Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

literally no one outside the US cares about individual states (aside maybe from Hawaii and Costa Rica because those are quite separate places) so those infographics are all extremely masturbatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

bike tory posted:

literally no one outside the US cares about individual states (aside maybe from Hawaii and Costa Rica because those are quite separate places) so those infographics are all extremely masturbatory

youre right im sure nobody from england or france or spain has complained about people of different regions of their country or made up special names for them

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

bike tory posted:

In fairness most Americans feel this way when told different continents have different countries as well

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Indecisive posted:

youre right im sure nobody from england or france or spain has complained about people of different regions of their country or made up special names for them

they're not posting them in the funny pictures thread so i'm not sure what your point is?!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

bike tory posted:

You say this like you aren't literally jacking off right now

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Hawaii resident” was my favorite thing today until this:

bike tory posted:

(aside maybe from Hawaii and Costa Rica because those are quite separate places)

so now this is my favorite

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

bike tory posted:

aside maybe from Hawaii and Costa Rica because those are quite separate places

:thunk:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bike tory posted:

Gotta love when someone acts derisive and just looks like a moron at the same time.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bike tory posted:

Did you mean Puerto Rico?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

ultrafilter posted:

Did you mean Puerto Rico?
I mean that's not a US State anyway

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

bike tory posted:

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ugh if i have to

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

“Hawaii resident” was my favorite thing today until this:

"Hawaiian" for a person is usually for somebody of native ancestry but they probably could have come up with something that sounds better for talking about everybody who lives here

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

OutsideAngel posted:

"Hawaiian" for a person is usually for somebody of native ancestry but they probably could have come up with something that sounds better for talking about everybody who lives here

Well if you use the -ite suffix for the non-natives you get to describe them twice with one single word

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bike tory posted:

Europe has, like, Latvia and Monaco and poo poo, nobody cares about your less important states either

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I believe it's probably originally a joke about the Catholic sign of the cross, which follows that pattern on the body. Aside from that YouTube clip, I remember hearing that at mass as a child.

Who keeps their wallet on their right shoulder?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Large Testicles posted:

Delaware is a fictional concept so you couldn't have actually grown up there.

True. I didn't actually "grow up" until I moved to Philadelphia and went to school there.

Grew up like a motherfucker.

BiggerBoat has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Nov 7, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

loving your own mother is no way to grow up :gonk:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BiggerBoat posted:

True. I didn't actually "grow up" until I moved to Philadelphia and went to school there.

Grew up like a motherfucker.

Was Oedipus your teacher?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Turpitude II posted:

chesticles, testicles, weiner and twat

Really focusing on the chrotchital region with this one.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

RCarr posted:

Gotta love when someone acts derisive and just looks like a moron at the same time.

Hey easy on the love there, you derisive lover you

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Here's a handy infographic for you all. States where people get really salty when reminded that literally no one outside of the USA cares about or recognises individual states:

also lmao yes I absolutely got Costa Rica and Puerto Rico mixed up, I heartily apologise to the people of Costa Rica for any insinuation that they might be American

also also I'm not from Europe, imagine sharing a land border with another country eww gross. But also I can name more European countries than I can states of America off the top of my head because, you know, they're actually different countries.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

Well if you use the -ite suffix for the non-natives you get to describe them twice with one single word

Hawaiianite sounds like a mineral formation

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

RCarr posted:

Ёб твою мать.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

Hawaiianite is not bad at all. I've had me some in my day, unforgettable

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

pik_d posted:

Hawaiiite, huh? I wonder how many words have three is in a row.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

bike tory posted:

Here's a handy infographic for you all. States where people get really salty when reminded that literally no one outside of the USA cares about or recognises individual states:

also lmao yes I absolutely got Costa Rica and Puerto Rico mixed up, I heartily apologise to the people of Costa Rica for any insinuation that they might be American

also also I'm not from Europe, imagine sharing a land border with another country eww gross. But also I can name more European countries than I can states of America off the top of my head because, you know, they're actually different countries.

Careful there, lest Abuelita fires off a chancla at your cabeza. Tempting fuckin' fate right there.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Bloop posted:

I think the pronunciation they were saying would be pronounced Ha-white.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

RCarr posted:

Large Testicles posted:

Was Oedipus your teacher?

You guys are being weird.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

boofhead posted:

texas has 4x as many people as my home state and is 100,000 km^2 smaller

texas? more like new york

....where the he*k do you live

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bike tory posted:

yes, we're the ones who are being weird and embarrassing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bike tory posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Milo and POTUS posted:

....where the he*k do you live

Four of the six mainland subdivisions in Australia are bigger than Texas. If you look at the list of subdivisions by area, worldwide, Texas is 26th.

Texas just ain't that big.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

theflyingorc posted:

There most amazing part about this wrong thing you said is that you managed to abbreviate it to SC several times, and then you successfully quoted the NCDOT without noticing the mistake

It's the internet; I don't have to be factual. :colbert:
oops.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Memento posted:

Four of the six mainland subdivisions in Australia are bigger than Texas. If you look at the list of subdivisions by area, worldwide, Texas is 26th.

Texas just ain't that big.

And no one lives in them.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

My check is WPKI (wallet, phone, keys, ID)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys. keys.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
loving rear end in a top hat Mecklenburg-Vorpommerns am I right? Thinking just because they have a coastline they are all like, superior and poo poo. gently caress 'em. Oh you're from Rügen? Get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

KEYS ON VAN NUYS