Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fart Radio posted:

all i'll ever need to know about roman reigns is that he couldn't outdraw the bunny. they can have him break sammartino's record and it'll still be "yeah, but he couldn't outdraw the bunny"

Please elaborate on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please elaborate on this

WWE did a special overrun of Smackdown to compete with Rampage, featuring a contract signing between Roman and Brock, while at the same time AEW had Ruby (Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby) Soho fighting the Bunny. They tied in the ratings.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

WWE did a special overrun of Smackdown to compete with Rampage, featuring a contract signing between Roman and Brock, while at the same time AEW had Ruby (Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby) Soho fighting the Bunny. They tied in the ratings.

Oh OK

I thought it was something more specific than that

Also The Bunny owns

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh OK

I thought it was something more specific than that

Also The Bunny owns

:hmmyes:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AEW's women's division is consistently a draw now. Hayter and Anna Jay also did really well last week in the quarterly breakdowns.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1457693697341116422?t=uRUoDUY5YiAY01CI0lxzLw&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why do a lot these anti aew people have loving weird close-up cartoonified or highly exaggerated expression headshots as their display picture

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

why do a lot these anti aew people have loving weird close-up cartoonified or highly exaggerated expression headshots as their display picture

That's his face. Don't make fun, Cavauro.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

drat Eddie's about 5 years younger than I thought he was

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/realbshannon3/status/1456613835440328704?s=21

https://twitter.com/realbshannon3/status/1456397201710751746?s=21

this guys good

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
- White guy only using "y'all" exclusively online

- Consistently putting the apostrophe in "y'all" in the wrong place

- Intentionally saying things he doesn't actually believe to try to make people mad in the most boring ways possible

Yeah he's good

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 8, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine getting mad that WWE released Ember so she could go be a star

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NoDQ_Virtue/status/1457723816457740296

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i instinctively type ya'll fsr idk why ive always done it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Y'all is very useful gender inclusive alternative to you guys

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

:yeah:

Is anyone actually mad Karrion Kross got fired? Who are these people? I don't even think WWE stans cared about him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There must be some Triple H NXT stans out there

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

I understand that but people like him only use it to try to sound cool despite otherwise typing like a standard boring white guy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Endless Mike posted:

Is anyone actually mad Karrion Kross got fired? Who are these people? I don't even think WWE stans cared about him.

I'm not sure Karrion Kross is mad Karrion Kross got fired.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I’d say most people here for example are mad/laughing about how piss-poor of a job WWE did with someone they were supposedly behind. It’s not specifically about Karrion Kross, really

Edit: \/\/\/ what Drakkel said

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 8, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm sure there's some absolute dullards out there who were genuine Kross fans, but his burial/firing is still pretty baffling considering he's the exact sort of bland-rear end big guy with a hot lady valet that you'd think Vince would be drooling over and yet he didn't even try with the guy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Right: Being confused that it happened is not at all the same as being upset.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Endless Mike posted:

no. theres like 50 other people to get mad about them firing but kross is just a funny one to laugh at with friends

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Drakkel posted:

I'm sure there's some absolute dullards out there who were genuine Kross fans, but his burial/firing is still pretty baffling considering he's the exact sort of bland-rear end big guy with a hot lady valet that you'd think Vince would be drooling over and yet he didn't even try with the guy

Unironically he wasn't tall enough.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1457495190852227075

Frankly a harsher burn than what Denise posted.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yall is part of my New Orleans upbringing - they can't take it from me.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Dreamworks-Face-as-a-means-of-hiding-severe-self-doubt

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Yinz is very inclusive in that everyone thinks it sounds stupid.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Rarity posted:

There must be some Triple H NXT stans out there

I'd argue a chunk of them started following AEW between the Dynamite Debut and 2.0 announcement. The rest either gave in to the brainworms/sports entertainment sepsis or go to bed before NXT airs for the early bird special.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Drakkel posted:

This is the drawback of WWE having such a rigid homogenized style. When everyone is 6'3 with a good body then nobody stands out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I want this guy to keep reaching harder and harder for the perfect metaphor but slowly degenerating into abstraction.

Leave the tweet thread alone for like 3 years and come back, and he'll be posting about how AEW fans are actually the third studio session rhythm guitarist for Deep Purple if you think about it.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Shard posted:

Yall is part of my New Orleans upbringing - they can't take it from me.

y'all is america-wide it's just most of the country won't admit it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we say youse in these parts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

each and every one of you

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/S3AN2DR/status/1457702587252281346

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince loved me, but that damned JR Johnny Ace Triple H Nick Khan Kevin Dunn...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its kind of funny that he like directly connects Vince's generic fire nothing to his old coaches because like... that's all it is. You can repeat it by copying stuff you've learned from sports movies.

I don't blame Lee because he obviously had a passion and was at a career peak and all that stuff is designed to take advantage of that and manipulate him. Its also why I don't blame these wrestlers for trying to make the best of their situation or making excuses to themselves or playing ball. Its all designed to pry on their passion and hopes and ambitions. It works. That's why people call it a "cult". And you don't see what the cult is doing until you're removed from it or broken enough.

But the random fans buying into it? I'll never understand the stupid cult of personality around Vince McMahon. He isn't even particularly charismatic or anything. They just spent 30 years saying he was the father of wrestling and a generation or two bought in.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/IAmGenuineOne/status/1457714238449913865
https://twitter.com/IAmGenuineOne/status/1457806919259901961
https://twitter.com/IAmGenuineOne/status/1457807688679759875
you may say that the wwe looks down on their fans and tells them: look, you're dumb as hell, and love garbage

well i say yes i am and i do. and i say it loud and proud. thank you mister mcmahon

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Pop culture peaked when I personally was between the ages of 13-21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Doink and Yoko were also talented wrestlers so this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.