Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I only have a single anemo (traveler) and it’s wearing on me because I love electro traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh wait, i forgot windtrace was good. so co-op is redeemed

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

because I love electro traveler

….what? Why??

The worst part of the inazuma release is finding electro traveller to be both boring and useless.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Co-op exists for me to get furious at getting randos trying to join my world for no reason because that drat setting never seems to keep between sessions

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

….what? Why??

The worst part of the inazuma release is finding electro traveller to be both boring and useless.

I have a soft spot for "boring but functional" and I don't have any electro swords because I never got Keqing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you could bring your whole 4-character party to co-op I think I would use it more often when farming random domains or whatever.
But losing 3/4ths of your toolkit makes the combat pretty dull, and also makes a lot of characters just stop working entirely, like what is solo Hu Tao gonna do without a hydro source or a shielder?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

I have a soft spot for "boring but functional" and I don't have any electro swords because I never got Keqing.

I’d give you one of the 6 I’ve rolled.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah, co-op feels like a thing they put in before they really designed how any of the systems people actually use work, since ceding control over elemental reactions is the surest way to feel like garbage in this game.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, co-op feels like a thing they put in before they really designed how any of the systems people actually use work, since ceding control over elemental reactions is the surest way to feel like garbage in this game.

In the past, when doing the Mondstadt talent domain with my friend who runs Bennett, I've brought Kazuha along with the goal of Swirling around Pyro off of the self-application from Bennett's burst. It's been an exercise in frustration every time, because he tries to hold Bennett's burst until one of us takes enough damage that we need healing instead of keeping the field up constantly. :negative:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

keqing is the only good character

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
she can teleport so she's automatically Cool

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

she can teleport so she's automatically Cool

nothin personnel traveller

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the co-op would probably be pretty functional if it was always duos (like when you're just two players in coop) since you can opt for either resonance (and react off another resonance pair) or bring your own reactions for stuff like hutao+xq.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it just me or is the final labyrinth difficulty really cranked up? I went from never giving the defensive buffs a second thought to worrying Kokomi could actually die.

In any case, pretty fun event. I hope we see more of Xinyan and Flat Samley in the future.

Yes, it's a massive increase. First time in a long time that Zhongli's shield would be broken before I could refresh it. Actually failed a couple runs with my Yoimiya party before succeeding with an Ayaka freeze one.

I like how one of the buffs gives you an extra constellation level. Rare opportunity to play around with constellations.

Sanctum posted:

How do you figure that? Everything in the game has a $0 value.

I spend $20 on Welkins over 4 months and get 12000 primos from that. Using those primos I roll 81 times for Hu Tao c1 and get Qiqi c1 instead. What did I get for $20. Tell me what I got.

If you really want to talk monetary value, you could probably sell a good Genshin account for a decent sum of money.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Would be cool if they allowed all coop players to swap between 2 characters and vastly increased enemy health % based on number of players

I'm sure there's a lot of insanity that 4 players with 8 characters could do, but they'd have to balance that with a huge increase in enemy health. Wait, but then they have to balance that around newer players who might not be running some perpetual deathvortex rotation and would find coop unplayable because of the harshly scaled difficulty.

Well, there's gotta be something better than the existing system. Coop just makes the game harder, the only reward is you get to play with other people.

Ytlaya posted:

If you really want to talk monetary value, you could probably sell a good Genshin account for a decent sum of money.
I do not!

A poster was disparaging the value of the BP pass, saying:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

all of those things except the rolls are a $0 value

Sanctum posted:

How do you figure that? Everything in the game has a $0 value.

I spend $20 on Welkins over 4 months and get 12000 primos from that. Using those primos I roll 81 times for Hu Tao c1 and get Qiqi c1 instead. What did I get for $20. Tell me what I got.
I was just being nihilistic. :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i did the final thing tonight because i still needed to draw some high level charms for a mission

definitely see what was meant about the difficulty. to begin with it has nastier enemy lineups, but they really do take advantage of reactions against you by throwing out clashing auras or samachurl duos that will burn or lock you down. ended up limping through as my Mona had low hp (14k) and was not equipped with Amber so she ate poo poo a couple times due to reaction setups, and even Ayaka got taken down once. i can barely believe i got a kill on the pyro cube after losing my only hydro in the team lol

i think the buffs were mostly boring and didn't care for or engage with the magic system despite buffs pushing it. ultimately wouldn't mind more of this at a similar difficulty if it also had puzzles and some more interesting buff stuff or a magic replacement.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

It's this. Combat in this game in general kind of sucks because like 80% of their user base plays on mobile. It sucks a lot more when you're locked to 1 to 2 characters.

