Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Boatc also has everything built so the oil from naval battles is pointless at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
We did meet the Naval battles threshold today but only a half dozen people are active...

I'd love for us to be able to earn Steel, our clan infrastructure is good, but we're missing active people.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I uninstalled, you can kick me from BOATC if you need room.

I thought the time I spent getting my 6 daily wins could be converted into productivity but instead I just spend it refreshing the same three websites over and over :eng101:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

General Battuta posted:

I thought the time I spent getting my 6 daily wins could be converted into productivity but instead I just spend it refreshing the same three websites over and over :eng101:

Huge same mood wise for this last year buddy, huge same.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

General Battuta posted:

Or alternatively you can reinstall and play again, that’s an option!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm a co-op scrub anymore. That is all I do. Like maybe once a week I'll bother to log in and just do a couple co-op rushes just to wet my appetite for shooting boats before logging out. This game's balance just made me not care or bother to make more of an effort than that.

Found out there is a carrier game on steam with a similar crew management system as uboat. But instead of torpedoes, you are managing planes that also needs to have you making sure their return puts them near the carrier to land. Also configurable fleet to make it more interesting.

Shivers
Oct 31, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Found out there is a carrier game on steam with a similar crew management system as uboat. But instead of torpedoes, you are managing planes that also needs to have you making sure their return puts them near the carrier to land. Also configurable fleet to make it more interesting.

What's the name of this carrier game? It sounds like something I'd be interested in.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shivers posted:

What's the name of this carrier game? It sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Aircraft Carrier Survival: Prologue

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493800/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival_Prologue/

It is basically a free demo of the game. No release date on the full game afaik, but go have fun. The campaign/tutorial starts off with the coral sea.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Hahaha… chat banned again. This time Wargaming has decided me saying, “you never know who you’re talking to. I might be gay, and married to a man…”

In response to someone saying “Let’s go Brandon! Screw the gay agenda.”

About a half an hour later I got handed a 3 day chat ban for “offensive language.”

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I love seeing that more than 10 minutes before 12pm PST they stopped crediting the timer for the twitch reward for the KOTS container.

I'm at 97% progress.

Why expect anything less from WG?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blindeye posted:

I love seeing that more than 10 minutes before 12pm PST they stopped crediting the timer for the twitch reward for the KOTS container.

I'm at 97% progress.

Still better than the ship I got out of that box. The California. Can someone tell me why I would take it out instead of the Florida?

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Blindeye posted:

I'm at 97% progress.

Yeah I got that same issue. Good stuff.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

Still better than the ship I got out of that box. The California. Can someone tell me why I would take it out instead of the Florida?

You wouldn’t. Wargaming released California then a couple months released Florida, which is just a better ship.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Velius posted:

You wouldn’t. Wargaming released California then a couple months released Florida, which is just a better ship.

I was almost half hoping there was just something I was missing with that ship.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Been away from it for a few months, is Botes playable at all just now?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Its generically fine. CVs are less common than they've been in the past, which is great. Subs are the new thing though, which is another push prevention area denial tool. Luckily they're much more limited and less oppressively stifling than a CV is.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Gwaihir posted:

Its generically fine. CVs are less common than they've been in the past, which is great. Subs are the new thing though, which is another push prevention area denial tool. Luckily they're much more limited and less oppressively stifling than a CV is.

Depending on when he quit playing, CVs might be a lot more prevalent than when he left.

There are fewer than right after the CV rework, but a whole hell of a lot more than pre-rework.

The good news there though is CVs are now just mildly to moderately annoying, unlike in the past where you were just completely hosed going up against a team with a good CV player.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The cv rework was a long rear end time ago now lol. Time is an illusion!!!

(Also he said a few months ago)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

oh yeah I played post rework. Tempted to come back and play some subs to see if they generate any rage.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Gwaihir posted:

The cv rework was a long rear end time ago now lol. Time is an illusion!!!

(Also he said a few months ago)

It doesn’t seem like that long ago. Maybe this is just what happens when goons get old.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Random insert, but Minsk is a load of shite. I reset both Russian DD lines since I was going to have to grind through Tashkent for the new Khaba replacement anyway, and Minsk is so frustrating. I am running double fire flags in every match giving me 9% and it still feels like a lottery setting fires.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Minsk is great man sorry to say it. The entire RU DD line is incredible and a ridiculously easy PR farm.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Aramoro posted:

oh yeah I played post rework. Tempted to come back and play some subs to see if they generate any rage.

They're still very new so tons of people don't know how to deal with them. Plenty of ships can't do poo poo to them at all, even, so it's pretty easy to bushwhack the gently caress out of DDs or cruisers.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

kaesarsosei posted:

Random insert, but Minsk is a load of shite. I reset both Russian DD lines since I was going to have to grind through Tashkent for the new Khaba replacement anyway, and Minsk is so frustrating. I am running double fire flags in every match giving me 9% and it still feels like a lottery setting fires.

