Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Made a summoner outfit I really dig while just loving around with my glam dresser and honestly thinking about maining it Endwalker now even though I never played it previously lol

Nobody outside the media tour has played summoner 2.0 so go ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's my Halloween costume

This makes me really want to try cosplaying as Serge from Chrono Cross once I start to level dragoon:

The gloves/chest/boots I will have to look around for. But your pants are perfect for it and I know there are like a million bandanas and Black Shroud NPCs have big bone-bladed spears that fit the silhouette of the weapon.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This makes me really want to try cosplaying as Serge from Chrono Cross once I start to level dragoon:
I was similarly tempted and went to quickly play around with the gear preview before maintenance began. The Expeditioner's Gloves fit pretty well, and I kind of like the Spear of the Fury (i205 HW PvP weapon) as a swallow.

Tried out the Southern Seas Shirt and Dhalmelskin Shoes on the left, and the Summer Indigo shirt with Kupo Shoes on the right. The Uraeus Body Armor would probably work better as a top, but that's male only. A lot of the jerkins and tunics are too long and hang past the waist.

I'll take another stab at it after these three hours of downtime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Got MCH to 80 and finalized a glam.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oooh, which gun is that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's just the ShB AF weapon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It’s a big loving gun

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how it looks, but it's not 100% final which weapon I'll use. But also this is the last major thing I'm doing until Endwalker so it doesn't matter now.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Yapping Eevee posted:

I'll take another stab at it after these three hours of downtime.

There must be a better option for the top, but this works for now.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Okay that has to be touched up outside of the game right? I knew gpose was powerful, but its not that powerful is it?

Either way, great job.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Looks like there's a third party tool for modifying the pose, and maybe a gshade filter. Otherwise that's probably just gpose.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I haven't managed to get as wonderful a blurry background as Wrestlepig does, but I've found that just playing with the sliders to get a narrow depth of field REALLY makes the detail pop on things that are in focus. There's a lot of love put into those outfit designs, the chest I use in those shots is hiding as a generic black outfit from the Nier raids without any noticeable detail, and then you add some dye and "wow, it's leather!". The gloves in that bottom shot, you can see the pieces where it was sewn together!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zil posted:

Okay that has to be touched up outside of the game right? I knew gpose was powerful, but its not that powerful is it?

Either way, great job.

There's no photoshop, but I am using a couple programs outside the game. these are pretty much allowed by the devs, just leave off the thing that says its an ff14 screenshot in the bottom if you've customised the pose.

Gshade is the go-to shader program that messes with the colors on display, as well as a few things like focus and bloom. I'm using the Neneko_Essence shader, found in the natural folder inside Neneko_ColorS 2 or whatever its called. When I'm actually playing I use a gameplay variant that doesn't blur distant stuff and runs better.The program comes with a lot of pre-mades so you want to look around and find whats best for you.

Anamnesis is a program that lets you muck around with a lot of client-side data like models, poses, camera and time of day. When I can be bothered I often just get a custom pose or tweak what I have a bit. The thing comes with most standard poses loaded in, and a lot of people online will upload their custom poses. Most of those are just characters loving or pretty bad minor tweaks to existing ones though. In that pic I just loaded in a Sitting Down on a chair pose, tweaked the position to go onto a barrel, and moved the gaze towards the viewer.

The main thing i use anamnesis for is swapping the character I use for a lalafell version. Only I can see it but its fun to run around or do pics when 1/4 the size.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Wrestlepig posted:

There's no photoshop, but I am using a couple programs outside the game. these are pretty much allowed by the devs, just leave off the thing that says its an ff14 screenshot in the bottom if you've customised the pose.

Gshade is the go-to shader program that messes with the colors on display, as well as a few things like focus and bloom. I'm using the Neneko_Essence shader, found in the natural folder inside Neneko_ColorS 2 or whatever its called. When I'm actually playing I use a gameplay variant that doesn't blur distant stuff and runs better.The program comes with a lot of pre-mades so you want to look around and find whats best for you.

