Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I had two villagers come to my house, one asked while I was out, and one just barged in, but they both immediately left after they saw that I have roaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The day after the update my villagers wouldn’t stop showing up at my house or asking to come over/bring me over, but I played for hours today without anyone asking. Maybe they only ask once every x days?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have the HHP DLC through Expansion Pack, but it's just my account because I don't have a family account.

So my kid is complaining that they can't do the HHP stuff as their own character. I'm kind of like, deal with it... just play as me. But is there any advantage of buying the DLC as stand alone? Like can they not learn how to do things like build partition walls and do planting if they don't go through the DLC as their own profile?

Not against spending the money on it. But I also see my kid getting bored with HHP after like a week and glad I didn't drop the money on it.

And does it really not matter how you decorate these homes? It seems like every home gets 6,000 Poki no matter what you do.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Blaziken386 posted:

i felt it important to illustrate just how deeply insane this man is
https://i.imgur.com/wW7lKTH.mp4

I always wanted to do this but I could never find enough toilet variations. Glad to see him living the dream.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man it’s sucks trying to take pictures of the villagers in their vacation homes because they move every time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Apparently if you use an Amiibo of a villager who used to live on your island to have a coffee they will now actually talk about when they lived there, they are no longer blank slates!

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Man it’s sucks trying to take pictures of the villagers in their vacation homes because they move every time.

I've been placing them in any seats that make for a good angle.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Quebec Bagnet posted:

I've been placing them in any seats that make for a good angle.

Sounds good, until they get up to eat a donut or whatever. I must have put Eloise back into her seat to take photos 6 or 7 times.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Spent an hour designing a beachfront cafe for the archipelago last night and discovered that if you go back there after it’s been opened and talk to the staff members you picked out, they’ll show you a menu of food items you can buy as furniture items to take home. Also if you go to the school after Leif has been there and talk to the teacher you chose they’ll give you a free start.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

your head chef in your restaurant gives you a cooking recipe, too :3:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

someone awful. posted:

your head chef in your restaurant gives you a cooking recipe, too :3:

Huh, I talked to both the staff members (I picked Alli and Drago because of course I did) and they both just showed me the menu and wouldn’t talk to me about anything else (except Drago did mention the food literally talking to him)

e: I reread your post and realised you were talking about the restaurant and not the café

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Instead of bamboo shoots as a reward in the mail for buying turnips from Daisy Mae, I got a recipe for Kabu ankake, which calls for ten turnips.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is it recommended to get the upgraded NSO, or should I just get the DLC on it’s own?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is it recommended to get the upgraded NSO, or should I just get the DLC on it’s own?

I went to SA Mart and paid $10 to get a year of Nintendo Online with the expansion pack. (Well $20 since I also bought it for my wife.)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983185

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SilentChaz posted:

Instead of bamboo shoots as a reward in the mail for buying turnips from Daisy Mae, I got a recipe for Kabu ankake, which calls for ten turnips.

That is an expensive goddamned dish.

Also, anyone have good turnip prices? I'm sitting on a full inventory's worth of them.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Boston is open after overhauling everything. Come take a look and say hello to all the new villagers
Petri is making CHERRY SMOOTHIES
Dodo: closed

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 8, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Isabelle just announced C.J.'s visit to the island.....

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Astro7x posted:

And does it really not matter how you decorate these homes? It seems like every home gets 6,000 Poki no matter what you do.

I'm pretty sure the only requirement is to use their desired furniture, but I haven't actually tried seeing what happens if you do literally nothing else.

It's pretty much just on the honor system - the game presumes you're trying in earnest to decorate these homes or have fun with it. It's probably better for it, because it'd be really annoying to come up with something you think looks great only for the game to decide "naw" because you didn't use enough total items, or used too many duplicates, etc.

Also, for what it's worth, you get raises, so eventually you'll get 9k Poki, no matter what you do. :v: (And probably more later.)

I'm a little sad we don't get to take home adjusting room sizes. Or room size upgrades for our home. I want to make use of portion walls but the first floor rooms feel cramped.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm up to 12,000 poki per house because I can't stop loving decorating.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Isabelle just announced C.J.'s visit to the island.....

