Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Mother's Basement has some amusing videos in which he goes anime dumpster diving and he got me to watch FMA:B but a lot of his serious critique videos (like his OP analysis) has always sounded like the most basic of art criticism stretched over a 30 min video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I am and in fact already have engaged seal team six. i'm sorry

whens the wedding

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the most positive mother's basement video view i have is that he guest starred on the worst stop skeletons from fighting video and was the only person who seemed to understand what rule of rose was about because somehow nobody else in the video managed to parse the incredibly obvious themes of rule of rose, a game that ends with the protagonist wandering through her memories of childhood with a regained sense of clarity and lamenting how nobody at the orphanage was ever given proper guidance or a chance at life

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 8, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the most positive mother's basement video view i have is that he guest starred on the worst stop skeletons from fighting video and was the only person who seemed to understand what rule of rose was about because somehow nobody else in the video managed to parse the incredibly obvious themes of rule of rose, a game that ends with the protagonist wandering through her memories of childhood with a regained sense of clarity and lamenting how nobody at the orphanage was ever given proper guidance or a chance at life

to be fair it is not very surprising that a bunch of game youtubers did not understand a story about teenage girls trauma

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The United States posted:

Oh no did I find a bad channel? :ohdear:
he's fine, don't worry. he's a dork who makes anime analysis videos, he's not a grifter or criminal, his videos can be very hit or miss but I do greatly enjoy his dumpster dive videos.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anitubers suck. bring in the dancing lobsters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

anitubers suck. bring in the dancing lobsters

Extremely cultured reference

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
In tonight's Tubi anime, "NOTHING VENTURE, NOTHING WIN."

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Captain Invictus posted:

he's fine, don't worry. he's a dork who makes anime analysis videos, he's not a grifter or criminal, his videos can be very hit or miss but I do greatly enjoy his dumpster dive videos.
Ok I was worried for a bit there. I'm still on the first cult anime video and its amazing and hilarious. Cults commissioning their own anime is fascinating.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

homeless snail posted:

I am and in fact already have engaged seal team six. i'm sorry

congratulations

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kild posted:

I really liked Elfen Lied at 14, I dont expect I'd like it today.
Hear hear

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I finally got around to watching Elfen Lied last year and loving hated it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Das Boo posted:

I finally got around to watching Elfen Lied last year and loving hated it.

It wore on me a lot. But as a story about surviving trauma and moving on. It was extremely powerful.

But then I watched the whole thing from Lucy's perspective and I found her very relatable.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its been so long since i watched elfen lied the lens i remember it through is the fact that i also watched another anime by the same original creator, brynhildr, and couldn't take it seriously because it was about girls who melt if they dont take witch pills except it's also a harem surrounding one of the most milquetoast anime guys ever

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the best thing about brynhildr in the darkness was the OP

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

The saint seiya movies are on Amazon prime are they any good

They're okay. Most are just an hour long. They're basically like a filler arc condensed in a single hour. The norse one was so popular they remade it in vastly superior form as an entire arc in the anime.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Just finished watching Texhnolyze. It was definitely one of the better early 2000s grim philoshopical cyberpunk shows I've seen so far. I enjoyed the well-realized character development and impecable atmosphere, but the themes and incredibly grim conclusion didn't really resonate with me.

Did anyone else here see it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The OP introduced me to Juno Reactor but I think I only watched four episodes unfortunately

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

The OP introduced me to Juno Reactor but I think I only watched four episodes unfortunately

you are the only one who was introduced to them by that and not the matrix revolutions soundtrack

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

https://twitter.com/dokidokigalaxy/status/1351009703850074124?s=20

I checked wiki. It's all true. I can't believe it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maaaaaaybe.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That's a lot of fish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Lupin VIII was a co-production with DiC, and the problem is that DiC is co-owned in France, which means the LeBlanc estate could more easily go after the production.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plutonis posted:

you are the only one who was introduced to them by that and not the matrix revolutions soundtrack

Texhnolyze came out first (only just)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
The lol anime is good??????????

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Yeah it's good, it doesn't look like anime though, it's got insane production values

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmAurh012s

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Amazing what spending money on a thing will produce. It’s wild to me how cheap anime is to make.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The United States posted:

Yeah it's good, it doesn't look like anime though, it's got insane production values

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmAurh012s

It's fantastic, but as a French CGI show that isn't trying to go for an "anime aesthetic" (whatever you want that to mean), it's doubly not anime. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 9, 2021

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's animé

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Just like Wakfu and Code Lyoko

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sinky posted:

It's animé

Ânimé :quebec:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of French, someone started publishing Yokohama Shopping Trip this year.
Never thought I'd get to own a copy on paper :unsmith:

Hope they do every other Ashinano work while they are at it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1458076529573892101?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Interesting, what does the title translate to?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yomi refers to the underworld and Shigai translates to "corpse"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So “Corpse of the Underworld” basically. Weird title but the premise sounds interesting at least.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1458078497054810116?s=20

Larryb posted:

Interesting, what does the title translate to?

It's written 黄泉 のツカイ,

黄泉 is yomi, the netherworld, Tsukai could be a name, or referring to 番い, pair, but I think a name sounds more likely.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

manga news twitter can't tell the difference between a katakana shi and tsu. that's cringe

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Has there been any announcement yet as to when/how this new manga will be made available to western readers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Re: Elfen lied

I liked it a lot when I was 9, but I'm confident it wouldn't hold up now of only because brynhildr and parallel paradise are both awful.

Endorph posted:

to be fair it is not very surprising that a bunch of game youtubers did not understand a story about teenage girls trauma

Further proof nitrorad is the best game youtube personality.

Tabletops posted:

Amazing what spending money on a thing will produce. It’s wild to me how cheap anime is to make.

When you underpay and overwork people, anything can be cheap to make. :patriot:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 9, 2021