Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Ok Comboomer posted:

it’s the Integra thread now, binch

I, too, am looking forward to the slightly less fat Stinger GT clone from Honda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Coolnezzz posted:

I, too, am looking forward to the slightly less fat Stinger GT clone from Honda.

you might have had a leg to stand on there if the stinger gt had ever been available with God’s chosen transmission

as it stands, integra 2022 already has a big lead on both the Supra and the Stinger just by virtue of coming with a stick. Front wheel drive? Probably slower? Probably sharing a drivetrain with the Civic? Who cares, it’s a stick.

Here’s hoping Toyota doesn’t make the same mistake twice with that MR2 that people have been rumoring about

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ok Comboomer posted:

you might have had a leg to stand on there if the stinger gt had ever been available with God’s chosen transmission

as it stands, integra 2022 already has a big lead on both the Supra and the Stinger just by virtue of coming with a stick. Front wheel drive? Probably slower? Probably sharing a drivetrain with the Civic? Who cares, it’s a stick.

Here’s hoping Toyota doesn’t make the same mistake twice with that MR2 that people have been rumoring about

Certainly feels like the Bronco offering a manual transmission, even if the take rate is low, absolves a ton of guilt and generates so much good will as to easily pay for itself in a way. Looks like the new Integra is doing the same thing. Doesn't matter that its slower, less efficient, whatever, just that it's possible to have.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Ok Comboomer posted:

Alright, agreed on the transmission front, having just sold my Si coupe. I imagine the base model Integra will have the same 1.5t and 6 speed drivetrain of the current Si and a potential Type-R with the 2.0. It's still going to be fat as gently caress.

It's won't be a DC1, that's for sure.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Coolnezzz posted:

Alright, agreed on the transmission front, having just sold my Si coupe. I imagine the base model Integra will have the same 1.5t and 6 speed drivetrain of the current Si and a potential Type-R with the 2.0. It's still going to be fat as gently caress.

It's won't be a DC1, that's for sure.

Ahem, it’s actually a Type-S if it’s being sold as an Acura post-2001.

If we’re dreaming I’d love to see Honda do something weird and future-focused, like hybrid drive. The CR-Z was a decade too early and hella underbaked but a hybrid drivetrain with a manual, 2021 hybrid tech, and a focus on leveraging the electric motor for speed and low-end torque would slap. It would probably be a far better use of that kind of arrangement than NSX 2 was.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Ok Comboomer posted:

Ahem, it’s actually a Type-S if it’s being sold as an Acura post-2001.

Pictured: the upcoming Integra.

Edit: my opinion, the integra is just another ILX with a stick.

Shartweek fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 8, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Coolnezzz posted:

Integra has always been a tarted-up Civic, often with a hatch. I do not say that as an insult.

If Honda wants to merely sell the Si and Type-R, just with different badging/front end and a leather interior then they’ve already done 99% of what they need to do/what the fans want.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 8, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Coolnezzz posted:

what differentiates prior integras from the ILX?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
id say the integras were better looking but thats just my opinion

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I recently got my DC5 type-s out of storage and back in working order, remembering that I enjoy driving a car, and I was really excited by the coincidental timing to see the new integra announced, and even considering in the back of my head looking at getting a new car. I'm realizing though its just going to be even beefier, thicker, longer, heavier, than the DC5, and that is already, as I look at it now, at the limit of how big a car I really want to own. I like small cute cars, and its sad to awaken like rip van winkle from over 10 years now of not having a car to see everything is an SUV, and coupes are extinct so a bigger uglier 4 door integra is the "best" thing they can make now.

sigh

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

I recently got my DC5 type-s out of storage and back in working order, remembering that I enjoy driving a car, and I was really excited by the coincidental timing to see the new integra announced, and even considering in the back of my head looking at getting a new car. I'm realizing though its just going to be even beefier, thicker, longer, heavier, than the DC5, and that is already, as I look at it now, at the limit of how big a car I really want to own. I like small cute cars, and its sad to awaken like rip van winkle from over 10 years now of not having a car to see everything is an SUV, and coupes are extinct so a bigger uglier 4 door integra is the "best" thing they can make now.