Aww poo poo, here we go again

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

Boston is open after overhauling everything. Come take a look and say hello to all the new villagers
Petri is making CHERRY SMOOTHIES
Dodo: 7 P P M Q

i don't know if i trust petri's cherry smoothies.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Raymond is making Pumpkin soup!

Dodo and details in PGS.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

YESSSSSSSSSS

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1457731689250054152?s=21

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kart Barfunkel posted:

As far as I can tell from personal experience…

The expansion pack with Happy Home Paradise only works with the individual that has NSO with an individual NSO expansion pack. So only one resident of the island can use it and unlock stuff. You would need the family expansion pack if you want everyone in your home to use HHP.

So I would just get the expansion pack for solo because for $5 more you get N64 games. But if you have a family that plays Animal Crossing but doesn’t use NSO, it’s probably better to just buy the DLC outright.

It’s also cheaper to just get Solo NSO+EP and buy HHP separate if you have an interest in HHP and N64 games, but family just wants HHP.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I just found a music box DIY and it's my new favorite thing. It acts like a regular music player but does it in music-box style. Plus it has lovely customization options.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

YggiDee posted:

I'm up to 12,000 poki per house because I can't stop loving decorating.

15k is the last tier of pay, I've been on it for a while and you really rake in the Poki, I think I'm at 50 houses done now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Can you keep decorating new houses forever or does it eventually run out of ones to give you?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Relyssa posted:

Can you keep decorating new houses forever or does it eventually run out of ones to give you?

Well you'll eventually fill all the island slots then it's just endless renovations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Can't you put multiple people on the same plot? The game's told me about that twice, but I haven't actually done that since it feels weird.

Or does it kick the first one out?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Can't you put multiple people on the same plot? The game's told me about that twice, but I haven't actually done that since it feels weird.

Or does it kick the first one out?
I tested this out right away and you can indeed put multiple homes on the same plot. No clue if there's a limit.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Also, do other users share your island slots? I don't want to fill them all up before my partner has a chance to invite people

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
We have two switches sharing one NSO family account. My switch is the original and has the original account that bought NSO and ACNH, and my account that isn't logged in - my partner bought a second switch and now uses that exclusively. I know that we can't play the same game at the same time, but it wouldn't gently caress with my island if he started his own island on the second switch, right? Is it possible to purchase ACNH again so we could play at the same time?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

J-Spot posted:

I tested this out right away and you can indeed put multiple homes on the same plot. No clue if there's a limit.

Wait, I tried this earlier and it took me to a new clean plot. I thought "oh no, I've kicked Zucker out" and reset the game, but are you saying there can be multiple vacation homes in different "versions" of the same plot?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

eating only apples posted:

Wait, I tried this earlier and it took me to a new clean plot. I thought "oh no, I've kicked Zucker out" and reset the game, but are you saying there can be multiple vacation homes in different "versions" of the same plot?
I would assume so, the interface to visit existing homes uses a listing of homes & owner, not plots/location?

I wonder if the limit is just however many villagers and NPCs there are?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/quoththejackdaw/status/1457499680795992070

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

eating only apples posted:

I tried this the other day. Yes you can put multiple animals on the same spot, and when you visit it with the new animal it looks like no one’s ever been there, but doesn’t kick anyone out.

Later, when you go to the plot select screen, when you chose that spot it will also ask which animal you want to chose to visit there.

They all have their own separate instance of the same plot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oxyclean posted:

I would assume so, the interface to visit existing homes uses a listing of homes & owner, not plots/location?

I wonder if the limit is just however many villagers and NPCs there are?

I hope that's the case.

If Nintendo did achievements, you know there'd be one for housing every villager.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Apparently Leif and I have different opinions on what counts as a weed-infested island :catstare:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Zucker is now making a Golden altar!

Dodo in PGS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there any ramping complexity to designing homes? At one point I had a request that came with a piece of furniture that started/had to go? outside.

It sort of felt like an intentional bit of "progression," but it dawns on me that a player could conceivably invite that villager to the island at any point if they had them at home, and I'm working on the assumption that villagers have preset themes/requests.

I'm also wondering if your islanders can ever show up to the paradise on their own, or if they must be invited with chocolates.