Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1457349484216680449

loling at the replies filled with people who seem to think western countries havent had power shortages lately because they havent personally experienced any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Rutibex posted:

also 1/3 of your country is controlled by maoist rebels. totally making capitalism credible

While the Maoist insurgency continues they have been greatly weakened these last fifteen years.

Tankbuster posted:

is this a bit? This is what 3rd worldists tell themselves? The maoists in india are austin red guard tier.

This is a dumb comparison.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

While the Maoist insurgency continues they have been greatly weakened these last fifteen years.

aww, i thought it was still picture one :(

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Rutibex posted:

lets see what they have been up to lately

yeah killing 30 soldiers thats totally the same as US communists lol

literally loving nothing. Most maoists actually retvrned to lame rear end party politics after the government did things like pass forest rights to tribals (which the modi government is stripping away again).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrMarkPBarry/status/1457679202807812099

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrMarkPBarry/status/1457680400482963459

a big reason why squid game anticapitalist discourse annoys the hell out of me is because this ideal of south korea as a woke paradise thanks to its politically relevant pop culture is never discussed in the context of its actual dumpster fire political system which is at this point several years removed from right wing rule

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

a big reason why squid game anticapitalist discourse annoys the hell out of me is because this ideal of south korea as a woke paradise thanks to its politically relevant pop culture is never discussed in the context of its actual dumpster fire political system which is at this point several years removed from right wing rule

So how badly was South Korea's Labor movement hosed by the 1997 crash and subsequent IMF bailout? from my scattered reading it seems the honeymoon period was from when the 6th republic started and the crash.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Is there a Chinese word for the equivalent of a gusano?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
dunno but fuerdai comes close-ish. the ones i know in the diaspora though are split between "i cant get my money out of china gently caress xinnie the pooh qq" and getting radicalized onto the xi train by the sheer volume of anti-china propaganda everywhere

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Please define "old heads"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

Please define "old heads"

you know, ancient ghouls who love capitalism and run everything. doesn't china have those

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mila kunis posted:

dunno but fuerdai comes close-ish. the ones i know in the diaspora though are split between "i cant get my money out of china gently caress xinnie the pooh qq" and getting radicalized onto the xi train by the sheer volume of anti-china propaganda everywhere

eh, I'd disagree. fuerdai is more like "rich failsons/faildaughters"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

So how badly was South Korea's Labor movement hosed by the 1997 crash and subsequent IMF bailout? from my scattered reading it seems the honeymoon period was from when the 6th republic started and the crash.

not as bad as youd think because they never really believed in electoralism and understand that their power stems from their willingness to fight back its the aspiring middle class more than the laborers who were hosed by the imf because they have no understanding that its an adversarial system thats rigged against them

make that another tally mark for my list of discourse crimes against squid game that it promotes an ideology of learned helplessness and finds any notion of solidarity unrealistic because of the prisoners dilemma

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How do you say "egg hoarder" in mandarin?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Hanjian

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

台湾人

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

soundslike xi is doing something right

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Truga posted:

there were quite a few soviets flying in NVA, but it was in trainer 2seaters as they were instructing vietnamese pilots. if they ever saw combat, it was because americans attacked

"lee si tsin" is an amazing pun tho, lmao

Yeah Soviet trainers makes sense.

I'm unaware what the pun in "Lee Si Tsin" is

Palladium posted:

Why wouldn't it be cope when we already have John McCain's amazing POW lies

Exactly

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A friend sounded really angry about how you dont own land in china, since you lease it for like 80 year stints or whatever and Im like wtf do you care my dude. How long do you expect to live. Even if you lease it at 20 do you expect to live till you are over a hundred? You got diabetes, you smoke a pack a day and are overweight.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

You gotta laugh when DiCaprio talks about forest preservation.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Yeah Soviet trainers makes sense.

I'm unaware what the pun in "Lee Si Tsin" is

Exactly

Some of the comments in the video explain it

quote:

Ah, the famous eternal "Vietnamese/Chineese/ North Korean" Pilots
Si Ni Tsyn, Lee Si Tsin, Van-Yu-Shin and Friends.
Yes...

s not mockery, those are Russian names that are made look asian. This song praises the russian pilots that pretended to be Vietnamese - e.g Pilot "Lee Si Tsin" (Lisitsin - a common Russian surname) his name is written in a way it looks asian and in the song when the American pilot asks who shot him down, the VC interrogator tells the American pilot him "you were shot by our Vietnamese pilot Lee si tsin" and then the American pilot pretty much says "No, I heard two Russians on my radio on my headset".