Minsk is really good. I have something like a 100k average in Leningrad. Even uptiered to 9 it’s solid, but obviously the fire chance suffers. I just reset the Khaba line myself and am looking forward to it.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Been away from it for a few months, is Botes playable at all just now?

that depends, how comfortable are you with 4 DDs, 2 subs and 1 CV in your games?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hate playing DD with subs in the game. It's suicide to try and pop a sub. So freaking dumb.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
CAs can blap subs pretty easily, but I have no idea how to actually play subs in randoms: I always die.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I also have Leningrad which is basically Minsk with 8km torps. To me that makes all the difference having the flexibility of usable (even stealthed) torps.

I'm maybe too harsh on Minsk - I have 58% WR, 2k PR and 50k avg dmg which is all pretty decent - but I often feel like there are situations where I have limited influence on the match whereas having usable torps would give me more options. I think the Leningrad and Kiev both have that.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

CAs can blap subs pretty easily, but I have no idea how to actually play subs in randoms: I always die.

I find it incredibly funny that the absolute worst ships at sinking subs are destroyers.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I’ve gotten one sub-on-sub kill and I did it by just ramming the guy.

But then a DD rammed and killed me, so it is possible! :eng101:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm just bitterly laughing at the recent ship announcement where they announced YET ANOTHER Soviet T10 premium cruiser, as well as the very first premium submarine - also Soviet, of course. This makes loving 6 unique Soviet T10 cruisers, compared to the US/UK who have a whole 4 (not counting Alaska B), and less for everyone else. At least the sub's real and a museum ship, but lol at what it is - they chose a loving Whiskey-class launched in '54, and it's a T8.

I haven't played in a while and recently uninstalled because I needed the space immediately, but I just keep hoping they actually improve the game again, and WG just keeps disappointing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I'm just bitterly laughing at the recent ship announcement where they announced YET ANOTHER Soviet T10 premium cruiser, as well as the very first premium submarine - also Soviet, of course. This makes loving 6 unique Soviet T10 cruisers, compared to the US/UK who have a whole 4 (not counting Alaska B), and less for everyone else. At least the sub's real and a museum ship, but lol at what it is - they chose a loving Whiskey-class launched in '54, and it's a T8.

I haven't played in a while and recently uninstalled because I needed the space immediately, but I just keep hoping they actually improve the game again, and WG just keeps disappointing.

Well, like flamu said. If you had any doubts about subs, there is your answer on them being here to stay...

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

kaesarsosei posted:

I also have Leningrad which is basically Minsk with 8km torps. To me that makes all the difference having the flexibility of usable (even stealthed) torps.

I'm maybe too harsh on Minsk - I have 58% WR, 2k PR and 50k avg dmg which is all pretty decent - but I often feel like there are situations where I have limited influence on the match whereas having usable torps would give me more options. I think the Leningrad and Kiev both have that.

The thing with the torpedoes is that 8 km is still too short range to use them most of the time (you want to be farther than that to shoot your guns, and it's not worth it to stop shooting long enough to get in 8 km torp range, torp, and run back to gun range). With either range, you mostly end up using your torpedoes in point blank rushes around islands or to kill someone charging your smoke.

The longer range isn't a disadvantage and it does let you try to stealth torp if you mess up and have to play all game at 2000 hp, but there just aren't going to be a lot of situations where having 8 km torps on your 14 km gunboat is the difference between winning and losing.

(having 4 km torpedoes makes a pretty big difference versus not having them though, see: Friesland)

Lord Koth posted:

I mean who cares what nation the ships are, it's a little jpg of a flag in the port UI. If that's what makes you not play the game you can edit the localization and rename them all after Oasis albums or whatever. The 6 Soviet tier 10 cruisers are at least distinct, unlike certain tech trees that have a thousand tier 8 premium ships with very minor differences.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 10, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I care. No Nazis on my carousel. :colbert:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
also like part of the fun is the historicity of the game

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Marco Polo might actually be a viable ship now. That sigma buff feels like it helped. Slapping a nose in Stalingrad for 20k feels good.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Stanley Pain posted:

Marco Polo might actually be a viable ship now. That sigma buff feels like it helped. Slapping a nose in Stalingrad for 20k feels good.

Marco Polo was huge in the T9 clan battles season

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

toadee posted:

Marco Polo was huge in the T9 clan battles season

Well she's better now :).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Is there gonna be arnother round of personal challenges for german BB tokens or is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Are they going to, you know, actually release the Soviet CVs?

Also, I’ve been playing the Dutch cruisers a bit, and while I at first thought they were gimmicky as poo poo—they still sort of are—now that I am sort of getting a hang of the gun characteristics and when and how to use the airdrops, they aren’t bad.

I am not holding my breath on doing this often, but last night I had a match in my Haarlem where I wiped all three of the other teams DDs with airdrops.

I enjoyed those hackusations and tears.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 10, 2021