Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
insane that the crybaby d&d posters are going to come into the pedophile billionaire thread QQing to threadban one of the thread regulars for chatting "dangerous" poo poo about ur fave bill gates vaccine just lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I mean pmj should definitely keep posting here. It seems appropriate.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, threadban for PMJ is not and never has been on the table. Just to be clear.

It's just the COVID vaccine efficacy topic doesn't seem to go anywhere and generates a lot of anger, which this thread normally does not have so I'm not sure if discussion of it at all, barring new evidence, is useful.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

OTOH perhaps a perma should be on the table for provoking a boring two page long policy discussion

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its sad all those people died but his head sculpture gateways are very cool

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Bilirubin posted:

OTOH perhaps a perma should be on the table for provoking a boring two page long policy discussion

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Azathoth posted:

Since I'm still trying to learn how to do this whole mod thing and in the spirit of open communication, I'd like to have a discussion about whether there's a place in this thread for COVID vaccine skepticism in general.

I feel like PMJ laid out his case pretty thoroughly before and no one (myself included) really bought it, and things got heated, and now the same thing seems to be happening again. I'd prefer if we didn't have the same thing keep happening.

However, this is the Epstein thread so I'm reluctant to say that any topic is off-limits, and want to check myself that I'm not letting my personal biases get in the way of good thread content and what the folks who post and lurk here want.

just like other people who I disagree with online, I either just don’t reply, or reply once, and let that person say what they want. I am not saying PMJ is a troll, but let them have their say. if a half page is just PMJ saying what they want, just scroll by.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Wasn't Lollapalooza the first big mostly vaccinated event for a younger audience? The crowds for that were huge too with lots of people jostling for position so I doubt myocarditis played a role in the Astroworld deaths. We would be seeing similar numbers from other events that size too, as other posters have pointed out this isn't the first time Live Nation has created an unsafe concert environment with too many people and not enough barriers, security etc. to keep the concertgoers safe and it's not the first pandemic-adjacent/vaccinated event. The number of deaths here is unusually high and I welcome scrutiny as opposed to shutting down the discussion based on half-remembered details (it was a security guard who claims to have been pricked, not a police officer, so the idea that this is something ginned up by the police department for funding doesn't jive, to give one example- police don't really need "reasons" to ask for more money year after year or to receive it).

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, threadban for PMJ is not and never has been on the table. Just to be clear.

It's just the COVID vaccine efficacy topic doesn't seem to go anywhere and generates a lot of anger, which this thread normally does not have so I'm not sure if discussion of it at all, barring new evidence, is useful.

i think it might be a good idea to have a cooldown period for the conversations that go in circles and poo poo up the thread, but it usually only happens when there isn’t anything else interesting coming up and when there is it sort of fizzles out on its own.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Saucer Hovers posted:

what happened to nut i dont see him in the lep hood

it's no nut november dog

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

inferis posted:

i think it might be a good idea to have a cooldown period for the conversations that go in circles and poo poo up the thread, but it usually only happens when there isn’t anything else interesting coming up and when there is it sort of fizzles out on its own.

the thread lull derail generator is an important component to any healthy thread ecosystem, without them the entire :justpost: chain would fall apart as any given lull runs the risk of killing the crabthread

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I asked an admin to deal with it and was informed that pmj "belongs to intelligence" whatever that means???

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Azathoth posted:

you guys should unban cuppy tea, this thread is perfectly fine at self moderating and any anti semitic beliefs they had probably would have been dispelled if they'd lingered for a while longer and educated themselves, the same way liberal dummies come in here hee hawing about 9/11 steel beams jokes only to realize how hosed everything is 100 pages later

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Mods should simply not use the only buttons available to them at every chance. Not saying they all do. Thread-banning is boring. Let posters post unless they do something illegal in the u.s.

coathat
May 21, 2007

mistermojo posted:

Crack-Ping!! Just saw a haunted house thats surely run by the cabal. There were ghosts and vampires.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
kill all men

