Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No he says that because the little box isn’t inside the bigger box it’s akshually split screen and not Picture in Picture

Lance is right again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You gonna tell Excalibur and JR they’re wrong????

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That son of a bitch told me it was restaurant quality!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The cyber bullies on this forum tell JR he's wrong all the time, now they can be justified. They are false advertising and it is vile.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 7, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
A split screen would be a literal split in the middle. Half on the top and half on the bottom, or half on the right and half on the left. What AEW uses is called a shared screen experience w/ background, or SCEB as we call it in the biz.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

actually jr is saying picture n picture. so he is right.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mkay0 posted:

He’s talked about it many times. It’s no more a ‘trick’ than learning that if you use correct form, you can get better at lifting weights. It’s just explaining how best to leverage your elbow so that it’s a shoulder and back movement as opposed to a bicep one.

I wonder if there's video of this. I want to be like Ryu, winning arm wrestling tournaments for my means of survival.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No he says that because the little box isn’t inside the bigger box it’s akshually split screen and not Picture in Picture

Lance owns. Being an absolute crank about minutiae like this is what makes life worth living. I implore all of you to find some dipshit little grievance that nobody else cares about and make it a significant part of your personality.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Lance owns. Being an absolute crank about minutiae like this is what makes life worth living. I implore all of you to find some dipshit little grievance that nobody else cares about and make it a significant part of your personality.

Ceterum censeon PIP esse delendam

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

NienNunb posted:

Yes, this is already what fuels a great number of podcasts and people posting about wrestling. You don't need to encourage it, you just need to swim through the near endless ocean of boring takes for people like Lance.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan at the start of the B&V show starting to argue with Vinny before realising he has nothing to argue about was very funny.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I was sad that Vinny doesn't like the whole Budge angle, but I see where he's coming from.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t know what Budge is. I don’t know what Thatb is. I advocate for a separation of Show and Vlog

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I don’t know what Budge is. I don’t know what Thatb is. I advocate for a separation of Show and Vlog

Budge was brought up on Rampage, and is thus Show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

They helpfully explained the former in two promo segments and THATB happened on "show."

I would advise watching the show.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
idk why silly man says budge so it's dumb and Too Inside but the rapper poking fun at the other guys father in law was great

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I feel Budge would get over if it was better explained on the TV show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He's not wrong. I don't get stuck on it like he does, but it's true.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

idk why silly man says budge so it's dumb and Too Inside but the rapper poking fun at the other guys father in law was great

Like weirdly I agree. The heels doing dumb insider poo poo works for me, but the babyface cutting an insider promo on the heel didn't work for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

budge

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Budge is only catchphrase over.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can’t blame John Hungie for trying to stay over when he’s weeks away from getting sent back to the Dark mines after hang man loses again

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looking at the Show Rundown I think we can safely say we have a classic Meltzer Tangent on our hands:

30:15: Best of the Super Junior lineups
33:43: The 10-9 scoring system
48:37: World Tag League participants

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Kind of - WTL participants were announced while they were recording, but the scoring thing still morphed into a tangent where Meltzer couldn’t remember the word dominance.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Punch McLightning posted:

Kind of - WTL participants were announced while they were recording, but the scoring thing still morphed into a tangent where Meltzer couldn’t remember the word dominance.

You are forgetting the power outtage.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

where Meltzer couldn’t remember the word dominance.

I know it's because he went and looked it up himself but I loved that after all Dave's rustling and shifting and muttering Bryan finally just screams,"DOMINANCE!" and Dave, like a record that had skipped, just settles back into the groove immediately and goes back to talking.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
liked how the whole spiel on the 10-8 system did not include an explanation of how scoring in UFC works. i figure the winner always gets 10 and if the other guy does well he gets 9, okay he gets an 8 and if he doesn't do well he gets a 7, kinda like a videogame

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
From context clues it seems that even being vaguely in the match gets you a 9, not being knocked out gets you an 8 and a 7 is reserved for when your opponent removes your skull and vertebral column from your torso.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HidaO-Win posted:

From context clues it seems that even being vaguely in the match gets you a 9, not being knocked out gets you an 8 and a 7 is reserved for when your opponent removes your skull and vertebral column from your torso.

Yeah that's about it,

It then settled to roughly 8 was near death / flogging and 9 was everything else.

But of course now lol it's back to just 10 9s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Can I vote Bryan vs DST for feud of the year?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Basically, "10 point must" means that the round winner always gets 10 points unless there's a point deduction. Under the current rules, the scoring is *supposed* to work like this:

* 10-9 for most rounds.
* 10-8 for a round where the winner racks up at least two of what John McCarthy calls "the three Ds" of dominance, damage, and duration. So a total shutout should be a 10-8, as should a near finish, etc. But a knockdown is not an inherent 10-8 like in boxing. You can get knocked down and win the round 10-9 because it wasn't ostensibly a concussive knockdown. (Like if the fighter is clearly catching themselves the whole way down.)
* 10-7 is if the referee failed to do his job and the fight should have been stopped. Round 2 of Neil Magny vs. Hector Lombard is one of the fights McCarthy uses as an example of a 10-7 in his judging course.

(A 10-10 is theoretically possible, but can almost never happen in practice because of the tiered criteria breaking ties in the more important criteria. A legitimate 10-10 can pretty much only ever happen if fighters did absolutely nothing or a technical decision was called due to an accidental foul before either fighter could do anything in that round. Because the incomplete round is still scored.)

Also, I forgot to post this here:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1457601199881048070

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Granny's Questions posted:

What is the strangest thing you've seen the Undertaker endorse?

I'm sure I'm projecting into the long pause that followed this but this was all that sprang to mind:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what is the t-shirt even for, i assume some neo-nazi biker thing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shawn Spears

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

from what i can make out of the text on the shirt itself it says "Blending Fine Art and Harley-Davidson" so I assume it's some kind of custom chopper shop or something

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

from what i can make out of the text on the shirt itself it says "Blending Fine Art and Harley-Davidson" so I assume it's some kind of custom chopper shop or something

Yeah, it's for an old shop called Dago Choppers in Ocean Beach, CA.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Alaois posted:

So yes then.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan: Alright, we have a couple of minutes left. Take us quickly through these NXT reports.
Dave: *heavy sigh*...aw man...
Bryan: I know.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

Yeah, it's for an old shop called Dago Choppers in Ocean Beach, CA.

man they just went all out on the racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Could NXT dark horse win worst weekly show?