7, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Personally I find a distinct lack of Monster Energy themed paintjobs. In FH4 there was at least 1 for every car in the game but I haven't found a single one in this game yet :cry:
I need my entire garage to be Monster Energy themed.

Haha, I guess we're looking at different cars then because I have seen plenty, so just a question of time I guess. Tons of racing sponsor style schemes, and Monster Energy as a common trend.

Here I'm more into clean schemes for the prettiest lines (classic red ferraris, a lovely lime green lambo Aventador...) and meme stuff (spongebob, psyduck, AYAYA...). I'm amazed at how much of a treasure trove the game is already in pre-access.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FishMcCool posted:

Haha, I guess we're looking at different cars then because I have seen plenty, so just a question of time I guess. Tons of racing sponsor style schemes, and Monster Energy as a common trend.

Here I'm more into clean schemes for the prettiest lines (classic red ferraris, a lovely lime green lambo Aventador...) and meme stuff (spongebob, psyduck, AYAYA...). I'm amazed at how much of a treasure trove the game is already in pre-access.

Probably helps a ton that they've invested a bunch into making the games a shared platform for that stuff. My only regret is that all the cool bumper stickers that I made were in one of the games before they started letting you import stuff forward, so I didn't have much to bring over. But I'm sure a lot of the paint job superstars were importing and painting furiously on day one.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I wish it were easier to filter designs that have no stickers + crap on them.
Just want a sleek paintjob not a classified ad.

Like the white/gold one someone made for the Intensa Emozione

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

If I tune a car I definitely look for the most gaudy anime livery possible to slap on there

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Professor Beetus posted:

I must collect as many cars as possible and turn them into anime monstrosities so that my drivatar can show up and be obnoxious in as many goons' games as possible.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

if you are playing coop with people, what determines the AI difficulty in a race ? when you are solo, before the race begins, you can adjust difficulty settings but in coop it just goes straight into the event.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

I was driving around in the Pursuit Ute for hours, crashing into everything I could. I'm vindicated to find out that my drivatar learned as intended.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
How does one unlock the drifting segments on the map? I'm trying to complete the early bird forzathon but it want's drift segments in the Z, but my map doesn't have any. I've just been casually doing what event I drive across, be it story, race or segment/jump, or board, but I'm running out of time I think.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nitramster posted:

How does one unlock the drifting segments on the map? I'm trying to complete the early bird forzathon but it want's drift segments in the Z, but my map doesn't have any. I've just been casually doing what event I drive across, be it story, race or segment/jump, or board, but I'm running out of time I think.

Have you unlocked the PR Stunt adventure yet? You have to do that before those populate the map. Next time you get an adventure unlock, do that one.

Similar question though: I am trying to do the speed trap on the coast for the weekly challenge and it specifies "track toys" and S2 998. But there are no S2 track toys at 998, and even with upgrades I can only get 2/4 cars to S2, but they top out at about 950. Does the number not matter and does it just have to be an S2 track toy, because otherwise I have no idea what they are asking and it's really stupid this is the requirement in the initial week tbh.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Similar question though: I am trying to do the speed trap on the coast for the weekly challenge and it specifies "track toys" and S2 998. But there are no S2 track toys at 998, and even with upgrades I can only get 2/4 cars to S2, but they top out at about 950. Does the number not matter and does it just have to be an S2 track toy, because otherwise I have no idea what they are asking and it's really stupid this is the requirement in the initial week tbh.

Same, but I just skipped it.

Seems like it has to be S2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GolfHole posted:

Same, but I just skipped it.

Seems like it has to be S2.

I'm trying to get both cars and I haven't been able to connect to any of the online poo poo, so I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for the last 6 points I need. :negative:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Professor Beetus posted:

Have you unlocked the PR Stunt adventure yet? You have to do that before those populate the map. Next time you get an adventure unlock, do that one.

I struggled with this one too as it's my first time with the series. But then I found out.

So step 1 is get a Track Toy car. Step 2 is tune it so that it's S2 class. As I understand now, you can change parts and improve performance of cars, which increases its numerical value, and car tiers are just brackets of value (like B is 601- 700, A is 701-800, etc.). I used the Ferrari something something Pista but anything else will probably do, and just browsed the available tunings from other players. For every car you'll find tunings that you can browse through performance, so for this one, look for a tuning that ups speed and acceleration while moving the car to S2, pay for the required parts, and you're good to go.