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the vaccine being responsible for the deaths at this concert might be the dumbest conspiracy ive ever heard and ive head of a lot

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Futanari Damacy posted:

Wasn't Lollapalooza the first big mostly vaccinated event for a younger audience? The crowds for that were huge too with lots of people jostling for position so I doubt myocarditis played a role in the Astroworld deaths. We would be seeing similar numbers from other events that size too, as other posters have pointed out this isn't the first time Live Nation has created an unsafe concert environment with too many people and not enough barriers, security etc. to keep the concertgoers safe and it's not the first pandemic-adjacent/vaccinated event. The number of deaths here is unusually high and I welcome scrutiny as opposed to shutting down the discussion based on half-remembered details (it was a security guard who claims to have been pricked, not a police officer, so the idea that this is something ginned up by the police department for funding doesn't jive, to give one example- police don't really need "reasons" to ask for more money year after year or to receive it).

The police used the word officer in the context of a security officer so that part is definitely misunderstanding on my part.

But there is something bizarre about Live Nation having such a high death count internationally especially with so many terrorism-attributed ones, but then again, they host something like 60% of all the US concerts or something like that.

The strange part is how swiftly the right-wing rhetoric and conspiracies start picking up immediately after Live Nation has a mass-casualty event, but we have also seen that it pays to poison any jury pool by making sure no one misses the story; the more public the more uninformed your jury pool can be, and if they can cast doubt on who was to blame...

Anyways.

StashAugustine posted:

actually as a smaller-scale analogy, it reminds me of the OJ case- the fact that the powers that be are correct in their assessment doesn't men they're not gonna act like incompetent assholes

Wasabi the J posted:

I mean look at the OJ defense team for a who's who in today's "too slippery to touch" people.

1994 and 2016 have too many loving similarities.

Kardashians and Dershowitz and Francis Lee Bailey and the press coverage.

Obvious crime, clear perpetuator, suspicious mishandling of evidence at key points of the case, and all throughout, the best press and misinformation campaign that money could buy.

Once it goes to trial and there's a ruling either way, the US can't come at you again.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
what gender was Epstein. what gender was hitler. what gender were your American presidents. bad !!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the vaccine being responsible for the deaths at this concert might be the dumbest conspiracy ive ever heard and ive head of a lot

I’m pretty open to most conspiracies and I think there is def something weird about the Travis Scott concert, but yeah I was completely lost on that one.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Like at a basic level, anyone who wants to make sure they don't die unexpectedly should know to avoid crowds of any sort, let alone crowds inside of arenas or crowds with heightened emotions.

Let the moshers mosh. The real debate is the ethics of human sacrifice when the sacrifices are volunteers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sextro posted:

Like at a basic level, anyone who wants to make sure they don't die unexpectedly should know to avoid crowds of any sort, let alone crowds inside of arenas or crowds with heightened emotions.

Let the moshers mosh. The real debate is the ethics of human sacrifice when the sacrifices are volunteers.

what? that’s not basic at all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Steve Thread posted:

Hey! New IK of the Epstein thread here. Keep on keeping on!

Also the staff will have the security cameras fixed any day now.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

How often do you see anyone actually important in a crowd without a literal ring of security?

Crowds are risky and random. If you take your safety seriously, you avoid crowds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the krupp series on programmed to chill is so good and the loving stupid krupp anthem is stuck in my head at all times

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the panacea posted:

as the history of threads or sub forums of unmoderated crazy shows,...

