Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Has there been any report yet the league is going to investigate Rogers?

I saw a chyron earlier today on red zone saying “rodgers is not facing suspension” but it didn’t have sourcing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1457394548255113228

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whats to investigate

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tim Whatley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeBWYwDls1A

It really was an awesome meltdown in retrospect. 100% wouldn't fly just a handful of years later

This was a great video. Thanks for it. Like I'm not exactly a huge Odell fan but this stuff is usually forgiven when you can back it up and cause your team to win. He has talent, and I put it more on the Browns that never used him and wasted 3 years of his career.

Hopefully he finds a good home elsewhere and finishes his career well.

EDIT: Also it it just me or is Mahomes not his usual dominant 20+ points a game self?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q69tyPdLp5U

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So do the coaches rank as follows?

Bill
Andy
Tomlin
Harbaugh
McVay
Carroll

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

If this was like Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson or like the Broncos QBs of years past, there definitely would be suspensions. Not going to suspend a league star, and the fines are always laughable anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maybe Rodgers will just keep testing positive and that’ll be his defacto suspension

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe Rodgers will just keep testing positive and that’ll be his defacto suspension

Remember that one dude who had that hi-larious running "joke" about how Rodgers was actually gay? I'm sure that brain genius could work wonders with Rodgers testing positive repeatedly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Actually now that he's tested positive he won't be tested again for 90 days!

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Doesn't he have to test negative or something before being allowed to play again?

Nov 6, 2002

https://www.yahoo.com/now/aaron-rodgers-gets-90-day-130548124.html

quote:

The good news, if there is any, for the Packers arising from the positive COVID test generated by quarterback Aaron Rodgers is that, for 90 days after his positive test, the previously secretly unvaccinated quarterback won’t have to be tested. That’s one of the aspects of the joint NFL-NFLPA COVID protocols about which the delicate genius surely won’t be complaining.

So when does the 90 days expire? MDS has done the count. Rodgers won’t be tested again until two days after the NFC Championship, if the Packers are still alive at that point.

The testing would resume 12 days before the Super Bowl, putting him at risk of being knocked out for the NFL title game, if the Packers are still alive at that point.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lmao: Rodgers gonna be a super spreader.

I hope he is a long haul case now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sheri posted:

Doesn't he have to test negative or something before being allowed to play again?

Yeah - I don't think he's allowed back to facilities until he's had back to back negatives. Afterwards he doesn't have to be tested for 90 days, which does generally line up with the data. People don't typically catch it again until after 90 days.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How is it all these athletes never test positive after their quarantine time? It completely flies in the face of reality considering people with covid can go months and still test positive.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

How is it all these athletes never test positive after their quarantine time? It completely flies in the face of reality considering people with covid can go months and still test positive.
You gotta want it

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

They have tons of money and access to Healthcare

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lmao: Rodgers gonna be a super spreader.

I hope he is a long haul case now.

Well, we at least know he doesn't have worms (or at least whatever worms horses get)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao

https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1457417905805701122?t=eRAnJMklPY_I-iMrqo-XmA&s=19

Nov 6, 2002

Red Rover Red Rover send Justin Jefferson over.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

No Butt Stuff posted:

They have tons of money and access to Healthcare

Regeneron

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Only the best horse paste and medical treatment from noted MD, Joe Rogan

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Red Rover Red Rover send Justin Jefferson over.

I prefer the old mic’s up version from John Randle: “Red Rover Red Rover, let them motherfuckers come on over.”

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

That is a fairly rare experience with covid and not likely to come up in the sample size of a few hundred player cases.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nfl_memes/status/1457506838216331265

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What a throw

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1457481213803909126?t=FFRmWhmJL5a03-vBXx3aRA&s=19

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

NFC:
5 teams with 6+ wins
3 teams with 4 or 5 wins
8 teams with 3 or less wins

AFC:
2 teams with 6+ wins
10 teams with 4-5 wins
4 teams with 3 or less wins

Parity thy name is AFC

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
AFC owns.

NFC is so bad that the Falcons are currently a playoff team.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I always do a double take whenever I see Mike's name and I had to look it up - there have been 5 Mike Williams...es that have played WR in the NFL.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1457560567355371523

Titans just swept the hardest part of their schedule

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

And did it partially without Henry

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
still confident henry can be back for the playoffs

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1457700298416340993

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

still confident henry can be back for the playoffs

Has that been raised as a possibility?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Harris is a great player and looks like a legit good guy, I hope the Steelers don't burn him out before his first big payday.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has that been raised as a possibility?

They're unsure. It's a broken bone in his foot that he had surgically repaired. Asking my medical friends has yielded "that's usually a couple months to be completely healed."

But that's also without whatever the horse equivalent of HGH is that he'll get.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Titans just swept the hardest part of their schedule

How in the world did the Jets loss happen? Henry went for 150+, Tanny threw for almost 300, they had no turnovers. And lost. To the Jets.

Ate a lot of sacks it looks like which is the only egregious thing I see off the top of my head looking at the box score. Weren't good on third downs and had a fair amount of penalties. Still. They're the Jets.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

How in the world did the Jets loss happen?

AFC

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

How in the world did the Jets loss happen? Henry went for 150+, Tanny threw for almost 300, they had no turnovers. And lost. To the Jets.

Ate a lot of sacks it looks like which is the only egregious thing I see off the top of my head looking at the box score. Weren't good on third downs and had a fair amount of penalties. Still. They're the Jets.

They were out their top two receivers which maybe doesn't bode well if they are two pass catchers away from being a jets tier team. Also, any given Sunday, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

For the 1000th time they were without their top 2 wrs and the wr3 hurt himself in game so the jets, who have nfl players, were able to prevent any passing game pretty easily and on top of that all the penalties killed a lot of chances