And after this I started using tunings on all the cars I want to use and boy does it make a difference to be at the top of the bracket.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Qmass posted:

if you are playing coop with people, what determines the AI difficulty in a race ? when you are solo, before the race begins, you can adjust difficulty settings but in coop it just goes straight into the event.

in 4 the convoy leader could do it before the race, no idea about 5

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Eliminator is terrible, but the season challenge is generous with 30th place, I say as 28th place. Also someone finally uploaded the Hospital Records playlist to youtube :cheers:

Sevares
Apr 30, 2009
Applied to the club as Sevares. Haven't forza'd with goons since Motorsport 2 I think? Looking forward to more C class races in hot pink Miatas.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I will say that the music is better this time around but I did eventually mute it so I could listen to Spotify, since there's no Eurobeat station.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FishMcCool posted:

I struggled with this one too as it's my first time with the series. But then I found out.

So step 1 is get a Track Toy car. Step 2 is tune it so that it's S2 class. As I understand now, you can change parts and improve performance of cars, which increases its numerical value, and car tiers are just brackets of value (like B is 601- 700, A is 701-800, etc.). I used the Ferrari something something Pista but anything else will probably do, and just browsed the available tunings from other players. For every car you'll find tunings that you can browse through performance, so for this one, look for a tuning that ups speed and acceleration while moving the car to S2, pay for the required parts, and you're good to go.

And after this I started using tunings on all the cars I want to use and boy does it make a difference to be at the top of the bracket.

Oh yeah, I know all about tuning and upgrades, it's just weirdly specific wording in the requirements for the seasonal objective that made me think I had to get my car all the way to 998. They should probably just say S2 if that's the requirement, the number on top of that is kind of confusing.

wafflemoose posted:

I will say that the music is better this time around but I did eventually mute it so I could listen to Spotify, since there's no Eurobeat station.

It's quite good but I muted for spotify as well, because I am mainlining the game so much that I already got tired of it lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone else have the accolade for owning all houses not trigger? I bought all 7 before reaching the HOF but now that I did on the accolade it says progress 6/7, assume I just have to wait for a hotfix but just wanna make sure.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Applied to the club as Not Keket.

Really enjoying this so far, the handling feels miles better for starters and the environments really well thought out, just a shame they got rid of a ton of body kits :(

Oh and remember at the start of a race to dip into photo mode and take a picture of the starting line, it'll give you a good leg up on taking photos of all the cars.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seems like some online fixes have rolled out today? Been getting constant disconnects the past couple days but I've had zero problems this afternoon.

edit: what is the goon club?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone else have the accolade for owning all houses not trigger? I bought all 7 before reaching the HOF but now that I did on the accolade it says progress 6/7, assume I just have to wait for a hotfix but just wanna make sure.

No, but I did lose access to the house on the east coast that is free with the welcome package. Had to "buy" it again. So there are some bugs with the houses for sure. Maybe that is your issue too? Make sure you still actually own all houses.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Did somebody mention a house that can give you free fast travel in this game? I ask because I didn't like having to collect all the fast travel billboards in FH4 so I figure I'll ask now in case that exists so I don't have to do any fast travel billboard farming in FH5.

Dumb spoiler probably but maybe it will help people who want to go in totally blind.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

GreatGreen posted:

Did somebody mention a house that can give you free fast travel in this game? I ask because I didn't like having to collect all the fast travel billboards in FH4 so I figure I'll ask now in case that exists so I don't have to do any fast travel billboard farming in FH5.

Dumb spoiler probably but maybe it will help people who want to go in totally blind.

Buying the house unlocks the ability to fast travel, collecting the boards makes it free.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Incessant Excess posted:

Buying the house unlocks the ability to fast travel, collecting the boards makes it free.

Ah drat. Fast Travel board farming. Oh well.

Thanks

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You normally have the ability to fast travel to houses and festival sites (for a fee), this is fast travel anywhere

I love that they even improved the reflections on Forza Edition license plate text now. I can't stop admiring how it glistens on turns :stwoon:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Eventually after you ay Enough fast travel might as well be free

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I've found the last tiny little sliver I needed and have explored all roads :toot: now I can actually play the game

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is there something obvious that triggers the barn finds being ready to claim? It felt like in previous entries I'd get a barn find, go do a race, and then it would be ready for pickup, but not so in Forza Horizon 5.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

barnold posted:

I've found the last tiny little sliver I needed and have explored all roads :toot: now I can actually play the game

I don’t get why people rush this.

You have to do 20 eliminator events to get the Veyron SS. You can do a bunch of roads while everyone else is racing, finish at least 20th just ignoring the event and get a wheel spin and a couple driver levels out of the whole deal.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

when I get to play on the 9th I'll gently caress around for a few hours and then I'll get to updating all of those GNRC manufacturer vinyls I made for FH4 to read GRCC

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Can one get banned for fast travelling to people, saying "BWAHHHHHHH!!!!!" and then honking the Windows shutdown sound?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Gonna recommend spending the free car voucher on the McLaren F1 GT. It's one of the most expensive cars that can't be gotten through an accolade and, when tuned, is great for speed zones, traps and danger signs.