You can break up some russian names into three syllables to make them sounds asian to someone unfamiliar with proper asian names.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Some of the comments in the video explain it

You can break up some russian names into three syllables to make them sounds asian to someone unfamiliar with proper asian names.

Oh okay, that's funny

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i don't care about it either way, but i want this mother fucker dead, please note for the record i am not mad and am in fact very chill right now ha ha

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Rutibex posted:

lets see what they have been up to lately

yeah killing 30 soldiers thats totally the same as US communists lol
"Actually if you look at these bodycount numbers..." he said, Vietnamishly.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1457328507005059075

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1457349484216680449

loling at the replies filled with people who seem to think western countries havent had power shortages lately because they havent personally experienced any

I'm glad one superpower can still get things done.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3/status/1457755702483632128

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

not sure if this is the appropriate thread but lol they wrote a report saying "yeah we know they're nazis, but what if the media finds out we know they're nazis" and then the media found the report lmao

https://twitter.com/DanBoeckner/status/1457718908635451401

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nobody will even notice.

I'd be surprised if a major news paper even picks it up.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Wasn't expecting that

https://twitter.com/lapatina_/status/1457751274926055431

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

not sure if this is the appropriate thread but lol they wrote a report saying "yeah we know they're nazis, but what if the media finds out we know they're nazis" and then the media found the report lmao

Also there's a Canada thread you can post it in OP

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847177

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why would putin do this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
near extinct Chinese deer species now thriving in the thousands thanks to conservation efforts over the last few decades

https://youtu.be/9knEIU9EtJA

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gonna toot toot when i drunk drive the holodomor bus

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A friend sounded really angry about how you dont own land in china, since you lease it for like 80 year stints or whatever and Im like wtf do you care my dude. How long do you expect to live. Even if you lease it at 20 do you expect to live till you are over a hundred? You got diabetes, you smoke a pack a day and are overweight.

It's pretty much essential to stopping a country going to poo poo over the long-term.
Unfortunately, not many countries do this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao I definitely see this working

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1457865804855316482?t=120pEx3iQOZHRZO4Kj00YA&s=19

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
looking forward to the Knotted String And Path initiative

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

global financing program, hm

quote:

The White House hopes the initiative can help democratic nations counter Beijing’s massive trillion-dollar project to finance infrastructure projects across the developing world. Biden has said he hopes that by involving the private sector, insisting on additional transparency, and offering equity financing instead of the onerous debt financing required by the Chinese, the U.S. and other countries can offer a preferable development path.

lmao, gently caress off. The reason why BRI works is exactly because China cuts any and all intermediary bullshit and negotiates directly with governments and favorable terms

the USA govt already did that bullshit twice, last time with the washington consensus, yet the state dept simply can't realize the possibility of doing direct spending in third world countries for their benefit first lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

China: hey, I build you rail, roads, ports and an airport, plus we help you out with lots of credit straight to your account, no questions asked, for a symbolic fee. All we ask back is for us to trade, alright?

USA: so you want some money heh I got some heh heh look I need you to undo all these bullshit regulations about foreign financial movements, also my guys need to not pay taxes at all, k? we want 50% of your ports privatized, every airport ought to have a 20% private capital participation minimum. also we wanna an installation fee for those companies, consider it your entry price for our unbelievable yaaaas good loans, heh. btw they're so good so good that you gotta take a primary one from us with these spectacular interest rates, you just have to, heheheh. then you take another one from the IMF, because you see, the third tranche part is going to come from them. The second part is from this super-duper great private consortium of interests we are assembling just. for. you to make your jungleshit country ahem picturesque tropical wonder awesomely developed, POWERED BY AMERICA. after three years of proper payment and continuous demonstrations of goodwill by your part, such as by offering us really cheap privatization deals, we will then give 30% of the primarily negotiated value in your national account over two years, with interest discounted! isn't this the BEST. loving. DEAL. EVER?!?!?!?!