Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I apologise to PWG for expecting this Mystery Vortex 7 disc to turn up in several months.

Demonic Flamita has gotten jacked as hell & his back is loving gross. Still a cool wrestler though, and still very agile despite that extra mass.

Opener with Deppen & Jack Cartwheel was a totally enjoyable spotfest, the sort of match I assume was better live than on disc where suddenly I care about selling German suplex exchanges.

Show closing angle loving rules & I won't say more in the off chance you've not heard about it

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Didn’t think I’d be seeing Onita wrestle live again but here I am

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Always turn up for Onita. His last is indie spot was all sorts of wild but this one’s actually producing fun indie bullshit.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah, been a pretty fun show so far

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Didn’t think I’d be seeing Onita wrestle live again but here I am

It's an insane experience

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1454987222910963714?s=21

https://twitter.com/danhausenad/status/1454996225485418500?s=21

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 1, 2021

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
At second intermission, Onita-Tremont up next, eventually.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lmao they are killing time for some reason

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 1, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the explosive light tubes are great

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

the explosive light tubes are great

yeah that was definitely the best part, holy poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Absolute spectacle. Way better than AEW’s attempt.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The solid minute of fireworks after the explosion from the barbed wire was incredible. The whole thing was incredible

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I found the where all the innovation in death matches comes from!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Desperately want to see Nick Gage in a lab coat studying a light tube.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lookit this fuckin things it’s made of motherfucking glass.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I still can’t believe I got to see Onita blow poo poo up in person. What a great night, fun show all around.

Also shout out to the dorks sitting in my section loudly complaining about everything all night long. Everyone I talked to tonight was cool and having A great time except for those losers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1454993883817992195

d'awwww :buddy:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DEFY sold out of all reserved seating for its upcoming show (with Moxley and Janela) 8 minutes after the pre-sale code was released. Only General Admission is left.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

such a bummer that there wasn’t a larger crowd for Cobb v Fatu. such an incredible match!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The forbidden door to the smoldering ruins of ROH is open

https://twitter.com/RichHomieJuice/status/1455588444911153153

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

the escape goat posted:

such a bummer that there wasn’t a larger crowd for Cobb v Fatu. such an incredible match!

Great up until the ending. I get why but I was still a bit sad.

Katch/Van and Wayne/Alexander really came through for me, though — enjoyed the card as a whole very much.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its really sad to see all this great indy stuff and I'm stuck in Denver where theres...not a lot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LionYeti posted:

Its really sad to see all this great indy stuff and I'm stuck in Denver where theres...not a lot.

find yourself a money mark and an abandoned k-mart.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

coconono posted:

find yourself a money mark and an abandoned k-mart.

If I did win the lottery I would definitely put on a few wrestling supercards , I'm not dumb enough to think I could do a whole promotion.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hoodslam drew over 2,000 people last night for an outdoor show. Great news for them!

https://twitter.com/ThatMattCarlos/status/1457015413724758016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that is a ridiculous number. i can't think of any other american indies that can boast a number like that since like... all in

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

that is a ridiculous number. i can't think of any other american indies that can boast a number like that since like... all in

It depends on your definition of indie. ROH and Impact can manage that for big shows. New Japan got about that many for the LA show they did with Archer/Tanahashi

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't understand how xpw managed to come back after DSoTR aired and have managed to attract real wrestlers for their comeback

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

NEW routinely draws in the thousands in Connecticut and New York. Nobody really considers them a "cool indie" because they book a ton of ex-WWE guys and tend to cater to family audiences, but they've always done well in their niche.

Benne fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 8, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pamela Springstein posted:

I don't understand how xpw managed to come back after DSoTR aired and have managed to attract real wrestlers for their comeback

I didn't even see the card nor did I bother looking while considering this post. Never underestimate the power of a payday. Esp when there's quite a few dudes that would love to get back to touchin kids and beating women.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Thexpwwrestling/status/1457542468602318850

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Rob Black counted a pin in the main event and some ref shenanigans ensued and Brian Cage is your xpw world heavyweight champion

I know wrestlers are carny but there should be a limit

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he actually counted two pins lol. before the above ref fight and fast count he also counted the original willie mack pinfall. an achievement in nonsense

https://twitter.com/Thexpwwrestling/status/1457541774981935106

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I always said what wrestling lacked was enough Rob Black

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did this get started because they knew there was going to be an upcoming episode of dark side of the ring to garner "interest'?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what in the gently caress

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

did this get started because they knew there was going to be an upcoming episode of dark side of the ring to garner "interest'?

Probably. I remember seeing it come up a couple months back and its whole thing was "gently caress cancel culture and woke losers" so I assume they were banking on people being disgusted by the Dark Side episode and using that wave of poo poo/momentum to fuel them. I don't think anyone cared that much, though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the episode sucked big time. kinda felt bad for the incredibly stupid guy tho. me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Javichohervas/status/1457824537077288968
Jeez why go through all the effort for Travis Banks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i feel bad for Millie McKenzie because she was getting a lot of buzz then signed to NXT UK and then the pandemic hit and I just get really sad thinking of the combination of terrible people and unfortunate circumstances she's had to deal with

even more sad that I only thought about it because Bandido loving booked Travis Banks in a mask what are you doing