Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

According to Iizuka, only Sonic, Shadow and Silver can go Super. Why? Who knows. But Iizuka can't make his mind up on if Classic Sonic is Sonic in the past, or Sonic from a different dimension and the lore surrounding him changes in each drat game so honestly, gently caress what Iizuka thinks. I don't take any stock in what the director, lead game designer, level designer & scenario writer of Shadow the Hedgehog says.

Which itself is weird because Tails recognized Chaos from Sonic Adventure in Forces and Adventure makes direct reference to Sonic 3 so I’m not sure why they added the whole alternate dimension thing.

You can’t even handwave it away as the Classic Sonic from Mania being a different version that actually was from another dimension since a lot of the modern characters recognize him from Generations.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The best way to reconcile it is that Generations caused a timeline split. Classic Sonic was Modern's past, but became a distinct, separate entity when he was pulled out of time. When he went back afterwards it began a new present leading into Mania. Modern Sonic's past wasn't changed, but Classic Sonic's future was.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I get why we don't want another Penders but sometimes it feels like its headless chicken roulette as to what's lore or not.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats cause its sonic the hedgehog, a game series for children about a wisecracking super fast blue hedgehog and his buddy Miles Prower, the 2 tailed kitsune

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Children's lore should be pretty easy to keep straight, the issue is it's Sega and Sega is bonkers adventure 2 released on the PC-FX

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The only lore that matters is that he's Knuckles unlike Sonic he don't chuckle.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Sonic Adventure Music Experience was my last live concert before ~all this~ happened. The group signed my Team Sonic Racing soundtrack beforehand :neckbeard:

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Electric Phantasm posted:

And yet

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

at 8 years old Knuckles punching the chaos emeralds out of Super Sonic was one of the most badass things I'd ever seen

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Party Boat posted:

at 8 years old Knuckles punching the chaos emeralds out of Super Sonic was one of the most badass things I'd ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xkUguDsiZo

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The IDW comics are the place to go if you want to bask in the continuity that Sega barely seems to remember exists. Remember how Cream has a robot? And that Fang exists and has a hoverbike? IDW remembers.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Party Boat posted:

It still is

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

99% chance it was Kega Fusion and whichever version of the hack was latest in mid 2017. I remember posting a few screenshots in this thread

look at her go!! i'll give it another shot, thank you

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Emerl is cool

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

PLEASE DON'T POST THIS!!! Echidnas only chuckle when they are very depressed!! He would much rather flex his muscles!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Bring back Blaze dammit, and let Sonic be fun and rude again instead of lame moustache quips

*Continues rambling into the void until she goes mad*

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Skull Servant posted:

PLEASE DON'T POST THIS!!! Echidnas only chuckle when they are very depressed!! He would much rather flex his muscles!

Oh no. Knuckles, I didn't know...

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This is precisely what was playing in my head when viewing the Chuckles GIF above.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Filthy Haiku posted:

Bring back Blaze dammit, and let Sonic be fun and rude again instead of lame moustache quips

*Continues rambling into the void until she goes mad*

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I want the Sonic that constantly straddles the line between cool and incredibly lame. I found you... FAKER

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There's a nod to this in Mushroom Hill so you can hear it even locked on.

https://youtu.be/E6OHI3XzOds

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

That should be the case and yet here we are.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that's clearly a snicker

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

But that’s just a theory… a Game Theory.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Stain Square

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

They should do way stain square who kill their chao becuse these chao cant fright back?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic looked into the necronomicon and it turned his eyes green

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

But that’s just a theorizing… a Game Theorizing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems Rangers has been officially renamed:

https://twitter.com/crane_joe/status/1457733977154805765

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can believe that. It's even more open world-y a name than Rangers too.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And his theme music never got better than this

A Ghost Pumpkin Soup got close though

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
Stain Square is the name of my Crush 40 tribute band

I can already imagine the vocal theme about bursting into a new frontier :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

JoJosSiwaAdventure posted:

Stain Square is the name of my Crush 40 tribute band

I can already imagine the vocal theme about bursting into a new frontier :allears:

It’s been said before but I really hope they bring Crush 40 back for this

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This way people won’t be confused by the ‘s’ in the title when only Sonic is playable again

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The comics are getting ready to show off the new evil Soinc and Tails.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Man I love Starline, he's a great villain. IDW have done a stellar job expanding the cast.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

All Sonic lore & canon officially ended with S3&K, hth

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sonic Rangers was a cooler name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Frankston posted:

All Sonic lore & canon officially ended with S3&K, hth