Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Usual Boris tactic, hides when he has to face the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jel Shaker posted:

also didn’t ted heath struggle against someone also called ted heath
Those types often struggle with themselves.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The oceans are littered with those who struggled against someone called Ted heath.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Everything about this is poo poo. The Lib Dems are quoting the local elections from this year and then the reply tweeter is quoting the 2017 general election, which is stupid because Labour still beat the Lib Dems in 2019, just by a lower margin.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

blunt posted:

Everything about this is poo poo. The Lib Dems are quoting the local elections from this year and then the reply tweeter is quoting the 2017 general election, which is stupid because Labour still beat the Lib Dems in 2019, just by a lower margin.

To be fair, the full 2019 result is in that picture. You just have to click to embiggen the picture because Twitters algorithms are poo poo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Herstorynothis1/status/1456894692138917888?s=19

I've fallen into a terf wormhole and found a woman who uses her scalesona to make terf points. I think the prehistoric carnivore is more of a threat in prison than someone transgender but what do I know?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bit on the nose to call herself a dinosaur tbh.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I've fallen into a terf wormhole and found a woman who uses her scalesona to make terf points. I think the prehistoric carnivore is more of a threat in prison than someone transgender but what do I know?

I think dinosaur sex chromosomes are the same as for birds, so ZZ and ZW instead of XX and XY

can't expect a terf to know that though

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 8, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Bit on the nose to call herself a dinosaur tbh.

TERFs have been calling themselves dinosaurs for a while because someone used that do describe transphobes and now they're all proud dinosaurs or some poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I identify as a Archaeopteryx and also as someone with more than the one loving joke.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Choosing to pronounce this to sound like its a delicious Italian soft cheese

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

I identify as a Archaeopteryx and also as someone with more than the one loving joke.

Not an Attakelikopteryx?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Not an Attakelikopteryx?

drat that's a pro username

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Jedit posted:

Not an Attakelikopteryx?

Was that the druid or the bard?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

Emma is in prison for tax evasion

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GeorgeFreemanMP/status/1457667887347507202

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/08/tory-peer-lord-bethell-whatsapp-covid-texts-deleted

LOL what a crock of poo poo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why are members of the government even legally allowed to carry out government business through an instant messaging app, surely there's a national security issue there as well as general compliance.

If I was to discuss commercial aspects of my work on WhatsApp I could potentially get fired for gross misconduct.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Was in town and watched as a woman not wearing a mask walked into Greggs coughing her lungs up and not covering her mouth. Crazy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I hope Boris loses his hair soon. He'll then look like the fascist dicator he so wants to be.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

bessantj posted:

Was in town and watched as a woman not wearing a mask walked into Greggs coughing her lungs up and not covering her mouth. Crazy.

Nobody gives a gently caress anymore, just absolute abandonment of civic duty

we're pig people, this island

pig people

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Still seeing plenty of people at the supermarkets round here doing the old mask down under the nose move

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

People are just following by our PM's fine example

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1457727732196990981

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The biggest pig of all

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

lol Kathleen Stock has so quickly embraced the "cancelled" talking circuit that she's now part of a new "unwoke" university along with half of the entries in Epstein's little black book:

https://twitter.com/uaustinorg/status/1457665510699589636

Also apparently she was humiliated this morning by Lorraine Kelly.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Deketh posted:

Still seeing plenty of people at the supermarkets round here doing the old mask down under the nose move

Envious that you see people wearing masks in supermarkets at all

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I hope Boris loses his hair soon. He'll then look like the fascist dicator he so wants to be.

Benito appears to have lost his godly jawline.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yup, Lorraine took the the stance that trans men are men, trans women are women, this is the exact same poo poo that happened to gay people for a new crowd of bigots, and you can't call yourself 'canceled' if you keep getting all these extra podiums (podia?)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Just Another Lurker posted:

Benito appears to have lost his godly jawline.