People play fortnite on their phones :shrug:

I hope they do more with co-op, it's more fun doing stuff with friends.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
lol my klee died early in the final event dungeon, but my kazuha/xingqiu/bennett are still jacked out of their minds and cleared their way through to a recovery station

and by then I'd picked up the 10% resistance and two +15% defense charms and now klee was made of explosives and fury

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Yeah, give me more co-op content so I can play games with my GF.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

raverrn posted:

Yeah, give me more co-op content so I can play games with my GF.

i also want to play games with raverrn's GF

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
co-op is great, my friends can help me farm artifacts by destroying all the domains for me so I don't have to do much.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The best multiplayer interaction was the teapot.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Co-op's not so bad with the right team, like the time I found myself using my melt Ganyu (don't judge me) with someone else's Diluc. Normally I would only have time to get off two or three charged shots before having to switch out, but with someone else applying pyro consistently the crits were a thing of beauty.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I liked when events had a big dumb co-op part at the end, like the alchemic thing and unreconciled stars and best of all the hell whopperflower (the array was a bit too easy). It felt fun and silly and was a nice way to signal that the event had ended. Co-op domains feel different/worse, mostly because they're already so short and they don't have resurrection mechanics like events do.

We havent had a co-op combat event since 2.0 so it seems like it's been dismissed either way.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
coop definitely can clear stuff faster than single player, you can have childe applying hydro for two vapes (he applies fast enough tbh), and then a kazuha with sac sword just constantly applying his buff and VV and regrouping everyone up

but most of the time you run into A3 yoimiyas who dont realize that they can't rely on their zhongli shield in coop and just straight up die, or the people who pick their C0 zhonglis into a comp with ayaka and a kokomi already selected, and to compensate for loving up the freezes they burst for 30k or something

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, my anecdotal experience with co-op is that about 10% of the time you get someone running a level 90 Ayaka/Diluc/Raiden that just obliterates the domain in ten seconds, and the other 90% of the time it's people taking a full two minutes to hit ready on their level 65 swimsuit Barbara and immediately eating poo poo to the slowest, most telegraphed Lawachurl attack possible. While those rare instances where a team comp really clicks and you just whomp everything feels great, ultimately for me it's just been faster and less frustrating to run the domain by myself.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My experience doing co-op is childe one shotting me with some attack I couldnt even see because of all the stuff flying all over the screen

I do like co-op tho. Makes my qiqi super useful at least

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

People play fortnite on their phones :shrug:

Yeah, and unless Fortnite silos off mobile users from console/PC users, I'm sure they have a lovely time of it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Combat in this game is legitimately amazing and is one of the minor miracles that made this game so explosively popular. It's the most fun I've had with combat since bayonetta - which is pretty incredible given how many abilities and movesets it has to support. What is it bad compared to?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Moose King posted:

Yeah, my anecdotal experience with co-op is that about 10% of the time you get someone running a level 90 Ayaka/Diluc/Raiden that just obliterates the domain in ten seconds, and the other 90% of the time it's people taking a full two minutes to hit ready on their level 65 swimsuit Barbara and immediately eating poo poo to the slowest, most telegraphed Lawachurl attack possible. While those rare instances where a team comp really clicks and you just whomp everything feels great, ultimately for me it's just been faster and less frustrating to run the domain by myself.

I just did like 75% of my artifact farming for Hu Tao on co-op and I’d say that almost every time there was someone brining a level 50 whoever to the domain. Or bringing pyro when the domain specifically says “hey causing overload is gonna kill you” and then they die in like 5 seconds.

The times when it works out and I end up with leveled people who know what they’re doing is very fun and worth it though.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I watched this again, still love the gag at 53-54 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xd0iObkBeU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No Wave posted:

I liked when events had a big dumb co-op part at the end, like the alchemic thing and unreconciled stars and best of all the hell whopperflower (the array was a bit too easy). It felt fun and silly and was a nice way to signal that the event had ended. Co-op domains feel different/worse, mostly because they're already so short and they don't have resurrection mechanics like events do.

We havent had a co-op combat event since 2.0 so it seems like it's been dismissed either way.

I bet people have been either saying they don't engage with coop or want less of it in the surveys

personally, I'm ok with coop being there as long as I'm not forced into it. it was fun for prop hunt but mostly I'm not interested

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Co-op means someone can bring Venti and suddenly Ayaka's burst murders everything in sight lol

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Being the Venti-Haver for every group is really nice tbh. Makes up for pubbies being bad most of the time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Magus42 posted:

Co-op means someone can bring Venti and suddenly Ayaka's burst murders everything in sight lol

Oh as a Venti haver I guess I should pull for Ayaka when she rolls back around then huh

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyoro posted:

Oh as a Venti haver I guess I should pull for Ayaka when she rolls back around then huh

Ayaka is dominating the meta right now, so she's not really a bad pull under any circumstance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My priority list for anyone saving rolls

Zhongli-------------------------------------------------------->your waifu/husbando

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

So on the stat details for various skills, when it says like “Skill DMG%” or “Elemental Burst DMG%” or whatever does that mean “% of your ATK”? Or am I missing some other stat?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
"Damage bonus" is a separate stat from "attack", and they're multiplied together.
The damage formula is basically

[(character base attack + weapon attack) * (1 + increased attack %) + flat attack from feather/bennett] * (1 + sum of all applicable bonus %s)

So if you had +50% pyro damage bonus and +25% charged attack bonus, your Klee's charged attack would have a total of +75% damage bonus, and this would multiply the final damage after all attack/crit bonuses, not just your base attack.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Still bitter that daylight savings time change ruined my routine and I missed turning in commissions. Rip friendship xp.