Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

How would you even know? Some of them already sound made up. The cast have even outright said that they don't know whether to believe a couple of them, and that they sound made up.

The ones that are fake are created without love, you can feel it in your bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

But as for me and Blastin' Grandma, we believe.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaius Marius posted:

The ones that are fake are created without love, you can feel it in your bones

The cast apparently can't, since while they've doubted a few they've never been able to tell for definite.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The ones they were sure were fake never made it on the show

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

flavor.flv posted:

The ones they were sure were fake never made it on the show

yea the obvious fakes don't make it but it seems like they don't really have an interest in going 'eeeh this may be fake, better not include this entertaining story we can make fun jokes off' just because 'blastin grandma' owns too hard to be real

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It helps that they are less afraid to be slightly mean than mbmbam

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It helps that they are less afraid to be slightly mean than mbmbam

Mbmbam and TAZ are so loving boring now thank god for NADDPOD

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't wanna poo poo on 'em too hard cause there was some good times, but yeah, they really really went downhill.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mbmbam is still ok but TAZ turned into a turd

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Naddpod honestly ruined TAZ for me

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
When I realized 3/4 of the new episodes are Travis, in a bad french accent, talking boring poo poo with Griffin I checked out. Snooze fest. At least NADDPOD is consistently funny.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm a few episodes behind, but Murph doing everything he can to make Grimmy an evil dickhead the characters hate as they all try their best to set him up with Emily's short play character was great; especially for Emily's peals of laughter every time Murph just refused to make him likable (at least, beyond the background level he normally does), while the big bad character was a mostly pragmatic animal lover.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this ep: emily's repeatedly mentioned that she's getting so tired of the 5e spell list, especially at lower levels, after playing it so much and murph giving her a shitton of homebrew spells from old editions as her big reward for this is extremely considerate and nice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I got a feeling That Fia is the actual sister of Cyriaca, Cyriaca's gonna die, and Fia is going to have to Sacrifice herself to open the passage to Elysium.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I wasn’t a big fan of the latest episode. It seems like they’re rapidly accelerating to the finale, and instead of gradually revealing a lot of these plot twists and revelations, they were just thrown out in a big plot-dump. Instead of telling us Irina and Moxora are sisters, show that. Instead of telling us they the gods dipped out, show us. It also seemed convenient that Zirk managed to find the formula he had been looking for in a random book.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I'm done with TAZ. Never got far in to graduation and Ethersea is a slog. It's mostly Travis' fault. He's just the worst.

NADDPOD is consistently great even though I don't like how much they talk over eachother. I get that the manic energy works well but it stresses me out sometimes.

Now Rude Tales of Magic, that's a perfect show.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VaultAggie posted:

I wasn’t a big fan of the latest episode. It seems like they’re rapidly accelerating to the finale, and instead of gradually revealing a lot of these plot twists and revelations, they were just thrown out in a big plot-dump. Instead of telling us Irina and Moxora are sisters, show that. Instead of telling us they the gods dipped out, show us. It also seemed convenient that Zirk managed to find the formula he had been looking for in a random book.

yeah the pacing feels all over the place. they've barely just become blades, and now it's feeling pre endgame? I know they wanted a shorter campaign but we'd still be in Frost wind in the Bahumian arc.

Some of the character work has also felt a little forced. Caldwell, the one who struggles most with defining his character, ended up really going around with his mom in his arc. The Henry stuff has been pretty slight comparatively but worked well, especially Zerk loving up and letting his sons real name slip, but Murphy coming right out and saying his ex-wife wasn't a good person felt strange.

And I honestly struggle to give a poo poo about Irina or bookvar or most of Fias support squad.

I'm also not wild about the cosmology of the world.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think it's been good as hell personally

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Absolutely lost it at Lord Scythe trying and failing to be invisible and just running away down the hallway glowing. What an amazing fight.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bunt

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
The chants of "Whomp whomp whomp" had me dying.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well, they managed to pull it off, but wow that was nonsense.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

whomping of a lifetime

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I'm almost done the "A Faerie Tale" arc. Thanks for the recommendation folks, this has quickly become my favourite Dnd play podcast.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I noticed today that I'm really falling behind on NADDPod, since Murph just put up a notice on Patreon that the final two episodes are taking a while to edit. I'm still about 10 episodes behind, with them fighting the guardians using temporary characters since the party is split. What level are they are at at this point? I'm assuming they're not going to reach 20, but I can't even recall off-hand what level the cast are where I'm at, never mind what level they are now. Have they said anything yet in the Short Rests I haven't listened to about plans post Eldermourne? Whether there'll be a new season at all (presumably/hopefully), what kind of setting/tone they want for this one, presuming it happens, how long a break they'll be taking, what kind of content they hope to do in the meantime etc? I'm hoping in thinking about it quickly that Jake DM's a short show akin to Emily's Hot Boy Summer, but I don't know how much he wants to DM "on camera", so maybe it'll be Caldwell or Emily again.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

drat the full Ill Luck Henry rules

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao emily on the short rest "i didn't say it but billie definitely sucked him off through the bag

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the fanny pack stuff was incredible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

emily's soundtrack is so good, most underrated part of the whole package

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigby for character of the year

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

On the whole I enjoyed Eldermourne. I kinda got confused about who was who in terms of the secondary characters, and the goals of the bad guys, and just in general the world was a less clear than Bahumia for me. I'll probably re-listen to the whole thing at some point. Some of hte earlier arcs were a lot of fun, and I think the stand-alone funniest moment in the series for me (outside of Hexbloods) was the giant throwing poo poo at them on the mountain.

I actually really appreciated the multiple characters in the final arc, having the Hexbloods come back, and what felt like high stakes for the PCs throughout.Lou being there for the final ep was also fantastic.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I had trouble keeping characters straight too, but that was also a problem I had with Bahumia.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Per last night's Short Rest, sounds like Campaign 3 will be coming in roughly February.

Also sounds like they have plans to do more stuff in Eldermourne at some point.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I still like the first campaign the most, but that was pretty enjoyable.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The trinyvale two shot is metal city mayhem

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

All time stupid episode, A+

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

such a perfect trinivale episode: an NPC needs to get out like 30 seconds of exposition and the gang spends 20 minutes in an inexplicable spiral of lies, bullying, and extortion

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I really enjoy just how much Caldwell enables everyone to act their worst as a GM, full yes, anding the chaos offered to him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

them avoiding two separate encounters, teleporting up to dr. robotnik, bullying him for 15 minutes, then brutally executing him was some of the best naddpod content in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

short rest just absurdly off the rails this week lmao