I do not think PMJ's stupidity leads him to violence.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SugarInverted posted:

Why come to this thread if you're upset by the counter-narrative? That's what this thread is about

Perry Mason Jar, especially, is one of the oldest contributors to this thread. Yet we have people telling them to prove that their friend has died, and asking for the to be thread banned? Get over it

:yossame:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I’m pretty open to most conspiracies and I think there is def something weird about the Travis Scott concert, but yeah I was completely lost on that one.

pretty much. I mean there are multiple football games a week with crowds of nearly 100k people and a dozen people arent dying due to cardiac arrest at every one of those. so yeah, not the vaccine obviously.

interested though in what comes from the "person going around injecting people with something" stuff

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

my bony fealty posted:

these are good to bring up itt imo, because scare headlines like this are often dropped into discussions with no follow up. in this case (a non-peer reviewed, pre-print study based on shaky data with a conclusion that is more or less worthless oh and one of the authors just happens to have ties to an antivax group) isn't really good for much beyond scare quotes about how maybe the vaccine is worse than the disease?
See also:

One good example of this is the Klebsiella planticola story where according to the latter, researchers almost accidentally sterilized the planet by playing God with genetics. Articles saying as much use circular references and unsurprisingly agree with each other. The actual research article it's all based on is far more mundane, describes a far less reckless approach where rather than almost accidentally killing the planet researchers were working to accurately assess the risk of such an occurrence. The primary source never gets quoted verbatim by the secondary "sources".

The trouble with basically all the conspiracy stuff is the virtual absence of primary sources. A lot of what we want to know is just going to stay unknown and unknowable. It's imho it's ok to crackping that something is horribly wrong but it's easy to succumb to confirmation bias about the specific details especially when online pseudocommunities enter into a feedback loop, as seen with gangstalking "support" groups. What seems clear to me is that such an effect is now being actively engineered across any platform that allows it.

Ace of Baes posted:

you guys should unban cuppy tea, this thread is perfectly fine at self moderating and any anti semitic beliefs they had probably would have been dispelled if they'd lingered for a while longer and educated themselves, the same way liberal dummies come in here hee hawing about 9/11 steel beams jokes only to realize how hosed everything is 100 pages later
"lingered for a while longer and educated themselves" actually does happen for a lot of people but doesn't work for the obsessed. I don't know how far gone cuppy tea was, but once people start treating critical discussion as persecution (which PMJ seems to have succumbed to) there's zero hope that they will accept any input. And one person I've seen doing that and complaining about how discussion of their pet topic was being suppressed by tptb at every opportunity - I dug down I found that they'd been taking control of forums and shutting them down to stop people talking about their topic outside of their own extremely narrow understanding of the topic. They were literally doing to everyone what they perceived their enemies to be doing. And doing the same thing across various platforms for over a decade. Again, it didn't matter what they believed - the end result was the same.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

pretty much. I mean there are multiple football games a week with crowds of nearly 100k people and a dozen people arent dying due to cardiac arrest at every one of those. so yeah, not the vaccine obviously.

this is a dumb reduction because football stadiums have assigned seating.

this was a crush of people in General Admission.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

interested though in what comes from the "person going around injecting people with something" stuff

nothing probably. it's not really a new or particularly strange thing to holler about this type of event, like "someone injecting people" stories go back to the aids crisis and are almost urban legend

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's also incredibly common for rappers to go super grandiose about their wealth power and abilities but I'm also still hmm-ing a bit

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bilirubin posted:

The price of transparency is that sometimes there's really loving boring poo poo.

Ace of Baes posted:

Yeah, this one is a bridge too far for me. Anything antisemitic or racist is gonna get dealt with pretty harshly. I wasn't reading the thread at the time he was perma'ed let alone a mod, but I went back and found the post and holy poo poo yeah no, that's the kind of thing that would get anyone gone permanently. Went back a bit further on their posting and their last stuff reads to me as someone who is seriously mentally unwell and this isn't the place for someone to be dissuaded of antisemitic delusions.

If they've gotten help and have gotten past the antisemitism and understand it was wrong, they should come back under a different name and never link themselves to the cuppy tea account. If they can be a normal, not antisemitic member of the community, no one would ever know.

inferis posted:

Yeah this is where I've definitely landed at. Not gonna ban any discussions but if things get heated and move in circles, I'll ask the thread to drop it for a while and, only if necessary, resort to using minimal 6ers on people who won't drop it, but in general all topics are gonna be given a wide latitude to play out, same as normal.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

this is a dumb reduction because football stadiums have assigned seating.

this was a crush of people in General Admission.