sigh

get a FiST while they’re still relatively new, binch

smaller than a BMW Mini Cooper

but honestly I think the new Civic slaps, and if the Integra is based on it then it’ll probably slap a bit too

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Tom Guycot posted:

sigh

If you don't need a hatch the frs/brz/86 is p good and fits more than you'd expect

The motor does not have the feel of the proper Honda NA motors like F / K / B, but it feels like an overall upgrade over my AP1.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Tom Guycot posted:

sigh

Look at the Corolla hatchback/ GR when it comes out.

172 x 71 x 57 rolla vs 172 x 67 x 52 dc5

I’m probably just trying to confirm my own purchase but with 5k on the odometer I’m still really liking my 2021 SE. Does it slap? No. 6.8k redline economy tuned engine.

Transmission feels great (6speed), and handles well enough I seek out roundabouts, just cause.

I suspect the GR will slap and be in an envelope you’d appreciate

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

id say the integras were better looking but thats just my opinion

the four eyes was not the best look imo

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Have they said anything about price point yet? If it is within range if the new Z idk how I would choose the new integra over that

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I don't think many of y'all still own an MS3, but if you get a P0442 and P0455 CEL you probably have a cracked fuel tank lock ring. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dX5oDlxgeM

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'll take a look at the clutch spring removal, but I'm not entirely sure. The short shifter kit seems cool, but I'm weird and don't know if I'd want to get rid of the golf ball shifter.

E. I honestly don't know enough where if you'd be able to keep the original shifter with that kit.

Enos Cabell posted:

The boomba short shifter is just a little metal plate you attach to where the shifter cable mounts under the hood. It literally takes all of 5 minutes, and you don't have to touch the shifter knob at all. I did the clutch spring removal, clutch stop and short shifter in maybe 30 minutes total, and it made a real nice difference.
Catching up here, yeah OP check out the install video from Boomba on youtube to see what's up with the adapter, cheaper, less invasive, and more reversible than "real" shift kits. I'll do the Sigma 6 kit some day but after more time with the adapter I'm liking it a lot more than stock. My only ding is It's not as uhh balanced? feeling as the stock shifter because of what it is, like going into 1/2 or 5/6 or finding neutral is just a tiny bit harder - not something I'd put in for a first time manual driver still learning, but after a brief adjustment period I definitely dig it.

Here's the clutch stop I got for :10bux: from Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/812934668/vw-gti-clutch-stop. It's almost perfect, I'm happy with it. Big upside is install ease - you just grab and pull the factory stop out then awkwardly use your foot/hand on the clutch pedal to help push the replacement in the hole, and it's already at a great height. The first tuner part store version I looked at, wanna say ECS, wanted you to freakin drill the hole out to install theirs. Since this one pops out and in it's also easily reversible. Only downside is the material is harder so the clutch pedal can make a little tap noise when it hits the stop; I haven't gotten around to sticking a piece of felt down there to see if that helps. It's also easy enough to DIY one, should be easy to google posts/videos for that route.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what differentiates prior integras from the ILX?

I was in a ranting mood the other night, apologies. I hope the new Integra is good, when I think of the Integra nameplate I automatically think of the mid 90s second and third gens and completely forget the RSX existed. So for those generations the differences from the ILX off of the top of my head would be 400-600lbs less weight, and a hatch instead of a trunk? But weight was mostly what I had in mind.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Gen 2 and 3 Integras came as a sedan too.