Imagine this, but with Johnson's fleshy Jabba the Hutt face slapped across it.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Comrade Fakename posted:

lol Kathleen Stock has so quickly embraced the "cancelled" talking circuit that she's now part of a new "unwoke" university along with half of the entries in Epstein's little black book:

https://twitter.com/uaustinorg/status/1457665510699589636

Yeah I went on the FT yesterday - as often stated in the thread, they need to be non-delusional about how the economy actually works to some extent, but that doesn't stop them posting anti-trans "opinion" pieces :sigh: - this one defending Stock, won't link here, spoilered for transphobic paraphrasery:

The usual bilge of "academic freedom" and "debate", combined with fake-balance of talking to students - notably the author couldn't find a single student who was pro-Stock, so went with "well these student seeeeeeeem to be sincere that they feel unsafe, buuuuuut..."

Also a Cambridge professor dude saying "Speech is not a kind of violence; it’s a substitute for violence" which is so naive and simplistic it must be fake. Right...?

And she brings up the fact that Stock is essentially the "I am being silenced!!" guy, but handwaves it away because Stock "didn't want that"...

On the plus side, whenever I see the Indy pop up on Apple News, it seems to be quite pro-trans. Including reporting the Lorraine Kelly interview you mention in a celebratory way.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress anymore, just absolute abandonment of civic duty

we're pig people, this island

pig people

This post is some uncalled for slander on pigs.

Puntification fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 8, 2021

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I thought the Lorraine interview was as soft and gentle as it could be. Yes, Lorraine called out Stock for not being cancelled (gently) etc but she was still platforming Stock and legitimising her opinions while repeating "why can't we all just sit down and discuss these things???" as though they are discussing where to go for dinner.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Yup, Lorraine took the the stance that trans men are men, trans women are women, this is the exact same poo poo that happened to gay people for a new crowd of bigots, and you can't call yourself 'canceled' if you keep getting all these extra podiums (podia?)

Lmao had to reread this a couple of times

quote:

Kelly, known for her ongoing role as Lorraine Kelly on the British morning talk show Lorraine, starring Lorraine Kelly as Lorraine Kelly

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
she got out of paying tax a few years back by arguing that "Lorraine Kelly" is in fact a stage persona invented and portrayed by her entirely separate legal person Lorraine Kelly; handily proving that the only real difference between the legal arguments of freeman on the land and wealthy tax evaders is the price of their legal advice

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Payndz posted:

Imagine this, but with Johnson's fleshy Jabba the Hutt face slapped across it.

Flabba the Gutt.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Rustybear posted:

she got out of paying tax a few years back by arguing that "Lorraine Kelly" is in fact a stage persona invented and portrayed by her entirely separate legal person Lorraine Kelly; handily proving that the only real difference between the legal arguments of freeman on the land and wealthy tax evaders is the price of their legal advice

Part of her argument was also - if memory serves - that her 'terribly nice to everyone' persona was obviously fake because no-one is like that in real life.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Yay I have Covid. Looking forward to ten days by myself in the flat! That's what you get for working a job that mandates three days a week in the office with a constantly revolving roster of people in or out because they've had a positive result.

Tested positive on a random PCR on Saturday, but still negative on the lateral flow tests today. Here's hoping to an asymptomatic recovery!

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

nurmie posted:

this ability is called "perfect pitch", and it's pretty rare even among musicians. i don't have it too, tbh - i just loaded up an online piano to double-check the melody and only then realised that the first note is an A :v:

My music teacher at school had absolute pitch. You could walk into a room and kick the radiator in different spots and he could instantly name which note was ringing out. I once tested him with a tuner and went around the room hitting random things. That man had an amazing ear but good lord did he play the most dull music.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It probably sounded amazing to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Red Oktober posted:

Yay I have Covid. Looking forward to ten days by myself in the flat! That's what you get for working a job that mandates three days a week in the office with a constantly revolving roster of people in or out because they've had a positive result.

Tested positive on a random PCR on Saturday, but still negative on the lateral flow tests today. Here's hoping to an asymptomatic recovery!

ah poo poo, sorry bud! Hope you feel better soon