Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also as an example of mal not really working for that purpose, most of the time later seasons have higher scores than earlier seasons, even if the later seasons are generally agreed to be worse. cause the only people watching and rating later seasons are people who at least tolerated the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New cult anime video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1AzowS044

Gonna subscribe just for more of these, they're insane

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im not clicking on that video in a million years but the kyoani happy science ova isn't bad. the aum shinrikyo anime leaves much to be desired however

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mother's basement is ok

just ok though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mostly loling at him spending five years talking about how morally impure sao is and then rebranding himself as Feminist Anituber and then making a vid about how based jobless reincarnation is

cmon dude

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat glad he has better opinions after the rebrand.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i cried at the new mushoku ep, big dadfeels

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I had a list of shows I wanted to watch and lost it. The next one on the list was a show about kids who were also demons(?) that was a horror/action type show and only came out in the last year or 2 but I just cannot remember the name of it. Help!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm going to make a first guess of Kemono Jihen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

dogsicle posted:

i'm going to make a first guess of Kemono Jihen

Yep, that was it!

I know it had a lot of hype here at first but I dont remember hearing much about it later, though I have to assume that was mostly because I took a little vacation from here at the same time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Oh no did I find a bad channel? :ohdear:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my entire experience with Kemono Jihen anime was as someone who read the manga and only knew people watching it who read the manga

so it mostly landed as a solid adaptation. not elevating the material like an OPM or Maidragon, there was some content they had to edit for broadcast, and it's also just a series that starts on the slow side. otherwise consistent quality and plenty of charm to getting to see in color/motion and hear the characters voiced.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it had a sicc op sung by daisuke ono so the adaptation was aight for me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we needed all Kon/Kabane interactions in animation, and it delivered

now can we please get a revival on the scans or an official release

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
some sites like https://www.anime-planet.com/ use english names by default, so you can look there

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Since Im still bouncing between shows what were the good shows/seasons from railgun/index/accelerator? Index is considered the weakest right?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think most people would just recommend watching Railgun, maybe the first half of first season of Index for context on some stuff, but it's not super necessary. I've only watched the first season of Index before going into Railgun. Haven't watched Accelerator personally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Since Im still bouncing between shows what were the good shows/seasons from railgun/index/accelerator? Index is considered the weakest right?
index s1 and s2 are alright but very formulaic ln-y, though at least its a formulaic ln from before isekai took everything over.
index s3 is trying to cram way too much into way too little runtime, the material its adapting is actually pretty interesting but its rushed through in such a way its hard to care about.
all of railgun is good. some of the anime original filler is a bit eh but minus one lame swimsuit ep it's all fairly enjoyable, some of it is even pretty decent.
accelerator is also kind of interesting but very cheaply produced compared to everything else in the franchise and a bit aimless.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

dogsicle posted:

we needed all Kon/Kabane interactions in animation, and it delivered

now can we please get a revival on the scans or an official release

Havent watched yet. Does Mihai sound as evil as he should

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you cant read anime

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

mycophobia posted:

you cant read anime

you're not my real mom

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

index s1 and s2 are alright but very formulaic ln-y, though at least its a formulaic ln from before isekai took everything over.
index s3 is trying to cram way too much into way too little runtime, the material its adapting is actually pretty interesting but its rushed through in such a way its hard to care about.
all of railgun is good. some of the anime original filler is a bit eh but minus one lame swimsuit ep it's all fairly enjoyable, some of it is even pretty decent.
accelerator is also kind of interesting but very cheaply produced compared to everything else in the franchise and a bit aimless.

Im assuming its only loosely tied together as a setting then and its fine if I just watch Railgun only?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Missing Name posted:

Havent watched yet. Does Mihai sound as evil as he should

he's a gamer

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Im assuming its only loosely tied together as a setting then and its fine if I just watch Railgun only?

I've only watched railgun and it's great and 99% self contained. the boring spiky hair guy who shows up occasionally is the index MC, that's all the context you need really

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Furnaceface posted:

Absolutely

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

there's crossover but the parts of index that are important to railgun are covered in-depth in railgun so you don't lose critical context from just watching railgun

at most there's like, one episode of railgun t that stings way harder with the context of index but it's easy to guess what it's going for from how it's presented anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The United States posted:

Oh no did I find a bad channel? :ohdear:
They're All Bad Channels

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
A Certain Preferred Watch-order

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

A Certain Preferred Watch-order

A guide to the *gatari series, by Zetsubou-san.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

homeless snail posted:

They're All Bad Channels
Ok but from the context of the conversation here, especially bad?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd say cringe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mother's basement is just kind of stupid

big fan of the time they did a video praising trails in the sky and called falcom, an indie dev. falcom, the dev studio that popularized the action rpg in the late 80s and was one of the biggest names in japanese computer gaming for decades, literally the last holdout of bigger jp pc games after every other dev had jumped to consoles.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Was he the guy who did an hour long video praising the first episode of Log Horizon? Like, that's my favorite video game isekai, but dear loving god is it a far from flawless series.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mycophobia posted:

you cant read anime

Subs say what?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mycophobia posted:

you cant read anime

A picture is worth a thousand words, and anime has sixteen of them every second. :aaa:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mister Facetious posted:

A picture is worth a thousand words, and anime has sixteen of them every second. :aaa:

And also a thousand words of exposition with each picture, so check and mate.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The saint seiya movies are on Amazon prime are they any good

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stairmaster posted:

The saint seiya movies are on Amazon prime are they any good

Never seen them myself, but Tubi has a bunch of them for free if you don't already have Prime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The United States posted:

Ok but from the context of the conversation here, especially bad?
no im just calling him a lameo im not going to send seal team six after you for watching a lame youtuber dude and its not like he tortures small animals this isnt a moral dilemma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I am and in fact already have engaged seal team six. i'm sorry