Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i have returned from the north, hardened and reforged

https://i.imgur.com/vXdIX7K.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

did you pass through the fires of heaven?

somehow. i was lied to and told i would be taking the moderate pack test and arrived at the training to find that i would instead be doing the arduous pack test. so instead of covering 2 miles in 30 minutes wearing 25 pounds, i had to cover 3 miles in 45 minutes wearing 45 pounds. there is a slight difference in level of effort required

hmmm, so this is that tim horton's i've heard so much about

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

vanya investigating a raven's nest

raven's around here scare me. hope vanya doesn't draw their wrath

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Vanya is rejuvenated and is more than a match for an avian foe

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i bounced off This War of Mine a couple of times but god *drat* it's a good game

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
it is done

now let each of us interpret the manuscript in their own way

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Tory's have a 40% approval rate after killing a hundred thousand people.

loving Christ

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

blitz spirit innit bruv

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
may vanya live forever

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

may vanya live forever
his 16th birthday was on monday!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

his 16th birthday was on monday!

cool, now he can drive

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

cool, now he can drive
beep beep

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the small neighborhood pub had 'come out ye black and tans' come onto their spotify playlist. finally makes clear their stance on the perfidious english

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the small neighborhood pub had 'come out ye black and tans' come onto their spotify playlist. finally makes clear their stance on the perfidious english
good.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

you're ... welcome?

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i love ants

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 20, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I wish i had a small, neighborhood pub.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
everyone's a rabbi and nobody gets along

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

How are u posted:

I wish i had a small, neighborhood pub.
we have one, there's a ferocious old lady who grills new patrons at the door and kicks them out if they don't fit her standards

we passed the test, but only to the point we're allowed to come inside and drink, we're not allowed to win a meat raffle yet

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
lowtax is either dead, or recruited fragmaster in an elaborate attempt to fake his death

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

lowtax is either dead, or recruited fragmaster in an elaborate attempt to fake his death

Joking aside: He is dead, confirmed by multiple people including Jeff and Lady Ambien.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Lowtax is dead. Long live literally everyone else.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

What, seriously?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh poo poo yeah

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
time makes fools of us all. some a little sooner than most

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
He shot himself to avoid paying out for a divorce ruling apparently

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Yall fuckin with me or what

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kavros posted:

Yall fuckin with me or what

no, it's actually real

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

He shot himself to avoid paying out for a divorce ruling apparently

very on brand

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Lady Ambien posted in the GBS thread:

LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

Yeah, shot himself to spite his exwife, who he abused, and to make it just that much harder for her to get the money he rightfully owed her.

EDIT: not trying to spam the link to her post, I just think it's better we get the news about what happened straight from the source.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There’s a Gofundme pinned in GBS if you want to help the people he didn’t.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'd like to point out this post by LadyAmbien, too, before everyone is quick to doom a dead man for eternity. We may have lost the founder of this website and a (former) friend to some, but others lost someone they used to love and who also was a father. She also mentioned that what we post today may be googled by his kids later, so keep that in mind.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Goons Are Great posted:

I'd like to point out this post by LadyAmbien, too, before everyone is quick to doom a dead man for eternity. We may have lost the founder of this website and a (former) friend to some, but others lost someone they used to love and who also was a father. She also mentioned that what we post today may be googled by his kids later, so keep that in mind.

yeah but lol he was such a piece of poo poo to the end

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
hello goons are great, it is always a delight to see you :yayclod:

vanya says, let the healing begin

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
And he called out with a mighty voice, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast."

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

awww hell yes I needed some vanya today, thank you, it's an honor to post alongside you both

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
there's no such thing as an unclean bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Goons Are Great posted:

awww hell yes I needed some vanya today, thank you, it's an honor to post alongside you both