Really they were just an intermediate size car sitting between the Civic and Accord

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Acura really did an Acura with that Integra reveal

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sigh.

maybe they'll tart up the type S a bit

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Cammisa called it an Acura Crosstour, and he’s not really wrong lmao

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Cammisa called it an Acura Crosstour, and he’s not really wrong lmao

I mean, in the sense that it’s like the Family Saloon version of the Type-R, good job I guess

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ok Comboomer posted:

I mean, in the sense that it’s like the Family Saloon version of the Type-R, good job I guess

In this sense

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The new integra is ugly because it's just an 11th gen civic hatch, which is already very ugly

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

TheBacon posted:

In this sense

ouch

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Wow they really went with the 1.5T in the Integra huh.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I can not get over the fact that the had to label it on the sides. That says it all, really.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

So since the integra is just the civic Si, there’s absolutely no reason to wait for the R. It’ll be the exact same thing as the civic R, but probably heavier.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

So since the integra is just the civic Si, there’s absolutely no reason to wait for the R. It’ll be the exact same thing as the civic R, but probably heavier.

also it would be called the S

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Honda took too much of the internet hate against the 11th gen styling to heart and has started down the wrong path

Sale numbers of the CTR vs the Focus RS, Golf R, etc are hilarious (in favor of CTR, by far)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 15, 2021

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

honestly amazed that in TYOOL 2021 Acura was stupid enough to spend months building hype for "Civic with a different grille"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

MunchE posted:

honestly amazed that in TYOOL 2021 Acura was stupid enough to spend months building hype for "Civic with a different grille"

I mean, have you seen Acura in the last 20 years?

What’s this? Just another dreadfully boring car with a confusing, interchangeable three-letter name and a big-rear end bird beak on the front for a middle manager’s wife to drive to the post office and immediately forget about once her lease is up

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I don't understand why it has to look like the front end smashed into a brick wall? The front is so god drat tall, flat, and squared off, it makes it look like an SUV. It feels like if theres one aspect of design aesthetic to keep for an integra, its something of a wedge shape, while this looks so level, flat, long and tall.

It can't just be modern safety regulations, because there are other new cars i've seen that don't look like bricks with wheels?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

I don't understand why it has to look like the front end smashed into a brick wall? The front is so god drat tall, flat, and squared off, it makes it look like an SUV. It feels like if theres one aspect of design aesthetic to keep for an integra, its something of a wedge shape, while this looks so level, flat, long and tall.

It can't just be modern safety regulations, because there are other new cars i've seen that don't look like bricks with wheels?

You answered it- it’s because it looks like an SUV and all cars must look like SUVs now in order to be deemed sellable in the United States

Edit: like I’m not even being hyperbolic, that is literally how automotive designers are being directed to work

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 15, 2021

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I hate the US obsession with big, obnoxious, wasteful vehicles.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

latinotwink1997 posted:

I hate the US obsession with big, obnoxious, wasteful vehicles.

Hey! I have a small, obnoxious, wasteful vehicle thank you very much

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the euros are SUV-ifying everything as well

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
I actually kinda like the RDX, and if the Integra was more like a small hatchback equivalent to that and less Civic "Sport" I would be more interested. Wonder what kind of automatic it will have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Today's theme ingredient: WIRING HARNESS PINS

An informational anecdote for Civic Gen 10 drivers.

Yesterday evening I was driving home after work when the car lurched twice and I got Christmastime on the dashboard. Several failure alerts: emission control, vehicle stability, hill start assist, hill hold, rev match, ABS failure, and brake failure. Maybe a couple more, I lost count. Those last two called for an immediate stop though, so I pulled over in the same gravel patch that I did when the idiot hellcar Subaru lunched its front diff in 2017. Called a tow truck, hauled it to the shop that had done the 75,000 mile check on Friday. They traced it to a broken pin in the engine wiring harness that went to the throttle body, repaired the break, and sent me on my way.

Throttle failure lighting off the brake failure message seems weird; I don't know how Honda does their software but I suppose the two are linked through the hill start assist and stability control. Had I known that I would have limped it to the shop and saved a couple hundred bucks on the tow but given the information I had at the time I don't regret the decision.

Anyway, if you see that constellation of warnings go off after you feel your Civic briefly lose power, keep that in the back of your head.