No yeah, I think it was the crush obviously. Me bringing up football stadium crowds was to show how ridiculous the idea that the vaccine was responsible for these deaths and not the crush.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mistermojo posted:

maybe if people stopped paying money to be murdered by dudes (it's always dudes) who are barely hiding their desire to murder someone, anyone, it would stop happening

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

No yeah, I think it was the crush obviously. Me bringing up football stadium crowds was to show how ridiculous the idea that the vaccine was responsible for these deaths and not the crush.

forgive me if I'm misreading the conspiracy but isn't the general conceit that folks are saying myocarditis from vaccination caused more folks to die than would have otherwise?

like I'm not buying it because I've seen the videos so I know what happened but isn't that what the anti vaccine folks are peddling?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

forgive me if I'm misreading the conspiracy but isn't the general conceit that folks are saying myocarditis from vaccination caused more folks to die than would have otherwise?

like I'm not buying it because I've seen the videos so I know what happened but isn't that what the anti vaccine folks are peddling?

yeah. you may be giving them too much credit. I was seeing tweets from people who were claiming that there is no proof that there was any sort of crush occurred.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's also incredibly common for rappers to go super grandiose about their wealth power and abilities but I'm also still hmm-ing a bit

I saw the iconography and pictures and fire, but having been to death metal and dark metal concerts that have symbols that are literally satanic or reference the Illuminati or apocalypse on purpose. Could some of the reaction by some be racist, or not knowing that these stage ideas are old hat, and not just something Travis did for the first time.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I’m just a lurker, but it seems like PMJ’s fallback is about loved they’ve lost in the last year and a half for mental health (and maybe from a vaccine? I dunno) reasons. When confronted by folks who have lost loved ones to covid, I haven’t really seen any response from PMJ. I don’t think this thread works very well when it’s talking about firsthand experiences from posters, since the obvious first response is “okay prove it.” Lots of emotions get involved, people get super pissy.

I do think for PMJ that they wanted to make a point of “this narrative of the security guards being injected with something is going to eventually come back to discredit anti vaxxers by acting like they all think that people are injecting people at concerts.” I think that connection is really tenuous as more context has come out, and I think PMJ has really strong really personal feelings about this topic.

I do think this thread is a good one for skepticism about how capital is handling covid. If folks can freely post pizzagate stuff without any pushback, I don’t see why PMJ shouldn’t be allowed to post anti vax stuff. Why not? We all know that capital is not going to let a good crisis go to waste.

I think PMJ should be allowed to post new info about their beliefs or connect new news stories to them. I also think it should be okay for people to call them an idiot and poo poo on those beliefs. either have a mod step in sometimes to be like “hey get off this topic” or let PMJ post their own thread about covid counter-narratives with the promise that it won’t get gassed but people are free to poo poo on the points made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Toupee Groupie posted:

I saw the iconography and pictures and fire, but having been to death metal and dark metal concerts that have symbols that are literally satanic or reference the Illuminati or apocalypse on purpose. Could some of the reaction by some be racist, or not knowing that these stage ideas are old hat, and not just something Travis did for the first time.

I think at least some of the weirdness around it is that in rap circles Travis is well known as a total industry plant who exercises barely any creative control over his output (I'm pretty sure I've read that he doesn't even write his own lyrics lol) so in that case in all likelihood someone or a group of people working "behind" him made the executive decision to project a bunch of occult imagery to a crowd of people who ended up dying in a massive crush event. Sure it's not uncommon for rappers to have extremely elaborate stage shows, and if there wasn't a crush that lead to the death of multiple people I would barely even register any of the imagery. But that, coupled with all the other weird behaviour etc that took place, like cmon it's just a bit weird is it not? And some metal bands really are satanists and some have had beliefs that have lead to them burning down churches and poo poo, it isn't just always merely about aesthetics even in that case

multistability has issued a correction as of 01:30 on Nov 8, 2021