Anamnesis is a program that lets you muck around with a lot of client-side data like models, poses, camera and time of day. When I can be bothered I often just get a custom pose or tweak what I have a bit. The thing comes with most standard poses loaded in, and a lot of people online will upload their custom poses. Most of those are just characters loving or pretty bad minor tweaks to existing ones though. In that pic I just loaded in a Sitting Down on a chair pose, tweaked the position to go onto a barrel, and moved the gaze towards the viewer.

The main thing i use anamnesis for is swapping the character I use for a lalafell version. Only I can see it but its fun to run around or do pics when 1/4 the size.

It's worth noting that while the devs have said reshade is fine (because it's just a shader injector in DirectX and most GPU software can do something similar) and damage meters like ACT aren't an issue (as long as you're not using the results to bully other people) they have not said the same thing about Anamnesis or the predecessor CMTool. Those are both quite commonly used by people making rather explicit content and the devs very specifically brought it up as something they don't want to see people doing after idiots on Twitter tweeted explicit pictures they made of underage NPC characters at the main FFXIV account.

Since it's entirely client side I don't think there'll be any way for the game to detect them so you're probably fine if you're just using it for adjusting poses or making client side changes to the clothes you're wearing but it hasn't been given the 'it's probably technically against the ToS but we also don't care' nod like GShade/Reshade and ACT.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've never heard of anyone getting whacked for using CMTool/Anamnesis normally. Their general policy seems to be that anything that's entirely clientside, and which otherwise doesn't violate the ToS, is in the passable legal grey area. Anamnesis even takes this compliance a step further compared to CMTool, preventing you from editing actor model positions/scale/etc. unless you're in GPose.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'm still fully learning gpose and gshade but I was pretty proud of this shot. I don't think I've changed my glam in a while but I like my heavy armor Dante sort of look. Gotta dig into background blurs at some point.

But on the topic of gshade...

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

getting some glams ready for endwalker and i like my summoner one a lot

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

goin full weeb for Halloween

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oh my God it is beautiful

(hotline Miami right?)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

jokes posted:

(hotline Miami right?)

Its the only reason I wanted the jacket at all

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Well you loving nailed it

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I won 4th place in TPT’s Halloween contest using basically the same glam lol. I’ll post pics after I get off work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ok, a wee bit later than I said. :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wanted to go for something a bit cuter with the new jacket.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The lalafell Rydia is really good :3:

I put together a valkyrie-themed set for my Dragoon glamour.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jade Rider posted:

The lalafell Rydia is really good :3:

I put together a valkyrie-themed set for my Dragoon glamour.

holy dang that's a good glamour

(I just lurk this thread 24/7 until someone posts a glam I like then I immediately quote to say "lol thats good", I have contributed nothing of value)

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Got the jacket today and put together a glam for it that I mostly like but holy poo poo my character has crippling Hank Hill syndrome

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Got the jacket today and put together a glam for it that I mostly like but holy poo poo my character has crippling Hank Hill syndrome

She's gonna kick someone's rear end.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Did I spend $20 last night while drunk to buy a fantasia and change my name to Misato Catsuragi just to bring this idea to fruition?

Yes, yes I did.

I just need a gold chocobo feather to get that jet black dye and make this perfect.

Is there a penguin minion anywhere in the game?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pobrecito posted:

Did I spend $20 last night while drunk to buy a fantasia and change my name to Misato Catsuragi just to bring this idea to fruition?

Yes, yes I did.

I just need a gold chocobo feather to get that jet black dye and make this perfect.

4 Verminion tournaments with double-digit victories.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Pobrecito posted:

Yes, there is! However, the penguin prince minion is an achievement reward. It requires completing four Lord of Verminion tournaments with double-digit victories. The next closest would be the fledgling apkallu minion. It's also gained from an achievement, requiring getting all 80 of the ARR sightseeing vistas. They're a pain in the rear end and all have time/weather requirements. A guide with timers is practically necessary if you want to go that route.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
For a while now my PSO2 robot girl has had some influence from the Shadaloo Dolls, but switching to a side cap has really made that stand out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

loving lol the gangboss specific Mask costume

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Here's my best contribution to Roevember.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Molybdenum makes such great looking weapons.
I loved that Gunblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
New expansion, new raid role, new glamour options.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 21, 2021