Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Looks like the rumor was true, which means Neru is probably hosed next week

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1455788709014646784?s=20

Play meta games, inexplicably blink out of existance.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder what we're getting this time. :)

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1455777784219963392?t=mu5UbS8bcVSSZ9ezdjnmaQ&s=19

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh hell yeah something else from the Jigokuraku author

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oh hell yeah something else from the Jigokuraku author

Yep, Jigokuraku ruled, so I'm preeetty interested in his new work.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

That last one is yet another of those terrible repeating-syllable titles that I think we talked about in this thread a while back.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

That last one is yet another of those terrible repeating-syllable titles that I think we talked about in this thread a while back.
Like Dorohedoro? Dandandan? Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Yeah, like those.

Also, new Twin Star Exorcists and World Trigger chapters are up on the Jump app.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CodfishCartographer posted:

Looks like the rumor was true, which means Neru is probably hosed next week

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1455788709014646784?s=20

Do you...Do you think it's gonna end with the world ending?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, like those.

Also, new Twin Star Exorcists and World Trigger chapters are up on the Jump app.

It’s very funny to read about all these new manga which get canceled for their slow beginnings and then catch up on World Trigger, which might be the slowest major shounen manga of all time

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While Red Hood did not work out, I hope the author's next attempt works out.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

nrook posted:

It’s very funny to read about all these new manga which get canceled for their slow beginnings and then catch up on World Trigger, which might be the slowest major shounen manga of all time

Basically, long-running series can afford being slow, but new, unproven ones can't. It's easy to forget about it now, but the beginning of World Trigger is pretty fast-paced too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Curious to see how Golem Hearts guy's next manga works out. For some reason they give me similar vibes to the guy who made Red Sprite and Iron Knight; someone who is skilled at making/drawing shounen manga but doesn't really have what it takes to stand out and make it in WSJ.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, like those.

each chapter of world trigger is more world triggerish than before.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Ashihara unironically venting his videogame dreams here and I for one would be more than willing to give such a game a try.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

each chapter of world trigger is more world triggerish than before.

It's the best

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk I can appreciate world trigger sticking to its guns but I really wish literally anything happened in it

what was even the plot again? they've been trying to get on the away mission for so long and I had hoped that finishing the ranked wars would have gotten the plot finally moving again

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk I can appreciate world trigger sticking to its guns but I really wish literally anything happened in it

what was even the plot again? they've been trying to get on the away mission for so long and I had hoped that finishing the ranked wars would have gotten the plot finally moving again

They are going to spend 2 irl years in front of computers talking. Super boring and useless unless all these people are going and we learn all about how they think.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, like those.

Phew, finally done with the invasion. Now how the hell did they get a literal god in a straight jacket? Still a fun chapter, I missed Seigen.

Anyone checkout Show-ha Shoten?

I liked it. It was funny and sweet.

The translator is going to go through hell and back on this one though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked it. Was a little disappointed that it is a monthly series though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Edens Zero - Racist Grandpa ruins everything, film at 11.

That said I don't think Ziggy's walk that one off. Or, at all once Shiki gets his hands on him.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

Edens Zero - Racist Grandpa ruins everything, film at 11.

That said I don't think Ziggy's walk that one off. Or, at all once Shiki gets his hands on him.

Are we reading the same thing?
What is there for Zggy to walk off from other than losing his head which didn't do anything?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sorry, bad phrasing. I mean after that, the question is less Shiki eventually killing him and more how wide the splash zone is going to be.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 6, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre not on the same planet. Nero warped the bombs to where Shiki and co. are, then Ziggy stole the warp power and activated the bombs himself with it.

I wonder if the fallout from this arc will stick. Weve already had the one mulligan before, plus Rebecca's future sight scene.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Besides the whole todo with Draken, the time leaping hasn't been much a thing and death has been pretty much for keeps.

Hell, the read I get is that timeline hopping is what got us this version of Ziggy (both alive and a massive robo-supremist prick) in the first place.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly shocked at the death numbers in that arc of EZ.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly shocked at the death numbers in that arc of EZ.

Ironically, the amount of death overall was kind of at normal levels until the characters tried to stop dying.

Well, minus that one planet that got time-ate. That one was just about a complete write off.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 6, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I guess the people that wanted neru to have a clear goal got their wish

it was in the penultimate chapter after it was clearly cancelled, but...

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I kind of have to admire how Red Hood managed to make its ending be 'the real adventure starts now' somehow. It sucked rear end, but you gotta appreciate it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do actually kinda appreciate it. Red Hood basically going I don't want an ending I just want to continue is kinda depressing, but better than going "Everyone live happily ever after" or "Everyone dies the end"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sakamoto Days: The Order continue to be hilariously terrifying and also they appear to be getting rid of the one thing I didn’t really like about the manga, Taro conveniently becoming a bishonen every time the fighting gets serious

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I loving love Nagumo's massive Swiss army knife.

Ninitsy in Magu-chan is too adorable

Look at this guy :kimchi:

Witch Watch had a pretty funny take on going fast and Mashle this week has some classic Mash.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've decided to finally finish summer time rendering after bouncing off it as it was being translated weekly. At chapter 89 so far and I'm sort of glad I did because its pretty good and I can binge it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

well I guess the people that wanted neru to have a clear goal got their wish

it was in the penultimate chapter after it was clearly cancelled, but...

Yeah, if this had been around as a motive earlier, the manga might have had a chance. Basic motivations are important, as it turns out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Elusive Samurai: God, the Hoshino dudes are fun. Especially the psychopath. Love that man. Wish I could have that kind of passion burning within me.

Mashle: This arc just keeps getting funnier and funnier. loving billiards. The bad jokes were funnier in the illegal Korean scans though... Also got a banger of a quote from Mashle at the end there.

Red Witch: I haven't read it yet.

Robocco: Relatable.

Sakamoto: drat, some really nice and creepy art in this chapter. Nagano feels hella intimidating. Guess it's up to Apart to prove that the death row inmates aren't complete mooks!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Witch Watch took an unexpected turn into horror this week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nagano revealing himself to be the reflection was a super cool shot.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sindai posted:

Witch Watch took an unexpected turn into horror this week.

Yeah I can’t say I was expecting the wacky premise of “I’m gonna make myself super fast for three days to do menial chores” to end up being handed like that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

Nagano revealing himself to be the reflection was a super cool shot.

Yeah it's dope and spooky, like a scene in a horror movie/shot that takes place in a house of mirrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do actually kinda appreciate it. Red Hood basically going I don't want an ending I just want to continue is kinda depressing, but better than going "Everyone live happily ever after" or "Everyone dies the end"
still pretty salty about Marry Grave's ending